I'm starting to plan my first trip to South America and I'm in need of some help. I would love to have an entire month to travel, but alas I only have 16-17 days. I am fearful that I'm trying to fit in too much for 16 days.
Here's the info:
Who: late 20s/early 30s couple
What: explore city life, some biking/hiking, visit wineries, eat great food and relax on a beach for a couple of days.
When: last 2 weeks in November 2009
Where: Santiago, Central Coast winery, Valparaiso, Andes, Mendoza, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Jose Ignacio
Why: never been to South America and looking for great weather in November, interesting cultural experiences mixing outdoor adventures with great city life
How: fly into Santiago, bus/car ride over Andes to Mendoza, fly from Mendoza to Buenos Aires, ferry over to Uruguay/ferry back, and flight out of Buenos Aires
Here's a rough day to day itinerary:
central coast winery
Andes to Mendoza
Mendoza/flight to BA or Montevideo
Montevideo/ Jose Ignacio
Adding in Montevideo/Jose Ignacio is kinda messing up my plans, but my BF really wants a couple of day relaxing on a warm beach thrown in. Would it be easier to do a beach outside of BA? Will it even be warm enough in late Nov to enjoy beach life?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 2 Download Quick Heal Total Security Videos With Qttube
- 3 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 4 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 5 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 6 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 7 Rainbow mountain trek
- 8 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 9 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 10 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 11 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 12 Iquitos
- 13 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 14 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 15 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 16 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 17 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 18 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio
- 19 Bariloche car rental
- 20 Guide recommendation Cusco Sacred Valley Machu Picchu
- 21 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
- 22 All inclusive hotels near San Pedro de Atacama?
- 23 Is the Seno Otway Penguin Reserve Currently Open?
- 24 Any Sights en Route from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales to TdP?
- 25 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!