Greetings! We are currently debating what to do next Spring Break (first week in April) and have narrowed it down to a few options, one of which is a Lima/MP trip. I am a little hesitant to book this due to the potentially wet weather in early April. Has anyone been there in April? Also, what can we expect to pay for transportation along the journey? Is renting a car a bad idea, or public transport/buses/trains the best way to go? Our children will be 9 & 10 at that point so I am thinking that the Inca trail hike may be a bit too much for them. I have read about buses and trains that also head up to MP... any recommendations? Thanks in advance!
Family trip to Lima and MP
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 driving up the coast from rio de janeiro to salvador
- 2 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 3 Trip Report
- 4 Argentina Holiday Help
- 5 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 6 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 7 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 8 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 9 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 10 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 11 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 12 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 13 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 14 1st South American adventure
- 15 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 16 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 17 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 18 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 19 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 20 For Neoptropical Birders
- 21 Columbia Questions
- 22 Posadas-Paraguay-Brazil-Iguassu: Please, Help Find the Tour Operator
- 23 hotels in Buenos Aires
- 24 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 25 Ecuador Rain Forest with Pre-teens