My friend and I are planning our first trip to Peru and would like to hear some of your ideas on how to split up our trip or if you have suggestions of other places that we shouldn't miss while we're there! We plan to be there after Christmas 12/26 to 1/4/12 flying out from NYC or DC (depending on where flights are cheaper) - so the dates aren't entirely set yet.
- Lima (2 days)
- Cusco (1 day)
- Sacred Valley (1 day)
- Machu Picchu (4 days) - with trail perhaps
Is there anywhere we're missing? If you have any tips (or warnings for getting from place to place), that will be great to know as well.
As always, thank you for your help in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://www.potentbodyformation.com/virilityex-reviews/
- 2 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 3 12 Day Peru Itinerary Help
- 4 Choquequirao Questions
- 5 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 6 Steak house rec in Buenos Aires near Recoleta
- 7 Taking the Bus Santiago Airport to Valpo
- 8 Shopping for sweaters - Quito or Otavalo?
- 9 MP and Torres del Paine on same trip?
- 10 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 11 Sixty days in Colombia
- 12 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 13 Cajamarca
- 14 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 15 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 16 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 17 Patagonia - Equipment
- 18 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 19 Chile or Argentina?
- 20 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 21 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 22 Nazca Lines from Pisco or Ica Airport?
- 23 Chile cell phone and sim card advice needed
- 24 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 25 Flights to Northern Peru
First Peru Trip Itinerary Ideas for 8-10 Days (12/26-1/4/12)