I have decided to go traveling with the last portion of money I have in the bank account. I have nothing holding me back from doing it now... and so I picked Peru because I was accepted to volunteer with a construction company for rebuilding earthquake destroyed zone. Just kind of throwing myself into something new.
The other parts of the trip that has made me the most timid is that I know absolutely noone yet, I have very basic Spanish, and traveling solo for extended periods of time is not really the idea of great fun to me.
Networking with other travelers - any suggestions other than talking with backpackers that you run into on the street?
Thanks for your time!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://footballvslivestream.com/montana-state-vs-idaho-live/
- 2 Peru Trip Report-Lima, Paracas, Cusco
- 3 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 4 Need Lima restaurant recs
- 5 Southern Bolivia from Northwest Argentina?
- 6 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 7 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 8 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 9 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 10 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 11 Exciting Times in Colombia
- 12 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 13 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 14 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 15 Sixty days in Colombia
- 16 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 17 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 18 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 19 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 20 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 21 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 22 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 23 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 24 Booking sites - HELP! Don't want to be scammed
- 25 summer olympics in Rio