My husband and I have never traveled to South America, but want to try something different. We were wondering if we could get some help deciding where to travel in Argentina. The dates we are able to travel is Dec 27th-Jan 4th due to our schedules. We will be traveling from Newark NJ and would prefer not having to hop on another flight in Argentina and would rather take a train if we see multiple cities.
Most of our traveling has been to Caribbean islands and a few cities in Europe. We fell in love with Italy and all it has to offer. We are looking for a resort (4 or 5 star) with a spa. We love to sightsee, but would prefer not walking inside museums all day. We love food, wine, strolling the streets, people watching, outdoor cafes. We love the history that Europe has to offer. We would probably like to split up days filled with sightseeing, some down time for just getting lost and shopping, a relaxing day with wine and food. We do not want to feel rushed on this trip.
I am hoping you all can help with some suggestions for an itinerary and/or cities to visit. Would it be better to just stay put in Buenos Aires for the entire time? Are there any cities close by train that are worth a few days?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina, Uruguay & Chile
- 2 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 3 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 4 Argentina
- 5 Tucantravel company.
- 6 Trelew to Peninsula Valdes
- 7 Help Planning Atacama for Next Week!
- 8 Amy Peru and Chile! (A possibly over enthusiastic trip report)
- 9 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 10 Bolivia & Argentina itinerary help
- 11 6 Weeks - Argentina and/or Peru/Colombia? too much in this time?
- 12 Ship travel to South America
- 13 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 14 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 15 Need some help with ideas for Argentina and Chile in 2017 please!
- 16 Solo travellers in Chile
- 17 Living in rural South America
- 18 Where to eat in Quito and Cuzco?
- 19 Manufacturer of alpaca clothes!
- 20 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 21 galapagos island
- 22 Huayna Picchu ticket
- 23 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 24 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 25 Is Buenos Aires cold in September
First trip to Argentina for 7 days: Please Help with Itinerary!