I will be traveling in May 2014 to Peru with my father and I am in the process of planning the trip. Right now the rough itinerary has us starting in Lima and heading south to hit the cities of Pisco, Ica, Huacachina, Nazca, Arequipa, and Puno and the major sites in these areas. From Puno we will take the Andean Explorer to Cusco where we will stay for a few days before heading out to do the Lares Trek/Machu Picchu. Returning to Cusco we will make our way to Puerto Maldonado and Madre de Dios for a few days. The length of the trip is flexible but we are hoping to keep it around 3 weeks. I have a few questions regarding the itinerary, any advice is much appreciated.
What is the best way to travel from Lima to Puno, while visiting the major sites in between (such as the Nazca Lines, Ballestas Islands, Colca Canyon)?
Any suggestions for specific companies/tour operators for Ballestas Islands, Nazca Lines, a rafting trip, Colca canyon?
We definitely want to book guided tours for the Lares Trek and time in the jungle-any suggestions for tour operators or specific itinerary for these excursions?
We would love to incorporate some beach time, even though we won’t be able to visit the north, where are the best places to experience the coast south of Lima?
Both of us love extreme sports, so if you know of any unique experiences in the area please let me know!
Finally, is the time we have allotted, 3 weeks, enough to experience it all?
Father Daughter Trip to Peru
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 2-weeks trip to Chile, itinerary review
- 2 Amauta has moved to a different adres?
- 3 Has Argentina stasting charging an entry tax/fee yet?
- 4 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 5 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 6 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 7 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 8 Brazil: Bonito/Pantanal : Manaus Guide Recommendations
- 9 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 10 Chile, Brazil and New York
- 11 My (entertertaining & illustrated) advice on the best ever Peru itinerary
- 12 Christmas in the Andes (Peru & Ecuador)
- 13 Three weeks in South America
- 14 TRIP DO COLOMBIA
- 15 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 16 Colombia...without Bogota? Looking for opinions!
- 17 Argentina ininerary November 2015
- 18 Easter Day in Rio
- 19 Argentina Trip report
- 20 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 21 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 22 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 23 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 24 Ecuador - Amazon Basin Trip
- 25 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May