My partner and I and our nearly-3-year-old son are staying at Hotel das Cataratas just on the Brazilian side for 5 days at the end of March. My partner loves fishing and it is his birthday while we are there. I wanted to organise some fishing - for a day or half day - but can't find much information on it. Perhaps because it's not the place for it! There is a company - Macuco Safaris - that offers fishing on the Itaipu Lake or Parana River. I've heard negative reviews on the Itaipu Lake experience (in terms of fishing) - in that you are very unlikely to see any fish let alone catch anything, although they build the hype around the peacock bass. Reviewers also imply the guides know nothing about fishing - this is more of an 'add on' to their other tours. So not really what I'm looking for. I've seen nothing on the Parana River in terms of fishing.
If anyone can offer any guidance on this - even if it's to say, don't bother! - that would be great as I really don't know what to do.
Additional info that might help - my partner is amateur and would need an expert guide. Also, we are staying in Buenos Aires for 5 days also but limited for time to do day trip...
Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Visit Website===>> http://phytolyft.com/gieovie-cream/
- 2 Cusco area and Machu Picchu guide
- 3 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 4 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 5 Argentina with a touch of Chile and some help needed
- 6 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 7 Avianca business class
- 8 Planning Argentina Trip
- 9 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 10 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 11 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 12 Feria de las flores
- 13 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 14 Brazilian Visa Documents - Help!
- 15 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 16 comments
- 17 Cusco to La Paz Priorities: Puno VS Copacabana VS La Paz VS Coroico
- 18 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 19 Huacachina, Peru
- 20 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 21 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 22 Pantanal Lodges
- 23 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 24 Manaus
- 25 Renting a car in Patagonia