My husband and I have never traveled to South America, but want to try something different. We were wondering if we could get some help deciding where to travel in Argentina. The dates we are able to travel is Dec 27th-Jan 4th due to our schedules. We will be traveling from Newark NJ and would prefer not having to hop on another flight in Argentina and would rather take a train if we see multiple cities.
Most of our traveling has been to Caribbean islands and a few cities in Europe. We fell in love with Italy and all it has to offer. We are looking for a resort (4 or 5 star) with a spa. We love to sightsee, but would prefer not walking inside museums all day. We love food, wine, strolling the streets, people watching, outdoor cafes. We love the history that Europe has to offer. We would probably like to split up days filled with sightseeing, some down time for just getting lost and shopping, a relaxing day with wine and food. We do not want to feel rushed on this trip.
I am hoping you all can help with some suggestions for an itinerary and/or cities to visit. Would it be better to just stay put in Buenos Aires for the entire time? Are there any cities close by train that are worth a few days?
First trip to Argentina for 7 days: Please Help with Itinerary!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 2 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 3 Lima to Foz
- 4 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 5 SA for the first time. solo,female
- 6 Language study in Brazil
- 7 A few specific questions about activities in Argentina with kids
- 8 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 9 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 10 Car rental in Patagonia
- 11 Itinerary Feedback
- 12 Chile Private Tour
- 13 Columbia Questions
- 14 Chile reciprocity fee - Canadian citizens
- 15 Argentina Holiday Help
- 16 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 17 driving up the coast from rio de janeiro to salvador
- 18 Chile - IVA Tax
- 19 Christmas present to Cusco?
- 20 Trip Report
- 21 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 22 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 23 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 24 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 25 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina