I'm starting to plan my first trip to South America and I'm in need of some help. I would love to have an entire month to travel, but alas I only have 16-17 days. I am fearful that I'm trying to fit in too much for 16 days.
Here's the info:
Who: late 20s/early 30s couple
What: explore city life, some biking/hiking, visit wineries, eat great food and relax on a beach for a couple of days.
When: last 2 weeks in November 2009
Where: Santiago, Central Coast winery, Valparaiso, Andes, Mendoza, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Jose Ignacio
Why: never been to South America and looking for great weather in November, interesting cultural experiences mixing outdoor adventures with great city life
How: fly into Santiago, bus/car ride over Andes to Mendoza, fly from Mendoza to Buenos Aires, ferry over to Uruguay/ferry back, and flight out of Buenos Aires
Here's a rough day to day itinerary:
central coast winery
Andes to Mendoza
Mendoza/flight to BA or Montevideo
Montevideo/ Jose Ignacio
Adding in Montevideo/Jose Ignacio is kinda messing up my plans, but my BF really wants a couple of day relaxing on a warm beach thrown in. Would it be easier to do a beach outside of BA? Will it even be warm enough in late Nov to enjoy beach life?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina in October--more questions
- 2 Rio de Janeiro in March
- 3 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 4 Southward Ho! Adventures in Chile & ARG
- 5 Our new government to promote foreign tourism
- 6 Spontaneity in Cusco activities possible?
- 7 South America this October
- 8 Chile or Argentina?
- 9 11 hours in Lima
- 10 Transportation: Cusco Airport to Ollantaytamba train station
- 11 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 12 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 13 Machu Picchu - any good hiking guide companies?
- 14 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 15 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 16 Antarctica on the Vavilov-How to book?
- 17 Peru in December
- 18 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 19 Tarapoto
- 20 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia
- 21 Buenos Aires/Argentina 10+ Day, Solo Woman Traveler
- 22 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 23 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 24 Need some help in getting started-first vacation to South America!
- 25 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please