I have decided to go traveling with the last portion of money I have in the bank account. I have nothing holding me back from doing it now... and so I picked Peru because I was accepted to volunteer with a construction company for rebuilding earthquake destroyed zone. Just kind of throwing myself into something new.
The other parts of the trip that has made me the most timid is that I know absolutely noone yet, I have very basic Spanish, and traveling solo for extended periods of time is not really the idea of great fun to me.
Networking with other travelers - any suggestions other than talking with backpackers that you run into on the street?
Thanks for your time!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 2 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 3 Patagonia - Equipment
- 4 Chile or Argentina?
- 5 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 6 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 7 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 8 Nazca Lines from Pisco or Ica Airport?
- 9 Chile cell phone and sim card advice needed
- 10 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 11 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 12 Flights to Northern Peru
- 13 Santiago neighborhood
- 14 Hotels in San Pedro de Atacama?
- 15 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 16 Backroads or Nat Geo hiking Patagonia
- 17 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 18 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 19 CasaCor Lima 2016
- 20 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 21 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 22 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 23 Steak house rec in Buenos Aires near Recoleta
- 24 Iguazu falls logistics
- 25 Still more Argentine questions