I've posted on this topic before, but have a few different questions this time around.
1) For some reason, it is cheaper to buy a round trip ticket (searching via Kayak.com) from Rio to Cuzco than it is to buy a 1 way ticket. It also is a much more direct flight since it will go from Rio -> Lima instead of Rio -> Sao Paulo -> Lima. It is $792 per ticket for a one way but I can find it for $700 if I change it to roundtrip (we are looking to leave November 2nd and I am just choosing a random day a few days after that for the return flight). Does anyone know of any reason why we couldn't just book the roundtrip ticket with no intention of ever using the return ticket? Is there any Visa implications by doing this or any reason we SHOULDN'T book a roundtrip ticket since it's cheaper and a more efficient route?
2) The cheapest flight is always coming up as Taca Intl Air. Does anyone know a thing about this airline?
3) Any other suggestions on a better way to book this flight? $700 seems pretty pricey too so if you have any ideas on how to get it cheaper that would be great!
Thanks as always!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!
- 2 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 3 Narrowing Down Itinerary
- 4 Cartagens for 3.5 days. Looking for suggestions-islands, food tours, etc..
- 5 Need day trip/guide suggestions from Puerto Ayora, Galapagos
- 6 Peru Final 15-day Itinerary Help Needed
- 7 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 8 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?
- 9 Peru - Puno & Lakes or Amazon
- 10 Did You Visit the Lakes District and/or Chiloe?
- 11 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 12 Where to start in May?
- 13 Argentina and Bolivia/March and April
- 14 Belated trip report (Quito and Mindo)
- 15 Machu Picchu...Doable?
- 16 Valparaiso to Santiago Airport - How Much Time to Allow?
- 17 Nazcaflights.com - Jon Green - Any good?
- 18 Santiago & Valparaiso - Attire Questions
- 19 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 20 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 21 Argentina October 2016
- 22 Another Amazing Trip to Patagonia
- 23 Looking for quiet 1-bedroom apartment in Santiago
- 24 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?
- 25 Changing money in Chile