My husband and I have never traveled to South America, but want to try something different. We were wondering if we could get some help deciding where to travel in Argentina. The dates we are able to travel is Dec 27th-Jan 4th due to our schedules. We will be traveling from Newark NJ and would prefer not having to hop on another flight in Argentina and would rather take a train if we see multiple cities.
Most of our traveling has been to Caribbean islands and a few cities in Europe. We fell in love with Italy and all it has to offer. We are looking for a resort (4 or 5 star) with a spa. We love to sightsee, but would prefer not walking inside museums all day. We love food, wine, strolling the streets, people watching, outdoor cafes. We love the history that Europe has to offer. We would probably like to split up days filled with sightseeing, some down time for just getting lost and shopping, a relaxing day with wine and food. We do not want to feel rushed on this trip.
I am hoping you all can help with some suggestions for an itinerary and/or cities to visit. Would it be better to just stay put in Buenos Aires for the entire time? Are there any cities close by train that are worth a few days?
First trip to Argentina for 7 days: Please Help with Itinerary!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 2 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 3 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 4 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 5 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 6 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 7 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 8 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 9 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 10 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 11 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 12 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 13 Private sightseeing
- 14 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 15 Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York
- 16 Honeymoon 9 Days in South America
- 17 argentina & brazil
- 18 Argentina-country's financial woes impact a trip?
- 19 private sightseeing
- 20 private tour options
- 21 Currency Woes
- 22 Trek/Tour companies recommendations
- 23 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 24 Argentina Holiday Help
- 25 Santos Simon Joalheiros BEWARE JEWELRY FRAUD SCAM