My husband and I have never traveled to South America, but want to try something different. We were wondering if we could get some help deciding where to travel in Argentina. The dates we are able to travel is Dec 27th-Jan 4th due to our schedules. We will be traveling from Newark NJ and would prefer not having to hop on another flight in Argentina and would rather take a train if we see multiple cities.
Most of our traveling has been to Caribbean islands and a few cities in Europe. We fell in love with Italy and all it has to offer. We are looking for a resort (4 or 5 star) with a spa. We love to sightsee, but would prefer not walking inside museums all day. We love food, wine, strolling the streets, people watching, outdoor cafes. We love the history that Europe has to offer. We would probably like to split up days filled with sightseeing, some down time for just getting lost and shopping, a relaxing day with wine and food. We do not want to feel rushed on this trip.
I am hoping you all can help with some suggestions for an itinerary and/or cities to visit. Would it be better to just stay put in Buenos Aires for the entire time? Are there any cities close by train that are worth a few days?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 2 Galapagos Add Ons
- 3 First Time In South America Itinerary
- 4 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 5 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 6 Trip Report Ecuador
- 7 Chile, Ecuadoror Columbia
- 8 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 9 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 10 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 11 Day trips from Montevideo
- 12 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 13 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 14 Driving tips and suggestions for Torres del Paine
- 15 Help with 3 Week Itinerary
- 16 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice
- 17 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 18 Ecuador, Places to shop
- 19 Only one day in Quito recommendations.
- 20 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 21 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 22 Booking the Grey Glacier Boat Tour
- 23 Volunteering in South America, maybe Peru?
- 24 Atacama and ????
- 25 Departure Tax leaving Colombia
First trip to Argentina for 7 days: Please Help with Itinerary!