My friend and I are planning our first trip to Peru and would like to hear some of your ideas on how to split up our trip or if you have suggestions of other places that we shouldn't miss while we're there! We plan to be there after Christmas 12/26 to 1/4/12 flying out from NYC or DC (depending on where flights are cheaper) - so the dates aren't entirely set yet.
- Lima (2 days)
- Cusco (1 day)
- Sacred Valley (1 day)
- Machu Picchu (4 days) - with trail perhaps
Is there anywhere we're missing? If you have any tips (or warnings for getting from place to place), that will be great to know as well.
As always, thank you for your help in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Some questions on the Quilotoa Loop
- 2 BA Tango Show GO or NO
- 3 Devil's Nose Train and Riobamba
- 4 First time in Buenos Aires - a few questions for the BA experts!
- 5 Peru---vaccines and tips
- 6 summer olympics in Rio
- 7 driving in chile
- 8 First Time in Argentina and Brazil - Buenos Aires and Rio questions
- 9 Galapagos: Land based visit + short cruise - opinions appreciated!
- 10 brazil beach vacation.... or will get mugged?
- 11 Patagonia, travel buddies
- 12 Santiago/Valpo and Machu Pichu in 8 nights?
- 13 Visiting Buenos Aires
- 14 Argentia/Brazil or CapeTown/Seychelles Nov-Dec 2015
- 15 Travel Report For Brazil
- 16 3 weeks to travel
- 17 Living in rural South America
- 18 Bolivia and Peru in 5 weeks
- 19 Video Report: Argentina, Patagonia Part 1
- 20 Final dinner tonight
- 21 Bolivianischen and Peru in 5 weeks
- 22 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 23 BA & Patagonia - 9 days in November
- 24 Visiting Medellin
- 25 Walking sticks for Machu Picchu?
First Peru Trip Itinerary Ideas for 8-10 Days (12/26-1/4/12)