Greetings! We are currently debating what to do next Spring Break (first week in April) and have narrowed it down to a few options, one of which is a Lima/MP trip. I am a little hesitant to book this due to the potentially wet weather in early April. Has anyone been there in April? Also, what can we expect to pay for transportation along the journey? Is renting a car a bad idea, or public transport/buses/trains the best way to go? Our children will be 9 & 10 at that point so I am thinking that the Inca trail hike may be a bit too much for them. I have read about buses and trains that also head up to MP... any recommendations? Thanks in advance!
Family trip to Lima and MP
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 2 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 3 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 4 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 5 Cell phone in Brazil
- 6 10 Full Days in Peru
- 7 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 8 10 day itinerary questions
- 9 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 10 Please comment on this 8 week itinerary (Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru)!
- 11 Iguazu Falls for a single woman?
- 12 ATM San Pedro de Atacama
- 13 Santiago 2 days
- 14 Galapogas: Short tour vs long tour
- 15 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 16 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 17 Quito Airport Hotels?
- 18 10 day in peru
- 19 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 20 Galapogas Islands - when to go?
- 21 Mendoza
- 22 Patagonia in November 2014 Need help with rental SUV or guide
- 23 Hotel Suggestions Cusco, Aguas calientes, Urubamba, Puno, Lima etc..
- 24 General Peru questions
- 25 Argentina Holiday Help