My husband and I have never traveled to South America, but want to try something different. We were wondering if we could get some help deciding where to travel in Argentina. The dates we are able to travel is Dec 27th-Jan 4th due to our schedules. We will be traveling from Newark NJ and would prefer not having to hop on another flight in Argentina and would rather take a train if we see multiple cities.
Most of our traveling has been to Caribbean islands and a few cities in Europe. We fell in love with Italy and all it has to offer. We are looking for a resort (4 or 5 star) with a spa. We love to sightsee, but would prefer not walking inside museums all day. We love food, wine, strolling the streets, people watching, outdoor cafes. We love the history that Europe has to offer. We would probably like to split up days filled with sightseeing, some down time for just getting lost and shopping, a relaxing day with wine and food. We do not want to feel rushed on this trip.
I am hoping you all can help with some suggestions for an itinerary and/or cities to visit. Would it be better to just stay put in Buenos Aires for the entire time? Are there any cities close by train that are worth a few days?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Patagonia, travel buddies
- 2 Peru---vaccines and tips
- 3 Santiago/Valpo and Machu Pichu in 8 nights?
- 4 Visiting Buenos Aires
- 5 Devil's Nose Train and Riobamba
- 6 Argentia/Brazil or CapeTown/Seychelles Nov-Dec 2015
- 7 Travel Report For Brazil
- 8 3 weeks to travel
- 9 Living in rural South America
- 10 Bolivia and Peru in 5 weeks
- 11 Video Report: Argentina, Patagonia Part 1
- 12 Final dinner tonight
- 13 Bolivianischen and Peru in 5 weeks
- 14 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 15 BA & Patagonia - 9 days in November
- 16 First Time in Argentina and Brazil - Buenos Aires and Rio questions
- 17 Visiting Medellin
- 18 Galapagos: Land based visit + short cruise - opinions appreciated!
- 19 Walking sticks for Machu Picchu?
- 20 brazil beach vacation.... or will get mugged?
- 21 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 22 CasaCor Peru October 2015
- 23 Chile in February and March
- 24 5/6 Hour Layover in Santiago - Advice Please
- 25 Rio and Iguacu
First trip to Argentina for 7 days: Please Help with Itinerary!