My friend and I are planning our first trip to Peru and would like to hear some of your ideas on how to split up our trip or if you have suggestions of other places that we shouldn't miss while we're there! We plan to be there after Christmas 12/26 to 1/4/12 flying out from NYC or DC (depending on where flights are cheaper) - so the dates aren't entirely set yet.
- Lima (2 days)
- Cusco (1 day)
- Sacred Valley (1 day)
- Machu Picchu (4 days) - with trail perhaps
Is there anywhere we're missing? If you have any tips (or warnings for getting from place to place), that will be great to know as well.
As always, thank you for your help in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Get Passport Online, Drivers License, Birth Certificate,ID
- 2 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 3 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 4 Tarapoto
- 5 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 6 Transportation: Cusco Airport to Ollantaytamba train station
- 7 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia
- 8 Buenos Aires/Argentina 10+ Day, Solo Woman Traveler
- 9 Peru in December
- 10 Antarctica on the Vavilov-How to book?
- 11 Machu Picchu - any good hiking guide companies?
- 12 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 13 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 14 Need some help in getting started-first vacation to South America!
- 15 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 16 Packing for Galapagos Cruise - Lessons Learned
- 17 Campinas and Natal help
- 18 Ecuador Haciendas and Weather
- 19 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 20 Uruguay for wildlife
- 21 A month in Argentina--what would you do?
- 22 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 23 45 days in Colombia - Our Experience
- 24 Ecuador safe travel
- 25 Iguassu Falls footwear?
First Peru Trip Itinerary Ideas for 8-10 Days (12/26-1/4/12)