I'm starting to plan my first trip to South America and I'm in need of some help. I would love to have an entire month to travel, but alas I only have 16-17 days. I am fearful that I'm trying to fit in too much for 16 days.
Here's the info:
Who: late 20s/early 30s couple
What: explore city life, some biking/hiking, visit wineries, eat great food and relax on a beach for a couple of days.
When: last 2 weeks in November 2009
Where: Santiago, Central Coast winery, Valparaiso, Andes, Mendoza, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Jose Ignacio
Why: never been to South America and looking for great weather in November, interesting cultural experiences mixing outdoor adventures with great city life
How: fly into Santiago, bus/car ride over Andes to Mendoza, fly from Mendoza to Buenos Aires, ferry over to Uruguay/ferry back, and flight out of Buenos Aires
Here's a rough day to day itinerary:
central coast winery
Andes to Mendoza
Mendoza/flight to BA or Montevideo
Montevideo/ Jose Ignacio
Adding in Montevideo/Jose Ignacio is kinda messing up my plans, but my BF really wants a couple of day relaxing on a warm beach thrown in. Would it be easier to do a beach outside of BA? Will it even be warm enough in late Nov to enjoy beach life?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Exploring Chile, Argentina, Ururguay in 16 days?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 2 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 3 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 4 Ipad Hackers in Peru?
- 5 Peru in December
- 6 Trip Report - Very Long
- 7 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 8 Wet suits in Galapagos
- 9 Heart of the Inca
- 10 Connection in Lima, practical for 3 hours?
- 11 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 12 Senior Citizen's wonderful trip to Sacred Valley thanks to Great Tour Guide
- 13 Tupiza to Tilcara
- 14 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 15 8 Days in Peru
- 16 Hostels in Oruro during Carnaval?
- 17 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 18 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 19 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 20 Transportation in Ecuador
- 21 NW of Argentina
- 22 adventure tour on the Amazon
- 23 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 24 Ten days in Ecuador
- 25 amazon jungle trips