I have decided to go traveling with the last portion of money I have in the bank account. I have nothing holding me back from doing it now... and so I picked Peru because I was accepted to volunteer with a construction company for rebuilding earthquake destroyed zone. Just kind of throwing myself into something new.
The other parts of the trip that has made me the most timid is that I know absolutely noone yet, I have very basic Spanish, and traveling solo for extended periods of time is not really the idea of great fun to me.
Networking with other travelers - any suggestions other than talking with backpackers that you run into on the street?
Thanks for your time!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 the Clarins skin care product selection
- 2 No exit stamp for Argentina - problem?
- 3 http://quicksupplementfact.com/intelleral-reviews/
- 4 Santiago - where to stay?
- 5 Chile Trekking options
- 6 Customs/Immigration Buenos Aires
- 7 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 8 visiting Patagonia on cruise ship vs land trip
- 9 Posting Again...any info on Macae, Brazil..100+ miles north of Rio?
- 10 Making the most of Montevideo
- 11 Peru transport questioins
- 12 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST
- 13 Packing for 2.5 months in Buenos Aires
- 14 Oasis Collection - Apartments in Buenos Aires
- 15 Insect repellent recommendations
- 16 Is Nat Geo Family Odyssey to Galapagos truly kid-friendly
- 17 Places to eat like a local
- 18 Galapagos
- 19 Sunday Brunch at Alvear Palace with Avrooster
- 20 Ecuador - Tap Water Question
- 21 Taxi Ezeiza - BEWARE!
- 22 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 23 Fifteenth
- 24 Four Days in Buenos Aires
- 25 Patagonia w/out Guide