My daughter and I are/were planning a trip to Chile and staying in Valparaiso. We were planning to leave the first week of June. I'm not sure if this would be a wise time to visit under the circumstances. The student we are visiting said the fire has not affected the area in which she lives, but it is still concerning to us. Any ideas?
Fire in Valparaiso
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 2 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 3 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 4 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 5 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 6 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 7 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 8 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 9 4 weeks in Chile
- 10 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 11 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 12 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 13 Para Ti, Brazil
- 14 Advice needed for Colombia
- 15 Chile and Argentina
- 16 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 17 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 18 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 19 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 20 El valle de Elquí
- 21 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 22 Columbia Questions
- 23 Bogota
- 24 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 25 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?