I have decided to go traveling with the last portion of money I have in the bank account. I have nothing holding me back from doing it now... and so I picked Peru because I was accepted to volunteer with a construction company for rebuilding earthquake destroyed zone. Just kind of throwing myself into something new.
The other parts of the trip that has made me the most timid is that I know absolutely noone yet, I have very basic Spanish, and traveling solo for extended periods of time is not really the idea of great fun to me.
Networking with other travelers - any suggestions other than talking with backpackers that you run into on the street?
Thanks for your time!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Best Latin American countries!
- 2 Sao Paulo
- 3 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 4 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 5 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 6 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 7 Salud !
- 8 Peru in Late February?
- 9 christmas in buenos aires
- 10 Cartagena
- 11 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 12 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 13 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 14 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 15 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 16 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 17 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 18 Galapagos Island
- 19 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 20 Puno to Lima
- 21 Solmar Tours in Peru
- 22 opinions on itinerary flow
- 23 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 24 If it's Tuesday, this must be...Nicaragua, the Peruvian Amazon, or Colombia
- 25 Leftover Argentine Pesos - where to sell?