I've posted on this topic before, but have a few different questions this time around.
1) For some reason, it is cheaper to buy a round trip ticket (searching via Kayak.com) from Rio to Cuzco than it is to buy a 1 way ticket. It also is a much more direct flight since it will go from Rio -> Lima instead of Rio -> Sao Paulo -> Lima. It is $792 per ticket for a one way but I can find it for $700 if I change it to roundtrip (we are looking to leave November 2nd and I am just choosing a random day a few days after that for the return flight). Does anyone know of any reason why we couldn't just book the roundtrip ticket with no intention of ever using the return ticket? Is there any Visa implications by doing this or any reason we SHOULDN'T book a roundtrip ticket since it's cheaper and a more efficient route?
2) The cheapest flight is always coming up as Taca Intl Air. Does anyone know a thing about this airline?
3) Any other suggestions on a better way to book this flight? $700 seems pretty pricey too so if you have any ideas on how to get it cheaper that would be great!
Thanks as always!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Please help with Peru itinerary
- 2 cruises now coming/going from San Antonio instead of Valparaiso
- 3 Puzzled by altitude sickness
- 4 Brazil
- 5 Visa for Brazil/canadian applying/Help!!!!
- 6 Palermo-Soho Hotel in Buenos Aires?
- 7 Best way to get from airport in Santiago to Ibis hotel in Valparaiso
- 8 Peru Trip for the Family
- 9 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 10 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 11 Patagonia itinerary advice
- 12 1.5 days in Rio
- 13 If it's Tuesday, it must be Patagonia...need itinerary help
- 14 Galapagos tours
- 15 Authentic Peruvian Community
- 16 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 17 Patagonia Hike/Travel/Explore
- 18 2 weeks trip
- 19 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 20 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 21 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 22 Where to stay in Bariloche
- 23 WEBJET
- 24 Iguazu and Iguaçu
- 25 Good women's hairgresser in Santiago?