Hello everyone -
We're planning a trip to Ecuador in June. We've booked our cruise to the Galapagos for Friday, June 10, through Friday June 17. We pick up and leave the ship in Quito. We'll be flying out the next day.
What we're trying to decide is what else, if anything, we should do. Because of vacation schedules and family events, the earliest we could get down there would be Monday (honestly, Tuesday would be easier). With just those few days, should we just focus on staying in Quito (with maybe a day trip to Otavalo) or should we try to see something more of the country. We're wondering, in particular, if we should try to visit Mindo and see the cloud forest, spend a few days at one of the amazon lodges in the Oriente or fly down to Cuenca. We hate being rushed on vaction and obviously would not want to do too much, so if we did anything in addition to Quito, it would be just one of those options.
Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
Hello everyone -
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 2 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 3 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 4 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 5 Fire in Valparaiso
- 6 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 7 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 8 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 9 Ecuador - should we go?
- 10 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 11 Back to South America
- 12 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 13 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 14 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 15 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 16 Driving in Ecuador
- 17 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 18 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 19 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 20 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 21 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 22 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 23 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 24 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 25 Questions re. Machu Picchu