We are starting to plan a Galapagos cruise tour for spring 2011, and are researching various cruises. We have friends that are booked on a National Geographic tour this fall, and other friends that have chosen to use a larger cruiseship (one of the 100 passenger ones) tour next year. We know that we want a smaller boat (somewhere in the 16 - 40 passenger range), that we want a 7-8 day cruise, and are leaning toward the "deluxe" ships (hey, you only do this once, right?). My question is, for people that have gone with National Geographic, what is it about their ships or cruises that justifies a price tag that is double that of the "deluxe" ships that I've seen? (and for that matter, what kind of difference is there between the "first class" and the "deluxe" category ships?) If it really makes a difference in the experience I'm willing to consider it, but what we really want is a comfortable bed, good food, small groups, and a really great naturalist guide. Thoughts?
Galapagos cruises - National Geographic tour?
View all South America activity »
- 1 8 Days in Brazil
- 2 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 3 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 4 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 5 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 6 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 7 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 8 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 9 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 10 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 11 Peru Hop?
- 12 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 13 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 14 Uruguay Re-Do
- 15 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 16 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 17 More suggested reading
- 18 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 19 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 20 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 21 Bariloche over XMas
- 22 Quark Expeditions 50% off sale - Antarctica 2014
- 23 Traveling with a Computer?
- 24 Christmas Day in Buenos Aires
- 25 Two Weeks Ecuador - Itinerary Help!