My husband and I have never traveled to South America, but want to try something different. We were wondering if we could get some help deciding where to travel in Argentina. The dates we are able to travel is Dec 27th-Jan 4th due to our schedules. We will be traveling from Newark NJ and would prefer not having to hop on another flight in Argentina and would rather take a train if we see multiple cities.
Most of our traveling has been to Caribbean islands and a few cities in Europe. We fell in love with Italy and all it has to offer. We are looking for a resort (4 or 5 star) with a spa. We love to sightsee, but would prefer not walking inside museums all day. We love food, wine, strolling the streets, people watching, outdoor cafes. We love the history that Europe has to offer. We would probably like to split up days filled with sightseeing, some down time for just getting lost and shopping, a relaxing day with wine and food. We do not want to feel rushed on this trip.
I am hoping you all can help with some suggestions for an itinerary and/or cities to visit. Would it be better to just stay put in Buenos Aires for the entire time? Are there any cities close by train that are worth a few days?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 2 Download Quick Heal Total Security Videos With Qttube
- 3 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 4 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 5 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 6 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 7 Rainbow mountain trek
- 8 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 9 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 10 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 11 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 12 Iquitos
- 13 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 14 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 15 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 16 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 17 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 18 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio
- 19 Bariloche car rental
- 20 Guide recommendation Cusco Sacred Valley Machu Picchu
- 21 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
- 22 All inclusive hotels near San Pedro de Atacama?
- 23 Is the Seno Otway Penguin Reserve Currently Open?
- 24 Any Sights en Route from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales to TdP?
- 25 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!
First trip to Argentina for 7 days: Please Help with Itinerary!