We are starting to plan a Galapagos cruise tour for spring 2011, and are researching various cruises. We have friends that are booked on a National Geographic tour this fall, and other friends that have chosen to use a larger cruiseship (one of the 100 passenger ones) tour next year. We know that we want a smaller boat (somewhere in the 16 - 40 passenger range), that we want a 7-8 day cruise, and are leaning toward the "deluxe" ships (hey, you only do this once, right?). My question is, for people that have gone with National Geographic, what is it about their ships or cruises that justifies a price tag that is double that of the "deluxe" ships that I've seen? (and for that matter, what kind of difference is there between the "first class" and the "deluxe" category ships?) If it really makes a difference in the experience I'm willing to consider it, but what we really want is a comfortable bed, good food, small groups, and a really great naturalist guide. Thoughts?
Galapagos cruises - National Geographic tour?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 2 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 3 Ecuador - should we go?
- 4 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 5 Santiago 2 days
- 6 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 7 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 8 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 9 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 10 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 11 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 12 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 13 Lodge in Pantanal
- 14 Pantanal on your own
- 15 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 16 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 17 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 18 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 19 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 20 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 21 Cell phone in Brazil
- 22 10 Full Days in Peru
- 23 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 24 10 day itinerary questions
- 25 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?