Ok, since we have reached our sixties, my girlfriend and I have decided to fly to Lima, Peru, rent a car and hit the road to spend three weeks exploring. After two nights in Miraflores, we thought we would would change the stereotypical image of the senior taveler..Back packing.. no; luxuries hotels.. maybe here and there; but adventure, YES! So we are leaving Feb 10th and will be back on March 3rd... Thought we would start with the Gringo Trail then onto lake Titicaca with a side trip to Bolivia and onto Cusco, SV and finally the Manu National Park... all Without Reservations, just stopping along the way anywhere that catches our fancy. We have decided to document our travels to give encouragement to other seniors who dare to do something different... Any advice??
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 2 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 3 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 4 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 5 Fire in Valparaiso
- 6 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 7 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 8 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 9 Ecuador - should we go?
- 10 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 11 Back to South America
- 12 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 13 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 14 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 15 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 16 Driving in Ecuador
- 17 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 18 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 19 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 20 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 21 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 22 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 23 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 24 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 25 Questions re. Machu Picchu