Ok, since we have reached our sixties, my girlfriend and I have decided to fly to Lima, Peru, rent a car and hit the road to spend three weeks exploring. After two nights in Miraflores, we thought we would would change the stereotypical image of the senior taveler..Back packing.. no; luxuries hotels.. maybe here and there; but adventure, YES! So we are leaving Feb 10th and will be back on March 3rd... Thought we would start with the Gringo Trail then onto lake Titicaca with a side trip to Bolivia and onto Cusco, SV and finally the Manu National Park... all Without Reservations, just stopping along the way anywhere that catches our fancy. We have decided to document our travels to give encouragement to other seniors who dare to do something different... Any advice??
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 2 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 3 2-weeks trip to Chile, itinerary review
- 4 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 5 My (entertertaining & illustrated) advice on the best ever Peru itinerary
- 6 Christmas in the Andes (Peru & Ecuador)
- 7 Three weeks in South America
- 8 TRIP DO COLOMBIA
- 9 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 10 Colombia...without Bogota? Looking for opinions!
- 11 Argentina ininerary November 2015
- 12 Chile, Brazil and New York
- 13 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 14 Easter Day in Rio
- 15 Argentina Trip report
- 16 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 17 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 18 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 19 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 20 Ecuador - Amazon Basin Trip
- 21 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 22 Patagonia tour
- 23 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 24 Patagonia tour in April
- 25 Patagonia tour