My husband and I have never traveled to South America, but want to try something different. We were wondering if we could get some help deciding where to travel in Argentina. The dates we are able to travel is Dec 27th-Jan 4th due to our schedules. We will be traveling from Newark NJ and would prefer not having to hop on another flight in Argentina and would rather take a train if we see multiple cities.
Most of our traveling has been to Caribbean islands and a few cities in Europe. We fell in love with Italy and all it has to offer. We are looking for a resort (4 or 5 star) with a spa. We love to sightsee, but would prefer not walking inside museums all day. We love food, wine, strolling the streets, people watching, outdoor cafes. We love the history that Europe has to offer. We would probably like to split up days filled with sightseeing, some down time for just getting lost and shopping, a relaxing day with wine and food. We do not want to feel rushed on this trip.
I am hoping you all can help with some suggestions for an itinerary and/or cities to visit. Would it be better to just stay put in Buenos Aires for the entire time? Are there any cities close by train that are worth a few days?
First trip to Argentina for 7 days: Please Help with Itinerary!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 2 Bogota
- 3 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 4 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 5 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 6 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 7 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 8 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 9 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 10 4 weeks in Chile
- 11 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 12 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 13 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 14 Para Ti, Brazil
- 15 Advice needed for Colombia
- 16 Chile and Argentina
- 17 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 18 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 19 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 20 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 21 El valle de Elquí
- 22 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 23 Columbia Questions
- 24 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 25 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?