My partner and I and our nearly-3-year-old son are staying at Hotel das Cataratas just on the Brazilian side for 5 days at the end of March. My partner loves fishing and it is his birthday while we are there. I wanted to organise some fishing - for a day or half day - but can't find much information on it. Perhaps because it's not the place for it! There is a company - Macuco Safaris - that offers fishing on the Itaipu Lake or Parana River. I've heard negative reviews on the Itaipu Lake experience (in terms of fishing) - in that you are very unlikely to see any fish let alone catch anything, although they build the hype around the peacock bass. Reviewers also imply the guides know nothing about fishing - this is more of an 'add on' to their other tours. So not really what I'm looking for. I've seen nothing on the Parana River in terms of fishing.
If anyone can offer any guidance on this - even if it's to say, don't bother! - that would be great as I really don't know what to do.
Additional info that might help - my partner is amateur and would need an expert guide. Also, we are staying in Buenos Aires for 5 days also but limited for time to do day trip...
Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://testoupmaxfacts.com/vmax-male-enhancement-reviews/neurocyclin/
- 2 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 3 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 4 Iguazu Falls-"Best" Way to Reach/See
- 5 Help us plan our dream SA trip!
- 6 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 7 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 8 Waterfalls near Puyo, Tena, and Baeza in Ecuador
- 9 Best Trek in Peru? (Huayhuash Circuit vs Inca Trail)
- 10 Bariloche car rental
- 11 Trip Report: Studying Spanish in Quito and Cuenca 2007
- 12 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 13 Machu Picchu in January
- 14 Dining in Medellin
- 15 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 16 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 17 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 18 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 19 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 20 santiago chile area
- 21 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 22 Reflections on our South America trip
- 23 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 24 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 25 Chile: first cut a travel plan