I've posted on this topic before, but have a few different questions this time around.
1) For some reason, it is cheaper to buy a round trip ticket (searching via Kayak.com) from Rio to Cuzco than it is to buy a 1 way ticket. It also is a much more direct flight since it will go from Rio -> Lima instead of Rio -> Sao Paulo -> Lima. It is $792 per ticket for a one way but I can find it for $700 if I change it to roundtrip (we are looking to leave November 2nd and I am just choosing a random day a few days after that for the return flight). Does anyone know of any reason why we couldn't just book the roundtrip ticket with no intention of ever using the return ticket? Is there any Visa implications by doing this or any reason we SHOULDN'T book a roundtrip ticket since it's cheaper and a more efficient route?
2) The cheapest flight is always coming up as Taca Intl Air. Does anyone know a thing about this airline?
3) Any other suggestions on a better way to book this flight? $700 seems pretty pricey too so if you have any ideas on how to get it cheaper that would be great!
Thanks as always!
Fly from Rio to Cuzco
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 2 Para Ti, Brazil
- 3 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 4 4 weeks in Chile
- 5 Advice needed for Colombia
- 6 Chile and Argentina
- 7 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 8 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 9 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 10 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 11 El valle de Elquí
- 12 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 13 Columbia Questions
- 14 Bogota
- 15 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 16 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 17 Jewish sites and tour of Buenos Aires?
- 18 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 19 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 20 Galapagos in 5 days
- 21 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 22 Glover´s ongoing report - 2 months in Colombia
- 23 Plaza Hotel in Buenos Aires
- 24 Beaches near Buenos Aires
- 25 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires