Another woman and I are going for a nine day horse trekking trip in Ecuador. We're arriving in Quito March 31 at 7:15 PM. My questions: Is it safe for us to take a taxi from the airport to a hotel in view of the reports I've read about kidnapping/hostage taking? Hey, we're not young, good looking, or drug dealers. Second question: We're contemplating taking the cable car the next morning before meeting our transport to the hacienda. How much time do we need for the trip to the cable car depot, up and down the mountain, and back to Quito? Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 2 Christmas in Cusco
- 3 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 4 Cartagena: enough for 4-6 days?
- 5 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 6 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 7 transportation in Brazil
- 8 Advice, recommendations and guidance
- 9 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 10 Patagonia Chile
- 11 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 12 Easter Island flight delays?
- 13 argentina & brazil
- 14 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 15 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 16 Beware of G Adventures Galapagos tour guides!
- 17 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 18 Brazilian music
- 19 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 20 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 21 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 22 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 23 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 24 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 25 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?