I am planning a trip to Galapagos this summer and, as the spaces on cruise ships are becoming sparse, need make a choice on the timing and the boat/itinerary, and I was hoping your past experiences may help me.
My first dilema is: mid-June or late July/August.
I heard that the water temperatures are lower and the seas rougher in July/August than in June and that therefore June might be a better month.
To complicate this, Samba (the boat and its south/east itinerary), which I was kind of set on, is not avaialable until late July. Angelito, however, is available in June, but I'm just not sure about the boat and the itinerary.
So, my questions are:
Is the weather really that much worse in August? Is it still possible to snorkel or are the seas really, really rough? Are animal sightings as good as in June? I would be interested to hear from anyone who has been there at that time of year.
Is it worth compromising on the itinerary and paying more and go with Angelito rather than Samba just to go earlier? I would also like to hear if anyone has done Angelito (south/east itinerary) and what their experience was like.
Thank you sooo much for you input. I've been losing sleep over this for a week now and am turning this planning of my dream trip into a nightmare
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 2 Please help with itinerary!
- 3 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 4 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 5 Condor Travel- any feedback on this tour agency?
- 6 Ridiculously Cheap Airfares to Columbia - Should we go?
- 7 If it's Tuesday, this must be...Nicaragua, the Peruvian Amazon, or Colombia
- 8 Where do I hire motorbikes in La Paz (Bolivia)
- 9 Amy Peru and Chile! (A possibly over enthusiastic trip report)
- 10 Argentina, Uruguay & Chile
- 11 Where to celebrate Easter + milestone birthday?
- 12 Trelew to Peninsula Valdes
- 13 Argentina
- 14 Tucantravel company.
- 15 Help Planning Atacama for Next Week!
- 16 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 17 Bolivia & Argentina itinerary help
- 18 6 Weeks - Argentina and/or Peru/Colombia? too much in this time?
- 19 Ship travel to South America
- 20 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 21 Need some help with ideas for Argentina and Chile in 2017 please!
- 22 Solo travellers in Chile
- 23 Living in rural South America
- 24 Where to eat in Quito and Cuzco?
- 25 Manufacturer of alpaca clothes!