My friend and I are planning our first trip to Peru and would like to hear some of your ideas on how to split up our trip or if you have suggestions of other places that we shouldn't miss while we're there! We plan to be there after Christmas 12/26 to 1/4/12 flying out from NYC or DC (depending on where flights are cheaper) - so the dates aren't entirely set yet.
- Lima (2 days)
- Cusco (1 day)
- Sacred Valley (1 day)
- Machu Picchu (4 days) - with trail perhaps
Is there anywhere we're missing? If you have any tips (or warnings for getting from place to place), that will be great to know as well.
As always, thank you for your help in advance!
First Peru Trip Itinerary Ideas for 8-10 Days (12/26-1/4/12)
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 2 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 3 Volcano erupts in Chile near Puerto Varas and Puerto Montt
- 4 URGENT! Call your airline!
- 5 Columbia Local Beer
- 6 Solo backpacking in Argentina and Chile
- 7 El Calafate/Torres del Paine 7 day Itinerary Help
- 8 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 9 10 days in Argentina
- 10 february/march- where to go?
- 11 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 12 Peruvian Amazon
- 13 driving to salvador
- 14 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 15 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 16 Peru, help cutting costs
- 17 cartagena , columbia
- 18 Peru Itinerary Help
- 19 One spare day in our itinerary - where should it go?
- 20 10 days backpacking in Peru
- 21 Antofogasta or Calama ? And which month ?
- 22 Birding in Mindo
- 23 Iguazu accomodation
- 24 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 25 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April