We are starting to plan a Galapagos cruise tour for spring 2011, and are researching various cruises. We have friends that are booked on a National Geographic tour this fall, and other friends that have chosen to use a larger cruiseship (one of the 100 passenger ones) tour next year. We know that we want a smaller boat (somewhere in the 16 - 40 passenger range), that we want a 7-8 day cruise, and are leaning toward the "deluxe" ships (hey, you only do this once, right?). My question is, for people that have gone with National Geographic, what is it about their ships or cruises that justifies a price tag that is double that of the "deluxe" ships that I've seen? (and for that matter, what kind of difference is there between the "first class" and the "deluxe" category ships?) If it really makes a difference in the experience I'm willing to consider it, but what we really want is a comfortable bed, good food, small groups, and a really great naturalist guide. Thoughts?
Galapagos cruises - National Geographic tour?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 2 Please Help - Santiago, Mendoza & Buenos Aires
- 3 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 4 Speak to me of Peru
- 5 Back to South America
- 6 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 7 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 8 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 9 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 10 Fire in Valparaiso
- 11 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 12 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 13 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 14 Ecuador - should we go?
- 15 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 16 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 17 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 18 Driving in Ecuador
- 19 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 20 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 21 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 22 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 23 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 24 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 25 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco