I have decided to go traveling with the last portion of money I have in the bank account. I have nothing holding me back from doing it now... and so I picked Peru because I was accepted to volunteer with a construction company for rebuilding earthquake destroyed zone. Just kind of throwing myself into something new.
The other parts of the trip that has made me the most timid is that I know absolutely noone yet, I have very basic Spanish, and traveling solo for extended periods of time is not really the idea of great fun to me.
Networking with other travelers - any suggestions other than talking with backpackers that you run into on the street?
Thanks for your time!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Valpo, Lakes, Chiloe & Patagonia Time allotment?
- 2 Another Amazing Trip to Patagonia
- 3 Trip to Amazon where to start
- 4 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 5 Flying Solo to South America
- 6 Tell me soething about South America travel tips?
- 7 South American destinations for introverts?
- 8 Narrowing Down Itinerary
- 9 Where to start in May?
- 10 Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail
- 11 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 12 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 13 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
- 14 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!
- 15 Cartagens for 3.5 days. Looking for suggestions-islands, food tours, etc..
- 16 Need day trip/guide suggestions from Puerto Ayora, Galapagos
- 17 Peru Final 15-day Itinerary Help Needed
- 18 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 19 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?
- 20 Peru - Puno & Lakes or Amazon
- 21 Did You Visit the Lakes District and/or Chiloe?
- 22 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 23 Argentina and Bolivia/March and April
- 24 Belated trip report (Quito and Mindo)
- 25 Machu Picchu...Doable?