I have decided to go traveling with the last portion of money I have in the bank account. I have nothing holding me back from doing it now... and so I picked Peru because I was accepted to volunteer with a construction company for rebuilding earthquake destroyed zone. Just kind of throwing myself into something new.
The other parts of the trip that has made me the most timid is that I know absolutely noone yet, I have very basic Spanish, and traveling solo for extended periods of time is not really the idea of great fun to me.
Networking with other travelers - any suggestions other than talking with backpackers that you run into on the street?
Thanks for your time!
First time Peru traveller - networking
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 1 day in Rio
- 2 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 3 Peru itinerary in March.. Comments needed please
- 4 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 5 Currency Woes
- 6 driving to salvador
- 7 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 8 Argentina (and Chile?): basic itinerary
- 9 Just a week!
- 10 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 11 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 12 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 13 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 14 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 15 Quito trip
- 16 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 17 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 18 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 19 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 20 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 21 Solo female travelling around South America
- 22 Bariloche car rental
- 23 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 24 Galapagos Islands
- 25 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!