My husband and I have never traveled to South America, but want to try something different. We were wondering if we could get some help deciding where to travel in Argentina. The dates we are able to travel is Dec 27th-Jan 4th due to our schedules. We will be traveling from Newark NJ and would prefer not having to hop on another flight in Argentina and would rather take a train if we see multiple cities.
Most of our traveling has been to Caribbean islands and a few cities in Europe. We fell in love with Italy and all it has to offer. We are looking for a resort (4 or 5 star) with a spa. We love to sightsee, but would prefer not walking inside museums all day. We love food, wine, strolling the streets, people watching, outdoor cafes. We love the history that Europe has to offer. We would probably like to split up days filled with sightseeing, some down time for just getting lost and shopping, a relaxing day with wine and food. We do not want to feel rushed on this trip.
I am hoping you all can help with some suggestions for an itinerary and/or cities to visit. Would it be better to just stay put in Buenos Aires for the entire time? Are there any cities close by train that are worth a few days?
First trip to Argentina for 7 days: Please Help with Itinerary!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 2 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 3 adventure tour on the Amazon
- 4 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 5 Ten days in Ecuador
- 6 amazon jungle trips
- 7 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 8 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 9 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 10 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 11 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 12 Dollars, sols or credit cards in Peru?
- 13 NW of Argentina
- 14 Peru versus Bolivia
- 15 Need advise for Argentina and surrounding areas in May??
- 16 Enchanting-South America-tour companies
- 17 altitude sickness (Bolivia vs. Peru)
- 18 Need help in where to stay in Mendoza in December
- 19 Using Internet for Finances in South America
- 20 Flight to El Calafate for one day
- 21 Peru in December
- 22 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 23 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 24 NYT Article on Cartagena
- 25 Can the Bolivia experts please check this itinerary?