Planning a trip to the Galapagos islands. I have never been a big fan of cruising. In addition to sea sickness, both my husband and I have gotten food poisoning on prior journeys. I understand that there are decent hotels on Santa Cruz from which you can take day trips to the surrounding islands. Limiting my time on a boat sounds most appealing to me, but would we be missing out on the essence of the Galapagos by not taking a cruise?
Galapagos to cruise or not to cruise?
- 1 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 2 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 3 Need help with Cusco itinerary
- 4 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 5 Flights on LAN
- 6 Eight Days on Horseback in the Avenue of the Volcanoes
- 7 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 8 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 9 More suggested reading
- 10 Family Trip to the Galapagos Islands
- 11 Back to South America
- 12 Peru Trip Report & Reviews (Lima, Sacred Valley, Manu, Cusco)
- 13 Has anyone heard of the tour company "escapes unlimited"?
- 14 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 15 which hotel in Cusco-- Second Home or Hotel Andenes al Cielo
- 16 Trip to Peru with my girlfriend (mid 20s)
- 17 Perito Moreno mini walk
- 18 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 19 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 20 2 weeks in Chile/easter island : first timers but not last timers...
- 21 Ritz Carlton Santiago
- 22 3 - 4 weeks in Brazil - help with trip itinerary
- 23 Peru Rail Trains to Machu Pichu
- 24 LAN South America airpass
- 25 Bogota footwear/cameras; Bolivar bugs