Hello everyone -
We're planning a trip to Ecuador in June. We've booked our cruise to the Galapagos for Friday, June 10, through Friday June 17. We pick up and leave the ship in Quito. We'll be flying out the next day.
What we're trying to decide is what else, if anything, we should do. Because of vacation schedules and family events, the earliest we could get down there would be Monday (honestly, Tuesday would be easier). With just those few days, should we just focus on staying in Quito (with maybe a day trip to Otavalo) or should we try to see something more of the country. We're wondering, in particular, if we should try to visit Mindo and see the cloud forest, spend a few days at one of the amazon lodges in the Oriente or fly down to Cuenca. We hate being rushed on vaction and obviously would not want to do too much, so if we did anything in addition to Quito, it would be just one of those options.
Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 (USA) Te*ch SUPP0RT YAHOO CONTACT 1:8OO:54O:683O YAHOO Reset Password
- 2 How many days in Medellin area?
- 3 Machu Picchu changes its entry schedule
- 4 Lodging by Medellin Airport
- 5 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 6 Finding a group to hike with
- 7 Buenos Aires, Patagonia hike, Uraguay beach and Iguazu idea feedback needed
- 8 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 9 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 10 Chilean Travel Agent Suggestions Needed
- 11 Galapagus July
- 12 The Atacama Desert
- 13 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 14 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 15 2 day Inca Trek and a fear of exposure/heights
- 16 1 day for Iguazu Falls (I know, but that's all she has)
- 17 Pisco sours
- 18 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 19 Last min cruise to the Galapagos
- 20 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 21 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 22 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!
- 23 Help needed with itinerary for Argentina and Chile
- 24 2 Weeks in Cusco Itinerary
- 25 Huacachina, Peru
Hello everyone -