My partner and I and our nearly-3-year-old son are staying at Hotel das Cataratas just on the Brazilian side for 5 days at the end of March. My partner loves fishing and it is his birthday while we are there. I wanted to organise some fishing - for a day or half day - but can't find much information on it. Perhaps because it's not the place for it! There is a company - Macuco Safaris - that offers fishing on the Itaipu Lake or Parana River. I've heard negative reviews on the Itaipu Lake experience (in terms of fishing) - in that you are very unlikely to see any fish let alone catch anything, although they build the hype around the peacock bass. Reviewers also imply the guides know nothing about fishing - this is more of an 'add on' to their other tours. So not really what I'm looking for. I've seen nothing on the Parana River in terms of fishing.
If anyone can offer any guidance on this - even if it's to say, don't bother! - that would be great as I really don't know what to do.
Additional info that might help - my partner is amateur and would need an expert guide. Also, we are staying in Buenos Aires for 5 days also but limited for time to do day trip...
Thank you very much!
Fishing near Iguazu Falls?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 JW Marriott Lima
- 2 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 3 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 4 Trip Report - Very Long
- 5 Quito recommendations
- 6 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 7 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 8 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 9 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 10 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 11 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 12 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 13 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 14 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 15 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 16 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 17 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 18 Ecuador-tour guides
- 19 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 20 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 21 lima airport transport
- 22 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 23 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 24 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 25 Argentina currency