I'm starting to plan my first trip to South America and I'm in need of some help. I would love to have an entire month to travel, but alas I only have 16-17 days. I am fearful that I'm trying to fit in too much for 16 days.
Here's the info:
Who: late 20s/early 30s couple
What: explore city life, some biking/hiking, visit wineries, eat great food and relax on a beach for a couple of days.
When: last 2 weeks in November 2009
Where: Santiago, Central Coast winery, Valparaiso, Andes, Mendoza, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Jose Ignacio
Why: never been to South America and looking for great weather in November, interesting cultural experiences mixing outdoor adventures with great city life
How: fly into Santiago, bus/car ride over Andes to Mendoza, fly from Mendoza to Buenos Aires, ferry over to Uruguay/ferry back, and flight out of Buenos Aires
Here's a rough day to day itinerary:
central coast winery
Andes to Mendoza
Mendoza/flight to BA or Montevideo
Montevideo/ Jose Ignacio
Adding in Montevideo/Jose Ignacio is kinda messing up my plans, but my BF really wants a couple of day relaxing on a warm beach thrown in. Would it be easier to do a beach outside of BA? Will it even be warm enough in late Nov to enjoy beach life?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 COMCAST Recovery Password CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 Technical SUPP0RT b*g
- 2 How many days in Medellin area?
- 3 Medellin, Colombia - Great Driver
- 4 Looking For Intensive Spanish Immersion Course
- 5 Pisco sours
- 6 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 7 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 8 Machu Picchu changes its entry schedule
- 9 Lodging by Medellin Airport
- 10 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 11 Finding a group to hike with
- 12 Buenos Aires, Patagonia hike, Uraguay beach and Iguazu idea feedback needed
- 13 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 14 Chilean Travel Agent Suggestions Needed
- 15 Galapagus July
- 16 The Atacama Desert
- 17 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 18 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 19 2 day Inca Trek and a fear of exposure/heights
- 20 1 day for Iguazu Falls (I know, but that's all she has)
- 21 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 22 Last min cruise to the Galapagos
- 23 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 24 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 25 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!