I am planning a trip to Galapagos this summer and, as the spaces on cruise ships are becoming sparse, need make a choice on the timing and the boat/itinerary, and I was hoping your past experiences may help me.
My first dilema is: mid-June or late July/August.
I heard that the water temperatures are lower and the seas rougher in July/August than in June and that therefore June might be a better month.
To complicate this, Samba (the boat and its south/east itinerary), which I was kind of set on, is not avaialable until late July. Angelito, however, is available in June, but I'm just not sure about the boat and the itinerary.
So, my questions are:
Is the weather really that much worse in August? Is it still possible to snorkel or are the seas really, really rough? Are animal sightings as good as in June? I would be interested to hear from anyone who has been there at that time of year.
Is it worth compromising on the itinerary and paying more and go with Angelito rather than Samba just to go earlier? I would also like to hear if anyone has done Angelito (south/east itinerary) and what their experience was like.
Thank you sooo much for you input. I've been losing sleep over this for a week now and am turning this planning of my dream trip into a nightmare
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 (((=)))) BUS97.COM (((=)))) 카지노게임방법 (((=)))) 바카라게임
- 2 Trip to Amazon where to start
- 3 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!
- 4 Valpo, Lakes, Chiloe & Patagonia Time allotment?
- 5 Another Amazing Trip to Patagonia
- 6 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 7 Flying Solo to South America
- 8 Tell me soething about South America travel tips?
- 9 South American destinations for introverts?
- 10 Narrowing Down Itinerary
- 11 Where to start in May?
- 12 Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail
- 13 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 14 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 15 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
- 16 Cartagens for 3.5 days. Looking for suggestions-islands, food tours, etc..
- 17 Need day trip/guide suggestions from Puerto Ayora, Galapagos
- 18 Peru Final 15-day Itinerary Help Needed
- 19 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 20 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?
- 21 Peru - Puno & Lakes or Amazon
- 22 Did You Visit the Lakes District and/or Chiloe?
- 23 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 24 Argentina and Bolivia/March and April
- 25 Belated trip report (Quito and Mindo)