Ok, since we have reached our sixties, my girlfriend and I have decided to fly to Lima, Peru, rent a car and hit the road to spend three weeks exploring. After two nights in Miraflores, we thought we would would change the stereotypical image of the senior taveler..Back packing.. no; luxuries hotels.. maybe here and there; but adventure, YES! So we are leaving Feb 10th and will be back on March 3rd... Thought we would start with the Gringo Trail then onto lake Titicaca with a side trip to Bolivia and onto Cusco, SV and finally the Manu National Park... all Without Reservations, just stopping along the way anywhere that catches our fancy. We have decided to document our travels to give encouragement to other seniors who dare to do something different... Any advice??
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 2 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 3 Wet suits in Galapagos
- 4 Tupiza to Tilcara
- 5 8 Days in Peru
- 6 Hostels in Oruro during Carnaval?
- 7 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 8 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 9 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 10 Transportation in Ecuador
- 11 NW of Argentina
- 12 adventure tour on the Amazon
- 13 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 14 Ten days in Ecuador
- 15 amazon jungle trips
- 16 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 17 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 18 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 19 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 20 Dollars, sols or credit cards in Peru?
- 21 Peru versus Bolivia
- 22 Need advise for Argentina and surrounding areas in May??
- 23 Enchanting-South America-tour companies
- 24 altitude sickness (Bolivia vs. Peru)
- 25 Need help in where to stay in Mendoza in December