I will be traveling in May 2014 to Peru with my father and I am in the process of planning the trip. Right now the rough itinerary has us starting in Lima and heading south to hit the cities of Pisco, Ica, Huacachina, Nazca, Arequipa, and Puno and the major sites in these areas. From Puno we will take the Andean Explorer to Cusco where we will stay for a few days before heading out to do the Lares Trek/Machu Picchu. Returning to Cusco we will make our way to Puerto Maldonado and Madre de Dios for a few days. The length of the trip is flexible but we are hoping to keep it around 3 weeks. I have a few questions regarding the itinerary, any advice is much appreciated.
What is the best way to travel from Lima to Puno, while visiting the major sites in between (such as the Nazca Lines, Ballestas Islands, Colca Canyon)?
Any suggestions for specific companies/tour operators for Ballestas Islands, Nazca Lines, a rafting trip, Colca canyon?
We definitely want to book guided tours for the Lares Trek and time in the jungle-any suggestions for tour operators or specific itinerary for these excursions?
We would love to incorporate some beach time, even though we won’t be able to visit the north, where are the best places to experience the coast south of Lima?
Both of us love extreme sports, so if you know of any unique experiences in the area please let me know!
Finally, is the time we have allotted, 3 weeks, enough to experience it all?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Need travel buddy for Buenos Aires from Sept 29 to Oct 29
- 2 Palermo-Soho Hotel in Buenos Aires?
- 3 Please help with Peru itinerary
- 4 cruises now coming/going from San Antonio instead of Valparaiso
- 5 Puzzled by altitude sickness
- 6 Brazil
- 7 Visa for Brazil/canadian applying/Help!!!!
- 8 Best way to get from airport in Santiago to Ibis hotel in Valparaiso
- 9 Peru Trip for the Family
- 10 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 11 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 12 Patagonia itinerary advice
- 13 1.5 days in Rio
- 14 If it's Tuesday, it must be Patagonia...need itinerary help
- 15 Galapagos tours
- 16 Authentic Peruvian Community
- 17 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 18 Patagonia Hike/Travel/Explore
- 19 2 weeks trip
- 20 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 21 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 22 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 23 Where to stay in Bariloche
- 24 WEBJET
- 25 Iguazu and Iguaçu