My partner and I and our nearly-3-year-old son are staying at Hotel das Cataratas just on the Brazilian side for 5 days at the end of March. My partner loves fishing and it is his birthday while we are there. I wanted to organise some fishing - for a day or half day - but can't find much information on it. Perhaps because it's not the place for it! There is a company - Macuco Safaris - that offers fishing on the Itaipu Lake or Parana River. I've heard negative reviews on the Itaipu Lake experience (in terms of fishing) - in that you are very unlikely to see any fish let alone catch anything, although they build the hype around the peacock bass. Reviewers also imply the guides know nothing about fishing - this is more of an 'add on' to their other tours. So not really what I'm looking for. I've seen nothing on the Parana River in terms of fishing.
If anyone can offer any guidance on this - even if it's to say, don't bother! - that would be great as I really don't know what to do.
Additional info that might help - my partner is amateur and would need an expert guide. Also, we are staying in Buenos Aires for 5 days also but limited for time to do day trip...
Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 cruises now coming/going from San Antonio instead of Valparaiso
- 2 Looking for an apartment in bogota
- 3 Need travel buddy for Buenos Aires from Sept 29 to Oct 29
- 4 Palermo-Soho Hotel in Buenos Aires?
- 5 Please help with Peru itinerary
- 6 Puzzled by altitude sickness
- 7 Brazil
- 8 Visa for Brazil/canadian applying/Help!!!!
- 9 Best way to get from airport in Santiago to Ibis hotel in Valparaiso
- 10 Peru Trip for the Family
- 11 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 12 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 13 Patagonia itinerary advice
- 14 1.5 days in Rio
- 15 If it's Tuesday, it must be Patagonia...need itinerary help
- 16 Galapagos tours
- 17 Authentic Peruvian Community
- 18 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 19 Patagonia Hike/Travel/Explore
- 20 2 weeks trip
- 21 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 22 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 23 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 24 Where to stay in Bariloche
- 25 WEBJET