Another woman and I are going for a nine day horse trekking trip in Ecuador. We're arriving in Quito March 31 at 7:15 PM. My questions: Is it safe for us to take a taxi from the airport to a hotel in view of the reports I've read about kidnapping/hostage taking? Hey, we're not young, good looking, or drug dealers. Second question: We're contemplating taking the cable car the next morning before meeting our transport to the hacienda. How much time do we need for the trip to the cable car depot, up and down the mountain, and back to Quito? Thank you for your help.
- 1 Trip Report: Argentina and Peru
- 2 Cusco, Urubamba & Macchu Picchu
- 3 Santiago Airport International Flight Connection Information
- 4 Peru & Bolivia (Cusco, Macchu Picchu, Puno, Copacabana, La Paz, Uyuni)
- 5 Trip Report: Brazil--the Pantanal
- 6 Recommendations for Amazon tours
- 7 5 months South America
- 8 Argentina El Calafate to Chilean border - Punta arenas
- 9 2nd Brazil Visit - Ideas please
- 10 5 days in South America - Brazil or Argentina? (Sao Paolo and Rio excluded)
- 11 Chile Itinerary without Patagonia
- 12 Galapagos travel plan recommendation
- 13 Hotel Tyndell or Las Torres in Torres del Paine
- 14 Family trip to Lima and MP
- 15 Machu Picchu - Hiking boots or Teva sandals?
- 16 Highly recommended taxi driver in the Sacred Valley of Peru
- 17 Patagonia Itinerary
- 18 Back to South America
- 19 South America in July
- 20 Might Chile's reciprocity fee disappear in 2014?
- 21 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 22 Brazil Help!
- 23 Driving from Bariloche to Chile
- 24 Van rental in Punta Arena, Chile
- 25 Chile: Pucon car rental pick-up and return Santiago