My friend and I are planning our first trip to Peru and would like to hear some of your ideas on how to split up our trip or if you have suggestions of other places that we shouldn't miss while we're there! We plan to be there after Christmas 12/26 to 1/4/12 flying out from NYC or DC (depending on where flights are cheaper) - so the dates aren't entirely set yet.
- Lima (2 days)
- Cusco (1 day)
- Sacred Valley (1 day)
- Machu Picchu (4 days) - with trail perhaps
Is there anywhere we're missing? If you have any tips (or warnings for getting from place to place), that will be great to know as well.
As always, thank you for your help in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 2 Cusco/Machu Picchu Trip
- 3 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 4 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 5 Huayhuash Circuit in May - good-value trekking companies
- 6 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 7 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 8 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 9 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 10 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 11 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 12 Iquitos
- 13 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 14 Rainbow mountain trek
- 15 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 16 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 17 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 18 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 19 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 20 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 21 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 22 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 23 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 24 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio
- 25 Bariloche car rental
First Peru Trip Itinerary Ideas for 8-10 Days (12/26-1/4/12)