Ok, since we have reached our sixties, my girlfriend and I have decided to fly to Lima, Peru, rent a car and hit the road to spend three weeks exploring. After two nights in Miraflores, we thought we would would change the stereotypical image of the senior taveler..Back packing.. no; luxuries hotels.. maybe here and there; but adventure, YES! So we are leaving Feb 10th and will be back on March 3rd... Thought we would start with the Gringo Trail then onto lake Titicaca with a side trip to Bolivia and onto Cusco, SV and finally the Manu National Park... all Without Reservations, just stopping along the way anywhere that catches our fancy. We have decided to document our travels to give encouragement to other seniors who dare to do something different... Any advice??
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 2 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 3 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 4 Cell phone in Brazil
- 5 10 Full Days in Peru
- 6 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 7 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 8 10 day itinerary questions
- 9 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 10 Please comment on this 8 week itinerary (Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru)!
- 11 Iguazu Falls for a single woman?
- 12 ATM San Pedro de Atacama
- 13 Santiago 2 days
- 14 Galapogas: Short tour vs long tour
- 15 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 16 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 17 Quito Airport Hotels?
- 18 10 day in peru
- 19 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 20 Galapogas Islands - when to go?
- 21 Mendoza
- 22 Patagonia in November 2014 Need help with rental SUV or guide
- 23 Hotel Suggestions Cusco, Aguas calientes, Urubamba, Puno, Lima etc..
- 24 General Peru questions
- 25 Argentina Holiday Help