My husband and I have never traveled to South America, but want to try something different. We were wondering if we could get some help deciding where to travel in Argentina. The dates we are able to travel is Dec 27th-Jan 4th due to our schedules. We will be traveling from Newark NJ and would prefer not having to hop on another flight in Argentina and would rather take a train if we see multiple cities.
Most of our traveling has been to Caribbean islands and a few cities in Europe. We fell in love with Italy and all it has to offer. We are looking for a resort (4 or 5 star) with a spa. We love to sightsee, but would prefer not walking inside museums all day. We love food, wine, strolling the streets, people watching, outdoor cafes. We love the history that Europe has to offer. We would probably like to split up days filled with sightseeing, some down time for just getting lost and shopping, a relaxing day with wine and food. We do not want to feel rushed on this trip.
I am hoping you all can help with some suggestions for an itinerary and/or cities to visit. Would it be better to just stay put in Buenos Aires for the entire time? Are there any cities close by train that are worth a few days?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 2 Hiking Tour Companies - Machu Picchu & Chile
- 3 Wayna Picchu, Don't Miss It!
- 4 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 5 Lima-Cusco-Ollantaytambo-Machu Picchu first timers
- 6 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 7 Exploring the cities of Ecuador's Andes
- 8 Choquequirao Questions
- 9 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 10 MARCHU PICCHU
- 11 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 12 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 13 One week in Cartagena?
- 14 What type of currency for Bolivia
- 15 Cordoba horseback riding day trip
- 16 Thoughts on our itinerary?
- 17 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 18 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 19 Ecuador Pure Life (tour operator) - very negative experience
- 20 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 21 Another Brazil Visa Application Form question!
- 22 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 23 Iquitos Peru and rain forest
- 24 Help w 2nd Guessing Peru itinerary
- 25 Senior Citizens traveling to Machu Picchu
First trip to Argentina for 7 days: Please Help with Itinerary!