I am planning a trip to Galapagos this summer and, as the spaces on cruise ships are becoming sparse, need make a choice on the timing and the boat/itinerary, and I was hoping your past experiences may help me.
My first dilema is: mid-June or late July/August.
I heard that the water temperatures are lower and the seas rougher in July/August than in June and that therefore June might be a better month.
To complicate this, Samba (the boat and its south/east itinerary), which I was kind of set on, is not avaialable until late July. Angelito, however, is available in June, but I'm just not sure about the boat and the itinerary.
So, my questions are:
Is the weather really that much worse in August? Is it still possible to snorkel or are the seas really, really rough? Are animal sightings as good as in June? I would be interested to hear from anyone who has been there at that time of year.
Is it worth compromising on the itinerary and paying more and go with Angelito rather than Samba just to go earlier? I would also like to hear if anyone has done Angelito (south/east itinerary) and what their experience was like.
Thank you sooo much for you input. I've been losing sleep over this for a week now and am turning this planning of my dream trip into a nightmare
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://nitroshredadvice.com/enhance-mind-iq/
- 2 Going to Peru with 2 kids (9 and 12yrs)
- 3 8 days in Ecudor
- 4 Northeast Brazil
- 5 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 6 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 7 Lima, Peru - Travel Report
- 8 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 9 Galapagos - Family Wildlife Tours
- 10 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 11 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 12 Going to Machu Pichu with 4 children
- 13 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 14 James Frazer-Mann - Trying to book El Chalten via Plataforma10 ?
- 15 Adventures / full of experince tours in the Ecuadorians
- 16 Lima - driver for hire
- 17 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 18 OK one final question - concerns AEP!
- 19 Iguazu Falls Couple Last Minute Questions!
- 20 First trip to Argentina - should we just stay in Buenos Aires?
- 21 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 22 Booking Treks in Cusco?
- 23 Best Hostels Cusco?
- 24 ONE WEEK IN COLOMBIA
- 25 Itinerary help