We already booked our South America vacation from October 26 to November 11, traveling from Buenos Aires to Rio and require your kind assistance on the following matters:
1.Ferry BA to/from Montevideo. What is the difference between the first and the second class?
We booked 2 hotels in Montevideo: Axsur Design and Cala di Volpe Boutique. We still can’t decide which one is better. It just came across the web, that Axsur location and safety is not the best.
Bus to/from Mendoza. We definitely need the most luxury accommodation (first class). Which bus company should we take? How far in advance we should do it?
2.Trips/sightseeing/activities in Mendoza. I know that we have to have wine tour and mountain tour (including Aconcagua and Puente del Inca). We need the name of a knowledgeable guide with a good command of English
3.Guided tour of Buenos-Aries as well as recommendations as to the sightseeing, shops and restaurants.
Other things we would be interested in - names of good restaurants (not necessary the most pricy, but with excellent food and service favored by locals, shops, tango show recommendations, etc.
It would help if you can provide descriptions (possibly websites/links for the events, venues, etc.).
From Buenos Aires to Rio
- 1 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 2 Flights on LAN
- 3 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 4 Need help with Cusco itinerary
- 5 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 6 Eight Days on Horseback in the Avenue of the Volcanoes
- 7 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 8 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 9 More suggested reading
- 10 Family Trip to the Galapagos Islands
- 11 Back to South America
- 12 Peru Trip Report & Reviews (Lima, Sacred Valley, Manu, Cusco)
- 13 Has anyone heard of the tour company "escapes unlimited"?
- 14 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 15 which hotel in Cusco-- Second Home or Hotel Andenes al Cielo
- 16 Trip to Peru with my girlfriend (mid 20s)
- 17 Perito Moreno mini walk
- 18 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 19 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 20 2 weeks in Chile/easter island : first timers but not last timers...
- 21 Ritz Carlton Santiago
- 22 3 - 4 weeks in Brazil - help with trip itinerary
- 23 Peru Rail Trains to Machu Pichu
- 24 LAN South America airpass
- 25 Bogota footwear/cameras; Bolivar bugs