Ok, since we have reached our sixties, my girlfriend and I have decided to fly to Lima, Peru, rent a car and hit the road to spend three weeks exploring. After two nights in Miraflores, we thought we would would change the stereotypical image of the senior taveler..Back packing.. no; luxuries hotels.. maybe here and there; but adventure, YES! So we are leaving Feb 10th and will be back on March 3rd... Thought we would start with the Gringo Trail then onto lake Titicaca with a side trip to Bolivia and onto Cusco, SV and finally the Manu National Park... all Without Reservations, just stopping along the way anywhere that catches our fancy. We have decided to document our travels to give encouragement to other seniors who dare to do something different... Any advice??
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 2 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 3 Volcano erupts in Chile near Puerto Varas and Puerto Montt
- 4 URGENT! Call your airline!
- 5 Columbia Local Beer
- 6 Solo backpacking in Argentina and Chile
- 7 El Calafate/Torres del Paine 7 day Itinerary Help
- 8 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 9 10 days in Argentina
- 10 february/march- where to go?
- 11 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 12 Peruvian Amazon
- 13 driving to salvador
- 14 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 15 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 16 Peru, help cutting costs
- 17 cartagena , columbia
- 18 Peru Itinerary Help
- 19 One spare day in our itinerary - where should it go?
- 20 10 days backpacking in Peru
- 21 Antofogasta or Calama ? And which month ?
- 22 Birding in Mindo
- 23 Iguazu accomodation
- 24 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 25 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April