My friend and I are planning our first trip to Peru and would like to hear some of your ideas on how to split up our trip or if you have suggestions of other places that we shouldn't miss while we're there! We plan to be there after Christmas 12/26 to 1/4/12 flying out from NYC or DC (depending on where flights are cheaper) - so the dates aren't entirely set yet.
- Lima (2 days)
- Cusco (1 day)
- Sacred Valley (1 day)
- Machu Picchu (4 days) - with trail perhaps
Is there anywhere we're missing? If you have any tips (or warnings for getting from place to place), that will be great to know as well.
As always, thank you for your help in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 2 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 3 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 4 Buenos Aires hotel for 2 nights
- 5 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 6 Brazil. Reading lists
- 7 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 8 Any suggestions for tour companies for Inca Trail Trek to MP?
- 9 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 10 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 11 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 12 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 13 Cajamarca
- 14 Choquequirao Questions
- 15 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 16 Amazon and the Inca Trail
- 17 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 18 South America 2 Months Itinery
- 19 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 20 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 21 5 day Galapagos cruise in Nov
- 22 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 23 Sixty days in Colombia
- 24 Machu Picchu - NatGeo vs. OAT
- 25 Taking the Bus Santiago Airport to Valpo
First Peru Trip Itinerary Ideas for 8-10 Days (12/26-1/4/12)