My friend and I are planning our first trip to Peru and would like to hear some of your ideas on how to split up our trip or if you have suggestions of other places that we shouldn't miss while we're there! We plan to be there after Christmas 12/26 to 1/4/12 flying out from NYC or DC (depending on where flights are cheaper) - so the dates aren't entirely set yet.
- Lima (2 days)
- Cusco (1 day)
- Sacred Valley (1 day)
- Machu Picchu (4 days) - with trail perhaps
Is there anywhere we're missing? If you have any tips (or warnings for getting from place to place), that will be great to know as well.
As always, thank you for your help in advance!
First Peru Trip Itinerary Ideas for 8-10 Days (12/26-1/4/12)
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Brazilian music
- 2 Christmas in Cusco
- 3 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 4 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 5 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 6 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 7 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 8 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 9 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 10 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 11 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 12 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 13 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 14 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 15 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 16 Private sightseeing
- 17 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 18 Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York
- 19 Honeymoon 9 Days in South America
- 20 argentina & brazil
- 21 Argentina-country's financial woes impact a trip?
- 22 private sightseeing
- 23 private tour options
- 24 Currency Woes
- 25 Trek/Tour companies recommendations