I've posted on this topic before, but have a few different questions this time around.
1) For some reason, it is cheaper to buy a round trip ticket (searching via Kayak.com) from Rio to Cuzco than it is to buy a 1 way ticket. It also is a much more direct flight since it will go from Rio -> Lima instead of Rio -> Sao Paulo -> Lima. It is $792 per ticket for a one way but I can find it for $700 if I change it to roundtrip (we are looking to leave November 2nd and I am just choosing a random day a few days after that for the return flight). Does anyone know of any reason why we couldn't just book the roundtrip ticket with no intention of ever using the return ticket? Is there any Visa implications by doing this or any reason we SHOULDN'T book a roundtrip ticket since it's cheaper and a more efficient route?
2) The cheapest flight is always coming up as Taca Intl Air. Does anyone know a thing about this airline?
3) Any other suggestions on a better way to book this flight? $700 seems pretty pricey too so if you have any ideas on how to get it cheaper that would be great!
Thanks as always!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 2 Exciting Times in Colombia
- 3 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 4 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 5 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 6 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 7 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 8 Sixty days in Colombia
- 9 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 10 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 11 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 12 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 13 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 14 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 15 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 16 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 17 Booking sites - HELP! Don't want to be scammed
- 18 summer olympics in Rio
- 19 2 Weeks in Rio in Nov End
- 20 Trip ideas for 2 weeks in South America??
- 21 Tahuayo Lodge, Amazon
- 22 Most Efficient Travel from Peru to Chile?
- 23 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 24 Ecuador -Rental Car, Clothing and Cotopaxi
- 25 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days