My friend and I are planning our first trip to Peru and would like to hear some of your ideas on how to split up our trip or if you have suggestions of other places that we shouldn't miss while we're there! We plan to be there after Christmas 12/26 to 1/4/12 flying out from NYC or DC (depending on where flights are cheaper) - so the dates aren't entirely set yet.
- Lima (2 days)
- Cusco (1 day)
- Sacred Valley (1 day)
- Machu Picchu (4 days) - with trail perhaps
Is there anywhere we're missing? If you have any tips (or warnings for getting from place to place), that will be great to know as well.
As always, thank you for your help in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 2 Four Days in Buenos Aires
- 3 Safety warning?
- 4 Colombia, best adventures for birthday.
- 5 Route of the Seven Lakes drive
- 6 Mom wants to go to cusco/macchu picchu in 5 days - impossible?
- 7 Bariloche and San Martin de los Andes
- 8 Bariloche rafting trips
- 9 Argentina &TDP-8th-18th April.
- 10 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 11 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 12 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 13 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 14 Iguazu falls logistics
- 15 Packing for Chile in November
- 16 Lima stopover
- 17 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 18 Amazon side trip
- 19 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 20 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 21 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 22 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 23 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 24 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 25 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
First Peru Trip Itinerary Ideas for 8-10 Days (12/26-1/4/12)