My husband and I have never traveled to South America, but want to try something different. We were wondering if we could get some help deciding where to travel in Argentina. The dates we are able to travel is Dec 27th-Jan 4th due to our schedules. We will be traveling from Newark NJ and would prefer not having to hop on another flight in Argentina and would rather take a train if we see multiple cities.
Most of our traveling has been to Caribbean islands and a few cities in Europe. We fell in love with Italy and all it has to offer. We are looking for a resort (4 or 5 star) with a spa. We love to sightsee, but would prefer not walking inside museums all day. We love food, wine, strolling the streets, people watching, outdoor cafes. We love the history that Europe has to offer. We would probably like to split up days filled with sightseeing, some down time for just getting lost and shopping, a relaxing day with wine and food. We do not want to feel rushed on this trip.
I am hoping you all can help with some suggestions for an itinerary and/or cities to visit. Would it be better to just stay put in Buenos Aires for the entire time? Are there any cities close by train that are worth a few days?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Bariloche rafting trips
- 2 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 3 Safety warning?
- 4 Four Days in Buenos Aires
- 5 Colombia, best adventures for birthday.
- 6 Route of the Seven Lakes drive
- 7 Mom wants to go to cusco/macchu picchu in 5 days - impossible?
- 8 Bariloche and San Martin de los Andes
- 9 Argentina &TDP-8th-18th April.
- 10 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 11 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 12 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 13 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 14 Iguazu falls logistics
- 15 Packing for Chile in November
- 16 Lima stopover
- 17 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 18 Amazon side trip
- 19 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 20 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 21 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 22 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 23 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 24 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 25 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
First trip to Argentina for 7 days: Please Help with Itinerary!