I have decided to go traveling with the last portion of money I have in the bank account. I have nothing holding me back from doing it now... and so I picked Peru because I was accepted to volunteer with a construction company for rebuilding earthquake destroyed zone. Just kind of throwing myself into something new.
The other parts of the trip that has made me the most timid is that I know absolutely noone yet, I have very basic Spanish, and traveling solo for extended periods of time is not really the idea of great fun to me.
Networking with other travelers - any suggestions other than talking with backpackers that you run into on the street?
Thanks for your time!
First time Peru traveller - networking
- 1 Trip report for Bariloche
- 2 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 3 should we skip Bolivia in Febuary.
- 4 Crellston and Others
- 5 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 6 Reflections on our South America trip
- 7 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 8 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 9 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 10 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 11 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 12 8 Days in Brazil
- 13 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 14 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 15 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 16 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 17 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 18 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 19 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 20 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 21 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 22 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 23 Peru Hop?
- 24 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 25 Uruguay Re-Do