My husband and I have never traveled to South America, but want to try something different. We were wondering if we could get some help deciding where to travel in Argentina. The dates we are able to travel is Dec 27th-Jan 4th due to our schedules. We will be traveling from Newark NJ and would prefer not having to hop on another flight in Argentina and would rather take a train if we see multiple cities.
Most of our traveling has been to Caribbean islands and a few cities in Europe. We fell in love with Italy and all it has to offer. We are looking for a resort (4 or 5 star) with a spa. We love to sightsee, but would prefer not walking inside museums all day. We love food, wine, strolling the streets, people watching, outdoor cafes. We love the history that Europe has to offer. We would probably like to split up days filled with sightseeing, some down time for just getting lost and shopping, a relaxing day with wine and food. We do not want to feel rushed on this trip.
I am hoping you all can help with some suggestions for an itinerary and/or cities to visit. Would it be better to just stay put in Buenos Aires for the entire time? Are there any cities close by train that are worth a few days?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Machu Picchu
- 2 Purchasing 2016 Machu Picchu Tickets
- 3 Machu Picchu in January
- 4 Dangers of crossing Darien Gap
- 5 Other cities to visit in Brazil other than RIO
- 6 Drawing money at ATMs in Brazil
- 7 Cusco Airport to Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza hotel
- 8 Accessibility to Igassu Falls
- 9 Rio Water Quality
- 10 Brazil Tourist Safety tip request
- 11 Galapagos with/Natural Habitat Adventures?
- 12 I Didn't Get Killed in Rio: Our Travels in Peru, Brazil, and Ecuador
- 13 Two day stay in Lima
- 14 Best beach town for Jan- Feb trip
- 15 Cities near santiago chile?
- 16 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 17 Leftover Argentine Pesos - where to sell?
- 18 Van from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- 19 June travel in the Galapagos, Andean Ecuador, and Machu Picchu
- 20 Uyuni Salar Tour Company
- 21 Trip Evacuation Insurance for the Galapagos
- 22 Travelers insurance in Patagonia - need it?
- 23 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 24 60 day Trip to South America
- 25 3 week itinerary for Peru
First trip to Argentina for 7 days: Please Help with Itinerary!