We are starting to plan a Galapagos cruise tour for spring 2011, and are researching various cruises. We have friends that are booked on a National Geographic tour this fall, and other friends that have chosen to use a larger cruiseship (one of the 100 passenger ones) tour next year. We know that we want a smaller boat (somewhere in the 16 - 40 passenger range), that we want a 7-8 day cruise, and are leaning toward the "deluxe" ships (hey, you only do this once, right?). My question is, for people that have gone with National Geographic, what is it about their ships or cruises that justifies a price tag that is double that of the "deluxe" ships that I've seen? (and for that matter, what kind of difference is there between the "first class" and the "deluxe" category ships?) If it really makes a difference in the experience I'm willing to consider it, but what we really want is a comfortable bed, good food, small groups, and a really great naturalist guide. Thoughts?
Galapagos cruises - National Geographic tour?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 2 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 3 1 day in Rio
- 4 Peru itinerary in March.. Comments needed please
- 5 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 6 Currency Woes
- 7 driving to salvador
- 8 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 9 Argentina (and Chile?): basic itinerary
- 10 Just a week!
- 11 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 12 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 13 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 14 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 15 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 16 Quito trip
- 17 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 18 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 19 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 20 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 21 Solo female travelling around South America
- 22 Bariloche car rental
- 23 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 24 Galapagos Islands
- 25 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!