Another woman and I are going for a nine day horse trekking trip in Ecuador. We're arriving in Quito March 31 at 7:15 PM. My questions: Is it safe for us to take a taxi from the airport to a hotel in view of the reports I've read about kidnapping/hostage taking? Hey, we're not young, good looking, or drug dealers. Second question: We're contemplating taking the cable car the next morning before meeting our transport to the hacienda. How much time do we need for the trip to the cable car depot, up and down the mountain, and back to Quito? Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Three weeks in South America
- 2 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 3 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 4 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 5 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 6 Ecuador - Amazon Basin Trip
- 7 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 8 Easter Day in Rio
- 9 2-weeks trip to Chile, itinerary review
- 10 Patagonia tour
- 11 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 12 Patagonia tour in April
- 13 Patagonia tour
- 14 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 15 Travel to Rio de Janeiro
- 16 Brazil: Bonito/Pantanal : Manaus Guide Recommendations
- 17 Best Peru Tours Review Needed
- 18 What phone works in Peru and Ecuador
- 19 Help! No Idea Where to Go.
- 20 iguazu falls, macchu Picchu and patagonia?
- 21 Argentina ininerary November 2015
- 22 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 23 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 24 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 25 Interesting places to eat in BA?