I'm starting to plan my first trip to South America and I'm in need of some help. I would love to have an entire month to travel, but alas I only have 16-17 days. I am fearful that I'm trying to fit in too much for 16 days.
Here's the info:
Who: late 20s/early 30s couple
What: explore city life, some biking/hiking, visit wineries, eat great food and relax on a beach for a couple of days.
When: last 2 weeks in November 2009
Where: Santiago, Central Coast winery, Valparaiso, Andes, Mendoza, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Jose Ignacio
Why: never been to South America and looking for great weather in November, interesting cultural experiences mixing outdoor adventures with great city life
How: fly into Santiago, bus/car ride over Andes to Mendoza, fly from Mendoza to Buenos Aires, ferry over to Uruguay/ferry back, and flight out of Buenos Aires
Here's a rough day to day itinerary:
central coast winery
Andes to Mendoza
Mendoza/flight to BA or Montevideo
Montevideo/ Jose Ignacio
Adding in Montevideo/Jose Ignacio is kinda messing up my plans, but my BF really wants a couple of day relaxing on a warm beach thrown in. Would it be easier to do a beach outside of BA? Will it even be warm enough in late Nov to enjoy beach life?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Exploring Chile, Argentina, Ururguay in 16 days?
- 1 Help with itinerary
- 2 Is 6 weeks enough to go from Lima, Peru to Buenos Aires?
- 3 Back to South America
- 4 I SURVIVED PERU (subtitle: yes, it's safe for a solo female traveler)
- 5 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 6 Santiago on Christmas Day??
- 7 Crellston and Others
- 8 Peru Query Escaped Peru
- 9 fly fishing near Santiago
- 10 Private transfer from Santiago to Valparaiso
- 11 Is it safe to backpack in venezuela?
- 12 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 13 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 14 Blue rate
- 15 Trip report for Bariloche
- 16 Peru: Markawasi anyone?
- 17 How bad are the floods in Rio currently?
- 18 should we skip Bolivia in Febuary.
- 19 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 20 Reflections on our South America trip
- 21 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 22 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 23 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 24 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 25 8 Days in Brazil