My friend and I are planning our first trip to Peru and would like to hear some of your ideas on how to split up our trip or if you have suggestions of other places that we shouldn't miss while we're there! We plan to be there after Christmas 12/26 to 1/4/12 flying out from NYC or DC (depending on where flights are cheaper) - so the dates aren't entirely set yet.
- Lima (2 days)
- Cusco (1 day)
- Sacred Valley (1 day)
- Machu Picchu (4 days) - with trail perhaps
Is there anywhere we're missing? If you have any tips (or warnings for getting from place to place), that will be great to know as well.
As always, thank you for your help in advance!
First Peru Trip Itinerary Ideas for 8-10 Days (12/26-1/4/12)
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 2 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 3 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 4 Quito: Old city or new?
- 5 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 6 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 7 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 8 Bogota
- 9 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 10 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 11 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 12 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 13 4 weeks in Chile
- 14 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 15 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 16 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 17 Para Ti, Brazil
- 18 Advice needed for Colombia
- 19 Chile and Argentina
- 20 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 21 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 22 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 23 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 24 El valle de Elquí
- 25 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation