Ok, since we have reached our sixties, my girlfriend and I have decided to fly to Lima, Peru, rent a car and hit the road to spend three weeks exploring. After two nights in Miraflores, we thought we would would change the stereotypical image of the senior taveler..Back packing.. no; luxuries hotels.. maybe here and there; but adventure, YES! So we are leaving Feb 10th and will be back on March 3rd... Thought we would start with the Gringo Trail then onto lake Titicaca with a side trip to Bolivia and onto Cusco, SV and finally the Manu National Park... all Without Reservations, just stopping along the way anywhere that catches our fancy. We have decided to document our travels to give encouragement to other seniors who dare to do something different... Any advice??
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 2 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 3 Help
- 4 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 5 Satellite phones allowed into Brazil?
- 6 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 7 Easter Day in Rio
- 8 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 9 Visiting Machu Picchu in August, need help with planning.
- 10 Wrapping Up the Trip Planning - A Few Final Questions
- 11 Costa Rica during Holy Week - need help
- 12 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 13 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 14 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 15 Three weeks in South America
- 16 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 17 Patagonia tour in April
- 18 5 days in Patgonia... review of itinerary
- 19 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 20 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 21 HIP - BACK problems.....Relief !
- 22 Off the beaten track
- 23 Hosteria Tyndall - Torres del Paine
- 24 Ecuador Trip without Galapagos-10 nights
- 25 LAN flights cancelled this morning, March 11, due to a strike