Hi! We have had the Galapagos on our travel list for a long time and are trying to decide where to go at the end of August... I have heard stories of cold weather and choppy waters that time of year. Obviously, this will be a pricey trip and we don't want to 'waste' our Galapagos trip if the weather is indeed bad enough to prevent us from doing things we would otherwise be able to do in nicer weather. Is it worthwhile to go at the end of August or should we hold off ( probably for a few years) until we can go in the spring instead? Thanks!
Galapagos in August?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 2 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 3 Quito: Old city or new?
- 4 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 5 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 6 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 7 Bogota
- 8 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 9 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 10 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 11 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 12 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 13 4 weeks in Chile
- 14 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 15 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 16 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 17 Para Ti, Brazil
- 18 Advice needed for Colombia
- 19 Chile and Argentina
- 20 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 21 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 22 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 23 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 24 El valle de Elquí
- 25 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation