I am in the early phases of planning a long journey through South America. The first stop will most likely be the Galapogos Islands for up to a week.. Since this will be a long trip and money is not unlimited, I thought it might be good to see the Galapogos by land. . We would probably like to see Santa Cruz, San Cristobol, Santiago, Fernandia, Isabela and Rabida. Maybe we could base on one or two of the islands and visit the others on day trips? Does anyone have any ideas on how I would organize this or where to stay? If you think I'm wrong about the land trip being more economical, I'd also appreciate sea tour suggestions. Thanks for your help!
Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 driving to salvador
- 2 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 3 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 4 1 day in Rio
- 5 Peru itinerary in March.. Comments needed please
- 6 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 7 Currency Woes
- 8 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 9 Argentina (and Chile?): basic itinerary
- 10 Just a week!
- 11 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 12 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 13 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 14 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 15 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 16 Quito trip
- 17 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 18 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 19 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 20 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 21 Solo female travelling around South America
- 22 Bariloche car rental
- 23 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 24 Galapagos Islands
- 25 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!