Ok, since we have reached our sixties, my girlfriend and I have decided to fly to Lima, Peru, rent a car and hit the road to spend three weeks exploring. After two nights in Miraflores, we thought we would would change the stereotypical image of the senior taveler..Back packing.. no; luxuries hotels.. maybe here and there; but adventure, YES! So we are leaving Feb 10th and will be back on March 3rd... Thought we would start with the Gringo Trail then onto lake Titicaca with a side trip to Bolivia and onto Cusco, SV and finally the Manu National Park... all Without Reservations, just stopping along the way anywhere that catches our fancy. We have decided to document our travels to give encouragement to other seniors who dare to do something different... Any advice??
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 2 Peru versus Bolivia
- 3 Heart of the Inca
- 4 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 5 La Paz to Santiago - route choices
- 6 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 7 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 8 2 nights in Torres Del Paine - Which route and refugio?
- 9 Argentinians in Punta Del Este!!
- 10 Still Planning But Getting Close!
- 11 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 12 WWYD-time in Lima
- 13 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 14 Argentina Holiday Help
- 15 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 16 argentina & brazil
- 17 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 18 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 19 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 20 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 21 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 22 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 23 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 24 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 25 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?