I am planning my first trip to South America for my wife and I. We are planning to go in September or October for 2 or 3 weeks. We are around 60 years old and enjoy many different kinds of trips ranging from site seeing cities/towns to more active trips that include hiking and bicycling. I have been doing my research and I am trying to decide between going to Argentina or Peru - both sound very appealing for different reasons.
In your opinion do I have time to do both Argentina and Peru in 3 weeks? If no, would you go to Argentina or Peru and why?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cusco to La Paz Priorities: Puno VS Copacabana VS La Paz VS Coroico
- 2 Brazilian Visa Documents - Help!
- 3 Huacachina, Peru
- 4 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 5 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 6 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 7 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 8 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 9 Pantanal Lodges
- 10 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 11 Manaus
- 12 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 13 Renting a car in Patagonia
- 14 Avianca business class
- 15 Suenos Aires, Argentina vs Lisbon, Portugal
- 16 No exit stamp from Brazil, no entry stamp in Paraguay, help!!
- 17 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 18 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 19 Can a Europhile Find Happiness in Argentina and Chile?
- 20 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 21 How many days in Medellin area?
- 22 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 23 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 24 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 25 Peru Trip for the Family
First trip to South America - Need opinions/advice on where to go