We are starting to plan a Galapagos cruise tour for spring 2011, and are researching various cruises. We have friends that are booked on a National Geographic tour this fall, and other friends that have chosen to use a larger cruiseship (one of the 100 passenger ones) tour next year. We know that we want a smaller boat (somewhere in the 16 - 40 passenger range), that we want a 7-8 day cruise, and are leaning toward the "deluxe" ships (hey, you only do this once, right?). My question is, for people that have gone with National Geographic, what is it about their ships or cruises that justifies a price tag that is double that of the "deluxe" ships that I've seen? (and for that matter, what kind of difference is there between the "first class" and the "deluxe" category ships?) If it really makes a difference in the experience I'm willing to consider it, but what we really want is a comfortable bed, good food, small groups, and a really great naturalist guide. Thoughts?
Galapagos cruises - National Geographic tour?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina (and Chile?): basic itinerary
- 2 Puno hotel with kids?
- 3 Return Flight from Lima to Cuzco
- 4 Help with Logistics for Machu Picchu, please?
- 5 Ecuador Guide Book
- 6 Driving in Bolivia Near La Paz
- 7 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 8 Money in Buenos Aires
- 9 Best small group walking/hiking tours
- 10 Solo female travelling around South America
- 11 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 12 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 13 Family friendly accommodation Iquitos
- 14 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 15 Buquebus question for AVRooster
- 16 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 17 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 18 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 19 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 20 Quito: Old city or new?
- 21 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 22 Bogota
- 23 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 24 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 25 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler