I am planning a trip to Galapagos this summer and, as the spaces on cruise ships are becoming sparse, need make a choice on the timing and the boat/itinerary, and I was hoping your past experiences may help me.
My first dilema is: mid-June or late July/August.
I heard that the water temperatures are lower and the seas rougher in July/August than in June and that therefore June might be a better month.
To complicate this, Samba (the boat and its south/east itinerary), which I was kind of set on, is not avaialable until late July. Angelito, however, is available in June, but I'm just not sure about the boat and the itinerary.
So, my questions are:
Is the weather really that much worse in August? Is it still possible to snorkel or are the seas really, really rough? Are animal sightings as good as in June? I would be interested to hear from anyone who has been there at that time of year.
Is it worth compromising on the itinerary and paying more and go with Angelito rather than Samba just to go earlier? I would also like to hear if anyone has done Angelito (south/east itinerary) and what their experience was like.
Thank you sooo much for you input. I've been losing sleep over this for a week now and am turning this planning of my dream trip into a nightmare
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 2 Machu Picchu in January
- 3 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 4 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 5 Dining in Medellin
- 6 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 7 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 8 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 9 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 10 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 11 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 12 santiago chile area
- 13 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 14 Reflections on our South America trip
- 15 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 16 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 17 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 18 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?
- 19 visit in the area of Campinas,Brazil and weather
- 20 Buying show tickets to Cafe Tortoni
- 21 Iguazu Falls-"Best" Way to Reach/See
- 22 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 23 One week in Cartagena?
- 24 Argentina 3 week Itinerary
- 25 One day in Buenos Aires and Tango Experience