My friend and I are planning our first trip to Peru and would like to hear some of your ideas on how to split up our trip or if you have suggestions of other places that we shouldn't miss while we're there! We plan to be there after Christmas 12/26 to 1/4/12 flying out from NYC or DC (depending on where flights are cheaper) - so the dates aren't entirely set yet.
- Lima (2 days)
- Cusco (1 day)
- Sacred Valley (1 day)
- Machu Picchu (4 days) - with trail perhaps
Is there anywhere we're missing? If you have any tips (or warnings for getting from place to place), that will be great to know as well.
As always, thank you for your help in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Palermo-Soho Hotel in Buenos Aires?
- 2 Please help with Peru itinerary
- 3 cruises now coming/going from San Antonio instead of Valparaiso
- 4 Puzzled by altitude sickness
- 5 Brazil
- 6 Visa for Brazil/canadian applying/Help!!!!
- 7 Best way to get from airport in Santiago to Ibis hotel in Valparaiso
- 8 Peru Trip for the Family
- 9 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 10 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 11 Patagonia itinerary advice
- 12 1.5 days in Rio
- 13 If it's Tuesday, it must be Patagonia...need itinerary help
- 14 Galapagos tours
- 15 Authentic Peruvian Community
- 16 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 17 Patagonia Hike/Travel/Explore
- 18 2 weeks trip
- 19 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 20 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 21 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 22 Where to stay in Bariloche
- 23 WEBJET
- 24 Iguazu and Iguaçu
- 25 Good women's hairgresser in Santiago?
First Peru Trip Itinerary Ideas for 8-10 Days (12/26-1/4/12)