I have decided to go traveling with the last portion of money I have in the bank account. I have nothing holding me back from doing it now... and so I picked Peru because I was accepted to volunteer with a construction company for rebuilding earthquake destroyed zone. Just kind of throwing myself into something new.
The other parts of the trip that has made me the most timid is that I know absolutely noone yet, I have very basic Spanish, and traveling solo for extended periods of time is not really the idea of great fun to me.
Networking with other travelers - any suggestions other than talking with backpackers that you run into on the street?
Thanks for your time!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 2 Lima-Cusco-Ollantaytambo-Machu Picchu first timers
- 3 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 4 Exploring the cities of Ecuador's Andes
- 5 Choquequirao Questions
- 6 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 7 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 8 MARCHU PICCHU
- 9 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 10 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 11 One week in Cartagena?
- 12 What type of currency for Bolivia
- 13 Cordoba horseback riding day trip
- 14 Thoughts on our itinerary?
- 15 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 16 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 17 Ecuador Pure Life (tour operator) - very negative experience
- 18 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 19 Another Brazil Visa Application Form question!
- 20 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 21 Iquitos Peru and rain forest
- 22 Help w 2nd Guessing Peru itinerary
- 23 Senior Citizens traveling to Machu Picchu
- 24 2 week Peru trip itinerary - Appreciate feedback
- 25 Rainbow mountain trek