I am in the early phases of planning a long journey through South America. The first stop will most likely be the Galapogos Islands for up to a week.. Since this will be a long trip and money is not unlimited, I thought it might be good to see the Galapogos by land. . We would probably like to see Santa Cruz, San Cristobol, Santiago, Fernandia, Isabela and Rabida. Maybe we could base on one or two of the islands and visit the others on day trips? Does anyone have any ideas on how I would organize this or where to stay? If you think I'm wrong about the land trip being more economical, I'd also appreciate sea tour suggestions. Thanks for your help!
Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 2-weeks trip to Chile, itinerary review
- 2 Amauta has moved to a different adres?
- 3 Has Argentina stasting charging an entry tax/fee yet?
- 4 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 5 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 6 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 7 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 8 Brazil: Bonito/Pantanal : Manaus Guide Recommendations
- 9 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 10 Chile, Brazil and New York
- 11 My (entertertaining & illustrated) advice on the best ever Peru itinerary
- 12 Christmas in the Andes (Peru & Ecuador)
- 13 Three weeks in South America
- 14 TRIP DO COLOMBIA
- 15 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 16 Colombia...without Bogota? Looking for opinions!
- 17 Argentina ininerary November 2015
- 18 Easter Day in Rio
- 19 Argentina Trip report
- 20 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 21 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 22 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 23 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 24 Ecuador - Amazon Basin Trip
- 25 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May