My partner and I and our nearly-3-year-old son are staying at Hotel das Cataratas just on the Brazilian side for 5 days at the end of March. My partner loves fishing and it is his birthday while we are there. I wanted to organise some fishing - for a day or half day - but can't find much information on it. Perhaps because it's not the place for it! There is a company - Macuco Safaris - that offers fishing on the Itaipu Lake or Parana River. I've heard negative reviews on the Itaipu Lake experience (in terms of fishing) - in that you are very unlikely to see any fish let alone catch anything, although they build the hype around the peacock bass. Reviewers also imply the guides know nothing about fishing - this is more of an 'add on' to their other tours. So not really what I'm looking for. I've seen nothing on the Parana River in terms of fishing.
If anyone can offer any guidance on this - even if it's to say, don't bother! - that would be great as I really don't know what to do.
Additional info that might help - my partner is amateur and would need an expert guide. Also, we are staying in Buenos Aires for 5 days also but limited for time to do day trip...
Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Where to start in May?
- 2 Narrowing Down Itinerary
- 3 Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail
- 4 Tell me soething about South America travel tips?
- 5 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 6 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 7 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
- 8 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!
- 9 Cartagens for 3.5 days. Looking for suggestions-islands, food tours, etc..
- 10 Need day trip/guide suggestions from Puerto Ayora, Galapagos
- 11 Peru Final 15-day Itinerary Help Needed
- 12 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 13 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?
- 14 Peru - Puno & Lakes or Amazon
- 15 Did You Visit the Lakes District and/or Chiloe?
- 16 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 17 Argentina and Bolivia/March and April
- 18 Belated trip report (Quito and Mindo)
- 19 Machu Picchu...Doable?
- 20 Valparaiso to Santiago Airport - How Much Time to Allow?
- 21 Nazcaflights.com - Jon Green - Any good?
- 22 Santiago & Valparaiso - Attire Questions
- 23 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 24 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 25 Argentina October 2016