I am in the early phases of planning a long journey through South America. The first stop will most likely be the Galapogos Islands for up to a week.. Since this will be a long trip and money is not unlimited, I thought it might be good to see the Galapogos by land. . We would probably like to see Santa Cruz, San Cristobol, Santiago, Fernandia, Isabela and Rabida. Maybe we could base on one or two of the islands and visit the others on day trips? Does anyone have any ideas on how I would organize this or where to stay? If you think I'm wrong about the land trip being more economical, I'd also appreciate sea tour suggestions. Thanks for your help!
Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 2 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 3 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 4 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 5 2 nights in Torres Del Paine - Which route and refugio?
- 6 Argentinians in Punta Del Este!!
- 7 La Paz to Santiago - route choices
- 8 Still Planning But Getting Close!
- 9 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 10 WWYD-time in Lima
- 11 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 12 Argentina Holiday Help
- 13 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 14 argentina & brazil
- 15 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 16 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 17 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 18 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 19 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 20 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 21 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 22 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 23 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 24 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 25 2 wks in Colombia