Ok, since we have reached our sixties, my girlfriend and I have decided to fly to Lima, Peru, rent a car and hit the road to spend three weeks exploring. After two nights in Miraflores, we thought we would would change the stereotypical image of the senior taveler..Back packing.. no; luxuries hotels.. maybe here and there; but adventure, YES! So we are leaving Feb 10th and will be back on March 3rd... Thought we would start with the Gringo Trail then onto lake Titicaca with a side trip to Bolivia and onto Cusco, SV and finally the Manu National Park... all Without Reservations, just stopping along the way anywhere that catches our fancy. We have decided to document our travels to give encouragement to other seniors who dare to do something different... Any advice??
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Itinerary Feedback
- 2 Lima to Foz
- 3 Chile Private Tour
- 4 Language study in Brazil
- 5 Columbia Questions
- 6 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 7 Chile reciprocity fee - Canadian citizens
- 8 Argentina Holiday Help
- 9 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 10 driving up the coast from rio de janeiro to salvador
- 11 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 12 Chile - IVA Tax
- 13 Christmas present to Cusco?
- 14 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 15 Trip Report
- 16 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 17 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 18 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 19 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 20 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 21 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 22 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 23 1st South American adventure
- 24 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 25 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...