I am planning a trip to Galapagos this summer and, as the spaces on cruise ships are becoming sparse, need make a choice on the timing and the boat/itinerary, and I was hoping your past experiences may help me.
My first dilema is: mid-June or late July/August.
I heard that the water temperatures are lower and the seas rougher in July/August than in June and that therefore June might be a better month.
To complicate this, Samba (the boat and its south/east itinerary), which I was kind of set on, is not avaialable until late July. Angelito, however, is available in June, but I'm just not sure about the boat and the itinerary.
So, my questions are:
Is the weather really that much worse in August? Is it still possible to snorkel or are the seas really, really rough? Are animal sightings as good as in June? I would be interested to hear from anyone who has been there at that time of year.
Is it worth compromising on the itinerary and paying more and go with Angelito rather than Samba just to go earlier? I would also like to hear if anyone has done Angelito (south/east itinerary) and what their experience was like.
Thank you sooo much for you input. I've been losing sleep over this for a week now and am turning this planning of my dream trip into a nightmare
Galapagos in June or August?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 2 Speak to me of Peru
- 3 Back to South America
- 4 Amazon from the Andes?
- 5 Please Help - Santiago, Mendoza & Buenos Aires
- 6 Bogotá Restaurants
- 7 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 8 Inhotim in one day? please???
- 9 What time to arrive at Machu Picchu?
- 10 Salta vs. Santiago
- 11 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 12 Brazil visa for Iguazu + fees for Argentina & Chile
- 13 Somewhere hot!!!!!!
- 14 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 15 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 16 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 17 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 18 Fire in Valparaiso
- 19 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 20 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 21 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 22 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 23 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 24 Driving in Ecuador
- 25 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador