I'm starting to plan my first trip to South America and I'm in need of some help. I would love to have an entire month to travel, but alas I only have 16-17 days. I am fearful that I'm trying to fit in too much for 16 days.
Here's the info:
Who: late 20s/early 30s couple
What: explore city life, some biking/hiking, visit wineries, eat great food and relax on a beach for a couple of days.
When: last 2 weeks in November 2009
Where: Santiago, Central Coast winery, Valparaiso, Andes, Mendoza, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Jose Ignacio
Why: never been to South America and looking for great weather in November, interesting cultural experiences mixing outdoor adventures with great city life
How: fly into Santiago, bus/car ride over Andes to Mendoza, fly from Mendoza to Buenos Aires, ferry over to Uruguay/ferry back, and flight out of Buenos Aires
Here's a rough day to day itinerary:
central coast winery
Andes to Mendoza
Mendoza/flight to BA or Montevideo
Montevideo/ Jose Ignacio
Adding in Montevideo/Jose Ignacio is kinda messing up my plans, but my BF really wants a couple of day relaxing on a warm beach thrown in. Would it be easier to do a beach outside of BA? Will it even be warm enough in late Nov to enjoy beach life?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 ¦~ ¦ ~ ¦ B U S 97.C O M ¦~ ¦ ~ ¦ 카지노사이트주소 ¦~ ¦ ~ ¦ 카지노게임
- 2 Neruda's Isla Negra Home - Worth a Detour?
- 3 Valpo, Lakes, Chiloe & Patagonia Time allotment?
- 4 Trip to Amazon where to start
- 5 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!
- 6 Another Amazing Trip to Patagonia
- 7 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 8 Flying Solo to South America
- 9 Tell me soething about South America travel tips?
- 10 South American destinations for introverts?
- 11 Narrowing Down Itinerary
- 12 Where to start in May?
- 13 Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail
- 14 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 15 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 16 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
- 17 Cartagens for 3.5 days. Looking for suggestions-islands, food tours, etc..
- 18 Need day trip/guide suggestions from Puerto Ayora, Galapagos
- 19 Peru Final 15-day Itinerary Help Needed
- 20 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 21 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?
- 22 Peru - Puno & Lakes or Amazon
- 23 Did You Visit the Lakes District and/or Chiloe?
- 24 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 25 Argentina and Bolivia/March and April