I am planning my first trip to South America for my wife and I. We are planning to go in September or October for 2 or 3 weeks. We are around 60 years old and enjoy many different kinds of trips ranging from site seeing cities/towns to more active trips that include hiking and bicycling. I have been doing my research and I am trying to decide between going to Argentina or Peru - both sound very appealing for different reasons.
In your opinion do I have time to do both Argentina and Peru in 3 weeks? If no, would you go to Argentina or Peru and why?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Bariloche rafting trips
- 2 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 3 Safety warning?
- 4 Four Days in Buenos Aires
- 5 Colombia, best adventures for birthday.
- 6 Route of the Seven Lakes drive
- 7 Mom wants to go to cusco/macchu picchu in 5 days - impossible?
- 8 Bariloche and San Martin de los Andes
- 9 Argentina &TDP-8th-18th April.
- 10 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 11 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 12 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 13 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 14 Iguazu falls logistics
- 15 Packing for Chile in November
- 16 Lima stopover
- 17 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 18 Amazon side trip
- 19 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 20 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 21 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 22 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 23 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 24 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 25 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
First trip to South America - Need opinions/advice on where to go