I've posted on this topic before, but have a few different questions this time around.
1) For some reason, it is cheaper to buy a round trip ticket (searching via Kayak.com) from Rio to Cuzco than it is to buy a 1 way ticket. It also is a much more direct flight since it will go from Rio -> Lima instead of Rio -> Sao Paulo -> Lima. It is $792 per ticket for a one way but I can find it for $700 if I change it to roundtrip (we are looking to leave November 2nd and I am just choosing a random day a few days after that for the return flight). Does anyone know of any reason why we couldn't just book the roundtrip ticket with no intention of ever using the return ticket? Is there any Visa implications by doing this or any reason we SHOULDN'T book a roundtrip ticket since it's cheaper and a more efficient route?
2) The cheapest flight is always coming up as Taca Intl Air. Does anyone know a thing about this airline?
3) Any other suggestions on a better way to book this flight? $700 seems pretty pricey too so if you have any ideas on how to get it cheaper that would be great!
Thanks as always!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Exploring the cities of Ecuador's Andes
- 2 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 3 Choquequirao Questions
- 4 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 5 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 6 MARCHU PICCHU
- 7 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 8 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 9 One week in Cartagena?
- 10 What type of currency for Bolivia
- 11 Cordoba horseback riding day trip
- 12 Thoughts on our itinerary?
- 13 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 14 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 15 Ecuador Pure Life (tour operator) - very negative experience
- 16 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 17 Another Brazil Visa Application Form question!
- 18 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 19 Iquitos Peru and rain forest
- 20 Help w 2nd Guessing Peru itinerary
- 21 Senior Citizens traveling to Machu Picchu
- 22 2 week Peru trip itinerary - Appreciate feedback
- 23 Rainbow mountain trek
- 24 Advice about Inti Raymi in Ecuador this year
- 25 salkantay trek