I've posted on this topic before, but have a few different questions this time around.
1) For some reason, it is cheaper to buy a round trip ticket (searching via Kayak.com) from Rio to Cuzco than it is to buy a 1 way ticket. It also is a much more direct flight since it will go from Rio -> Lima instead of Rio -> Sao Paulo -> Lima. It is $792 per ticket for a one way but I can find it for $700 if I change it to roundtrip (we are looking to leave November 2nd and I am just choosing a random day a few days after that for the return flight). Does anyone know of any reason why we couldn't just book the roundtrip ticket with no intention of ever using the return ticket? Is there any Visa implications by doing this or any reason we SHOULDN'T book a roundtrip ticket since it's cheaper and a more efficient route?
2) The cheapest flight is always coming up as Taca Intl Air. Does anyone know a thing about this airline?
3) Any other suggestions on a better way to book this flight? $700 seems pretty pricey too so if you have any ideas on how to get it cheaper that would be great!
Thanks as always!
Fly from Rio to Cuzco
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Is it safe to backpack in venezuela?
- 2 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 3 VENEZUELA : avoid POSADA La CASITA and GEKKO TOurs in Ciudad Bolivar
- 4 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 5 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 6 Day trip Iguazu to Arg/Paraguay missions - recommend a tour operator?
- 7 8 Days in Peru
- 8 Travel to Peru with my 5 best friends!
- 9 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 10 Connection in Lima, practical for 3 hours?
- 11 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 12 Peru in December
- 13 Hostels in Oruro during Carnaval?
- 14 Machu Picchu First?
- 15 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 16 Ipad Hackers in Peru?
- 17 Trip Report - Very Long
- 18 Wet suits in Galapagos
- 19 Heart of the Inca
- 20 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 21 Senior Citizen's wonderful trip to Sacred Valley thanks to Great Tour Guide
- 22 Tupiza to Tilcara
- 23 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 24 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 25 Anniversary of 9/11/01