I am in the early phases of planning a long journey through South America. The first stop will most likely be the Galapogos Islands for up to a week.. Since this will be a long trip and money is not unlimited, I thought it might be good to see the Galapogos by land. . We would probably like to see Santa Cruz, San Cristobol, Santiago, Fernandia, Isabela and Rabida. Maybe we could base on one or two of the islands and visit the others on day trips? Does anyone have any ideas on how I would organize this or where to stay? If you think I'm wrong about the land trip being more economical, I'd also appreciate sea tour suggestions. Thanks for your help!
Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 driving to salvador
- 2 10 days in Argentina
- 3 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 4 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 5 Peruvian Amazon
- 6 Peru, help cutting costs
- 7 cartagena , columbia
- 8 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 9 Peru Itinerary Help
- 10 One spare day in our itinerary - where should it go?
- 11 february/march- where to go?
- 12 10 days backpacking in Peru
- 13 Antofogasta or Calama ? And which month ?
- 14 Birding in Mindo
- 15 Iguazu accomodation
- 16 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 17 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 18 El Calafate/Torres del Paine 7 day Itinerary Help
- 19 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 20 Driving Advice for El Calafate to Torres Del Paine in early October
- 21 Peru: a month travel in February
- 22 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 23 Trip to Machu Picchu, Amazing Place!!!
- 24 Off the beaten track
- 25 Solo female travelling around South America