I have decided to go traveling with the last portion of money I have in the bank account. I have nothing holding me back from doing it now... and so I picked Peru because I was accepted to volunteer with a construction company for rebuilding earthquake destroyed zone. Just kind of throwing myself into something new.
The other parts of the trip that has made me the most timid is that I know absolutely noone yet, I have very basic Spanish, and traveling solo for extended periods of time is not really the idea of great fun to me.
Networking with other travelers - any suggestions other than talking with backpackers that you run into on the street?
Thanks for your time!
First time Peru traveller - networking
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 2 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 3 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 4 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 5 2 nights in Torres Del Paine - Which route and refugio?
- 6 Argentinians in Punta Del Este!!
- 7 La Paz to Santiago - route choices
- 8 Still Planning But Getting Close!
- 9 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 10 WWYD-time in Lima
- 11 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 12 Argentina Holiday Help
- 13 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 14 argentina & brazil
- 15 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 16 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 17 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 18 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 19 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 20 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 21 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 22 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 23 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 24 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 25 2 wks in Colombia