I am in the early phases of planning a long journey through South America. The first stop will most likely be the Galapogos Islands for up to a week.. Since this will be a long trip and money is not unlimited, I thought it might be good to see the Galapogos by land. . We would probably like to see Santa Cruz, San Cristobol, Santiago, Fernandia, Isabela and Rabida. Maybe we could base on one or two of the islands and visit the others on day trips? Does anyone have any ideas on how I would organize this or where to stay? If you think I'm wrong about the land trip being more economical, I'd also appreciate sea tour suggestions. Thanks for your help!
Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Wet suits in Galapagos
- 2 Trip Report - Very Long
- 3 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 4 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 5 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 6 Senior Citizen's wonderful trip to Sacred Valley thanks to Great Tour Guide
- 7 Tupiza to Tilcara
- 8 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 9 8 Days in Peru
- 10 Hostels in Oruro during Carnaval?
- 11 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 12 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 13 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 14 Transportation in Ecuador
- 15 NW of Argentina
- 16 adventure tour on the Amazon
- 17 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 18 Ten days in Ecuador
- 19 amazon jungle trips
- 20 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 21 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 22 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 23 Dollars, sols or credit cards in Peru?
- 24 Peru versus Bolivia
- 25 Need advise for Argentina and surrounding areas in May??