I am in the early phases of planning a long journey through South America. The first stop will most likely be the Galapogos Islands for up to a week.. Since this will be a long trip and money is not unlimited, I thought it might be good to see the Galapogos by land. . We would probably like to see Santa Cruz, San Cristobol, Santiago, Fernandia, Isabela and Rabida. Maybe we could base on one or two of the islands and visit the others on day trips? Does anyone have any ideas on how I would organize this or where to stay? If you think I'm wrong about the land trip being more economical, I'd also appreciate sea tour suggestions. Thanks for your help!
Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 2 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 3 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 4 1st South American adventure
- 5 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 6 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 7 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 8 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 9 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 10 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 11 For Neoptropical Birders
- 12 Columbia Questions
- 13 Posadas-Paraguay-Brazil-Iguassu: Please, Help Find the Tour Operator
- 14 hotels in Buenos Aires
- 15 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 16 Ecuador Rain Forest with Pre-teens
- 17 Any suggestions for restaurants in Manaus?
- 18 Help with One Week, Christmas, Buenos Aires, solo female traveler
- 19 flights and hotels
- 20 Driver, Mendoza
- 21 Recommendations on where to buy an alpaca coat/jacket in Cusco?
- 22 amazon jungle trips
- 23 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 24 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 25 Advice, recommendations and guidance