I am in the early phases of planning a long journey through South America. The first stop will most likely be the Galapogos Islands for up to a week.. Since this will be a long trip and money is not unlimited, I thought it might be good to see the Galapogos by land. . We would probably like to see Santa Cruz, San Cristobol, Santiago, Fernandia, Isabela and Rabida. Maybe we could base on one or two of the islands and visit the others on day trips? Does anyone have any ideas on how I would organize this or where to stay? If you think I'm wrong about the land trip being more economical, I'd also appreciate sea tour suggestions. Thanks for your help!
Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 2 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 3 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 4 Help
- 5 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 6 Satellite phones allowed into Brazil?
- 7 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 8 Easter Day in Rio
- 9 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 10 Visiting Machu Picchu in August, need help with planning.
- 11 Wrapping Up the Trip Planning - A Few Final Questions
- 12 Costa Rica during Holy Week - need help
- 13 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 14 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 15 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 16 Three weeks in South America
- 17 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 18 Patagonia tour in April
- 19 5 days in Patgonia... review of itinerary
- 20 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 21 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 22 HIP - BACK problems.....Relief !
- 23 Off the beaten track
- 24 Hosteria Tyndall - Torres del Paine
- 25 Ecuador Trip without Galapagos-10 nights