I've posted on this topic before, but have a few different questions this time around.
1) For some reason, it is cheaper to buy a round trip ticket (searching via Kayak.com) from Rio to Cuzco than it is to buy a 1 way ticket. It also is a much more direct flight since it will go from Rio -> Lima instead of Rio -> Sao Paulo -> Lima. It is $792 per ticket for a one way but I can find it for $700 if I change it to roundtrip (we are looking to leave November 2nd and I am just choosing a random day a few days after that for the return flight). Does anyone know of any reason why we couldn't just book the roundtrip ticket with no intention of ever using the return ticket? Is there any Visa implications by doing this or any reason we SHOULDN'T book a roundtrip ticket since it's cheaper and a more efficient route?
2) The cheapest flight is always coming up as Taca Intl Air. Does anyone know a thing about this airline?
3) Any other suggestions on a better way to book this flight? $700 seems pretty pricey too so if you have any ideas on how to get it cheaper that would be great!
Thanks as always!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 2 Route of the Seven Lakes drive
- 3 Colombia, best adventures for birthday.
- 4 Mom wants to go to cusco/macchu picchu in 5 days - impossible?
- 5 Bariloche and San Martin de los Andes
- 6 Bariloche rafting trips
- 7 Argentina &TDP-8th-18th April.
- 8 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 9 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 10 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 11 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 12 Safety warning?
- 13 Iguazu falls logistics
- 14 Packing for Chile in November
- 15 Lima stopover
- 16 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 17 Amazon side trip
- 18 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 19 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 20 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 21 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 22 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 23 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 24 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 25 Santiago - where to stay?