I have decided to go traveling with the last portion of money I have in the bank account. I have nothing holding me back from doing it now... and so I picked Peru because I was accepted to volunteer with a construction company for rebuilding earthquake destroyed zone. Just kind of throwing myself into something new.
The other parts of the trip that has made me the most timid is that I know absolutely noone yet, I have very basic Spanish, and traveling solo for extended periods of time is not really the idea of great fun to me.
Networking with other travelers - any suggestions other than talking with backpackers that you run into on the street?
Thanks for your time!
First time Peru traveller - networking
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 2 Ecuador - should we go?
- 3 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 4 Santiago 2 days
- 5 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 6 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 7 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 8 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 9 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 10 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 11 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 12 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 13 Lodge in Pantanal
- 14 Pantanal on your own
- 15 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 16 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 17 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 18 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 19 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 20 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 21 Cell phone in Brazil
- 22 10 Full Days in Peru
- 23 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 24 10 day itinerary questions
- 25 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?