I am planning a trip to Galapagos this summer and, as the spaces on cruise ships are becoming sparse, need make a choice on the timing and the boat/itinerary, and I was hoping your past experiences may help me.
My first dilema is: mid-June or late July/August.
I heard that the water temperatures are lower and the seas rougher in July/August than in June and that therefore June might be a better month.
To complicate this, Samba (the boat and its south/east itinerary), which I was kind of set on, is not avaialable until late July. Angelito, however, is available in June, but I'm just not sure about the boat and the itinerary.
So, my questions are:
Is the weather really that much worse in August? Is it still possible to snorkel or are the seas really, really rough? Are animal sightings as good as in June? I would be interested to hear from anyone who has been there at that time of year.
Is it worth compromising on the itinerary and paying more and go with Angelito rather than Samba just to go earlier? I would also like to hear if anyone has done Angelito (south/east itinerary) and what their experience was like.
Thank you sooo much for you input. I've been losing sleep over this for a week now and am turning this planning of my dream trip into a nightmare
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 South America 2 Months Itinery
- 2 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 3 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 4 5 day Galapagos cruise in Nov
- 5 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 6 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 7 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 8 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 9 Sixty days in Colombia
- 10 Machu Picchu - NatGeo vs. OAT
- 11 Taking the Bus Santiago Airport to Valpo
- 12 MP and Torres del Paine on same trip?
- 13 Steak house rec in Buenos Aires near Recoleta
- 14 Choquequirao Questions
- 15 12 Day Peru Itinerary Help
- 16 Shopping for sweaters - Quito or Otavalo?
- 17 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 18 Cajamarca
- 19 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 20 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 21 Patagonia - Equipment
- 22 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 23 Chile or Argentina?
- 24 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 25 Iguassu Falls footwear?