Greetings! We are currently debating what to do next Spring Break (first week in April) and have narrowed it down to a few options, one of which is a Lima/MP trip. I am a little hesitant to book this due to the potentially wet weather in early April. Has anyone been there in April? Also, what can we expect to pay for transportation along the journey? Is renting a car a bad idea, or public transport/buses/trains the best way to go? Our children will be 9 & 10 at that point so I am thinking that the Inca trail hike may be a bit too much for them. I have read about buses and trains that also head up to MP... any recommendations? Thanks in advance!
Family trip to Lima and MP
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 2 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 3 Mendoza
- 4 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 5 Pet friendly housing in Cusco, Peru
- 6 Hotel Suggestions Buenos Aires La Recoleta
- 7 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 8 Cruise stop over in Lima
- 9 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 10 Santiago and Puerto Montt in a week
- 11 Pantanal on your own
- 12 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 13 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 14 Ecuador - should we go?
- 15 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 16 Santiago 2 days
- 17 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 18 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 19 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 20 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 21 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 22 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 23 Lodge in Pantanal
- 24 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 25 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??