I am planning a trip to Galapagos this summer and, as the spaces on cruise ships are becoming sparse, need make a choice on the timing and the boat/itinerary, and I was hoping your past experiences may help me.
My first dilema is: mid-June or late July/August.
I heard that the water temperatures are lower and the seas rougher in July/August than in June and that therefore June might be a better month.
To complicate this, Samba (the boat and its south/east itinerary), which I was kind of set on, is not avaialable until late July. Angelito, however, is available in June, but I'm just not sure about the boat and the itinerary.
So, my questions are:
Is the weather really that much worse in August? Is it still possible to snorkel or are the seas really, really rough? Are animal sightings as good as in June? I would be interested to hear from anyone who has been there at that time of year.
Is it worth compromising on the itinerary and paying more and go with Angelito rather than Samba just to go earlier? I would also like to hear if anyone has done Angelito (south/east itinerary) and what their experience was like.
Thank you sooo much for you input. I've been losing sleep over this for a week now and am turning this planning of my dream trip into a nightmare
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Best Trek in Peru? (Huayhuash Circuit vs Inca Trail)
- 2 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 3 salkantay trek
- 4 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 5 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 6 Rainbow mountain trek
- 7 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 8 Cusco/Machu Picchu Trip
- 9 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 10 Huayhuash Circuit in May - good-value trekking companies
- 11 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 12 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 13 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 14 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 15 Iquitos
- 16 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 17 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 18 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 19 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 20 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 21 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 22 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 23 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 24 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 25 Agency to purchase tickets to US