I've posted on this topic before, but have a few different questions this time around.
1) For some reason, it is cheaper to buy a round trip ticket (searching via Kayak.com) from Rio to Cuzco than it is to buy a 1 way ticket. It also is a much more direct flight since it will go from Rio -> Lima instead of Rio -> Sao Paulo -> Lima. It is $792 per ticket for a one way but I can find it for $700 if I change it to roundtrip (we are looking to leave November 2nd and I am just choosing a random day a few days after that for the return flight). Does anyone know of any reason why we couldn't just book the roundtrip ticket with no intention of ever using the return ticket? Is there any Visa implications by doing this or any reason we SHOULDN'T book a roundtrip ticket since it's cheaper and a more efficient route?
2) The cheapest flight is always coming up as Taca Intl Air. Does anyone know a thing about this airline?
3) Any other suggestions on a better way to book this flight? $700 seems pretty pricey too so if you have any ideas on how to get it cheaper that would be great!
Thanks as always!
Fly from Rio to Cuzco
- 1 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 2 Machu Pichu accomodation
- 3 Vaya Adventures
- 4 Help needed - how to get from Iguazu border to Foz do Iguazu hotel?
- 5 Estancia near Mendoza?
- 6 11-day trip to Easter Island and Santiago.
- 7 Galapagos -- Anahi or Millenium
- 8 Taxi fares for my options at the Falls (Argentina).
- 9 Recommendations for Amazon tours
- 10 19 day Peru Itinerary, your thoughts?
- 11 Back to South America
- 12 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 13 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 14 We will be in Rio during carnival. Advice needed please.
- 15 Had to cancel our trip to Peru
- 16 Van rental in Punta Arena, Chile
- 17 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 18 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 19 Recommendations for Galapagos islands tours
- 20 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 21 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 22 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 23 Need Driver for Iguazu Falls & Foz da Iguacu
- 24 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos
- 25 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?