Hello everyone -
We're planning a trip to Ecuador in June. We've booked our cruise to the Galapagos for Friday, June 10, through Friday June 17. We pick up and leave the ship in Quito. We'll be flying out the next day.
What we're trying to decide is what else, if anything, we should do. Because of vacation schedules and family events, the earliest we could get down there would be Monday (honestly, Tuesday would be easier). With just those few days, should we just focus on staying in Quito (with maybe a day trip to Otavalo) or should we try to see something more of the country. We're wondering, in particular, if we should try to visit Mindo and see the cloud forest, spend a few days at one of the amazon lodges in the Oriente or fly down to Cuenca. We hate being rushed on vaction and obviously would not want to do too much, so if we did anything in addition to Quito, it would be just one of those options.
Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://bellavitaserumtry.com
- 2 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 3 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 4 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 5 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 6 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 7 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 8 Exciting Times in Colombia
- 9 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 10 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 11 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 12 Sixty days in Colombia
- 13 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 14 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 15 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 16 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 17 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 18 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 19 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 20 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 21 Booking sites - HELP! Don't want to be scammed
- 22 summer olympics in Rio
- 23 2 Weeks in Rio in Nov End
- 24 Trip ideas for 2 weeks in South America??
- 25 Tahuayo Lodge, Amazon
Hello everyone -