I'm starting to plan my first trip to South America and I'm in need of some help. I would love to have an entire month to travel, but alas I only have 16-17 days. I am fearful that I'm trying to fit in too much for 16 days.
Here's the info:
Who: late 20s/early 30s couple
What: explore city life, some biking/hiking, visit wineries, eat great food and relax on a beach for a couple of days.
When: last 2 weeks in November 2009
Where: Santiago, Central Coast winery, Valparaiso, Andes, Mendoza, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Jose Ignacio
Why: never been to South America and looking for great weather in November, interesting cultural experiences mixing outdoor adventures with great city life
How: fly into Santiago, bus/car ride over Andes to Mendoza, fly from Mendoza to Buenos Aires, ferry over to Uruguay/ferry back, and flight out of Buenos Aires
Here's a rough day to day itinerary:
central coast winery
Andes to Mendoza
Mendoza/flight to BA or Montevideo
Montevideo/ Jose Ignacio
Adding in Montevideo/Jose Ignacio is kinda messing up my plans, but my BF really wants a couple of day relaxing on a warm beach thrown in. Would it be easier to do a beach outside of BA? Will it even be warm enough in late Nov to enjoy beach life?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Machu Picchu bus ticket online
- 2 Argentina airpass.
- 3 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 4 Quito taxis
- 5 Separate tickets - question
- 6 San Salvador Layover
- 7 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 8 South America this October
- 9 Iguazu Falls - 4 star hotel near the airport?
- 10 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 11 Fun adventure ...with 6 yr old
- 12 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 13 Layover in Lima
- 14 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 15 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 16 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 17 Wine Tours in Chile and Argentina -
- 18 Chile & Argentina wine trips
- 19 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 20 Huaraz to Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura
- 21 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 22 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 23 2 weeks in Peru/Chile
- 24 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 25 Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela