I've posted on this topic before, but have a few different questions this time around.
1) For some reason, it is cheaper to buy a round trip ticket (searching via Kayak.com) from Rio to Cuzco than it is to buy a 1 way ticket. It also is a much more direct flight since it will go from Rio -> Lima instead of Rio -> Sao Paulo -> Lima. It is $792 per ticket for a one way but I can find it for $700 if I change it to roundtrip (we are looking to leave November 2nd and I am just choosing a random day a few days after that for the return flight). Does anyone know of any reason why we couldn't just book the roundtrip ticket with no intention of ever using the return ticket? Is there any Visa implications by doing this or any reason we SHOULDN'T book a roundtrip ticket since it's cheaper and a more efficient route?
2) The cheapest flight is always coming up as Taca Intl Air. Does anyone know a thing about this airline?
3) Any other suggestions on a better way to book this flight? $700 seems pretty pricey too so if you have any ideas on how to get it cheaper that would be great!
Thanks as always!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Travel Agency in Peru - Deborah Ferrari
- 2 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 3 My Lima Layover
- 4 Has anyone taken the 3:30am Cruz del Sur bus out of Lima?
- 5 Senior Travelers to Galapagos
- 6 Yohan, Why Not Suriname
- 7 Ten Days in Chile - TdP and Atacama
- 8 Booking Galapagos accommodation upon arrival in the high season
- 9 Drawing money at ATMs in Brazil
- 10 Best Galapagos cruise itinerary when combining with land trips
- 11 Train to Aguas Calientes
- 12 help with a trip to south america
- 13 Restaurant ideas in Lima for my birthday
- 14 Mistura - anyone been?
- 15 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 16 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 17 Jungle Lodge Brazil
- 18 Tickets to enter Machu Picchu
- 19 Ups and downs of our trip to Peru--from Machu Picchu to LIM airport floor
- 20 Other cities to visit in Brazil other than RIO
- 21 Trip to the Amazon!
- 22 3 nights in Arequipa: music, baby alpaca, restaurant suggestions?
- 23 Peruvian Independence Day
- 24 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!
- 25 Globo hours to change money