Hello everyone -
We're planning a trip to Ecuador in June. We've booked our cruise to the Galapagos for Friday, June 10, through Friday June 17. We pick up and leave the ship in Quito. We'll be flying out the next day.
What we're trying to decide is what else, if anything, we should do. Because of vacation schedules and family events, the earliest we could get down there would be Monday (honestly, Tuesday would be easier). With just those few days, should we just focus on staying in Quito (with maybe a day trip to Otavalo) or should we try to see something more of the country. We're wondering, in particular, if we should try to visit Mindo and see the cloud forest, spend a few days at one of the amazon lodges in the Oriente or fly down to Cuenca. We hate being rushed on vaction and obviously would not want to do too much, so if we did anything in addition to Quito, it would be just one of those options.
Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
Hello everyone -
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 2 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 3 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 4 Car rental in Patagonia
- 5 Itinerary Feedback
- 6 Lima to Foz
- 7 Chile Private Tour
- 8 Language study in Brazil
- 9 Columbia Questions
- 10 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 11 Chile reciprocity fee - Canadian citizens
- 12 Argentina Holiday Help
- 13 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 14 driving up the coast from rio de janeiro to salvador
- 15 Chile - IVA Tax
- 16 Christmas present to Cusco?
- 17 Trip Report
- 18 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 19 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 20 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 21 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 22 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 23 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 24 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 25 1st South American adventure