Hello to all the forum members. I've just joined this forum and I want to share my travel idea. Yes it is idea and I want to make this idea come true. I'll be thankful for all the contributions.
I'm from Bombay, India and I want to come to Argentina April 2012 end for a 3-4 weeks trip. I want this to be once in a lifetime journey. I want to drive and travel from south to North. I might be joined by two friends but it is not certain as of now. This is going to be a huge thing as I do not know Spanish and by the time I reach Argentina I'll be at elementary level only. This gives you an understanding I’m not going to be a tourist but a traveller. There are a many questions I have and many questions that are important but they have not come to me. Seasoned travellers and locals guidance is welcome.
I got interested in Argentina through Ricardo Darin. I have watched his about half a dozen movies of his. Also I’ve heard about Patagonia having the world’s most beautiful countryside. To travel through Patagonia is a dream.
I’ll give you a rough idea about my planned itinerary. I have been studying the country through Google maps. If the map showed a big city I covered it in the route. So it is not final and it can go through changes. I’ll arrive at BA and then travel BA and surrounding region for 3-4 days. Then I’ll fly to Ushuaia spend a few days then fly to El calafate. From El calafate I’ll hire a car and drive it all the way north.
BA-Ushuaia-El Calafate-Comodoro Rivadavia-Bariloche-Neuquén-Mendoza-Cordoba-La Rioja-San Salvador de Jujuy-Puerto Iguazú-Rosario-BA.
Roughly this will be 7,500 km; I plan to drive during day hours only.
I want to know is it safe to drive through Argentina. Are there any troubled areas in Argentina where it is not safe for foreign tourist to visit or drive?
How many days do you think it will take to cover this itinerary with break of 1-2 days at big cities?
Please let me know what do you think of this trip idea? Is it possible to make this idea reality?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Strike Peru May 27-28 - urgent decision
- 2 My Lima Layover
- 3 Safety in Rio?
- 4 Not your usual Lima Layover Trip Report
- 5 New to traveling, and I need help.
- 6 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 7 driving to salvador
- 8 Areas to stay in Rio de Janiero and Buenos Aires
- 9 Pantanal tour prices
- 10 Travel Agent Recommendation for Patagonia
- 11 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 12 Planning Trip to Patagonia and Wine Country
- 13 Do you need passes to see machu picch?
- 14 Travel in Brazil or visit Machu Picchu?
- 15 It's Restaurant Week in Lima til 24 May
- 16 Hostels in Rio de Janeiro
- 17 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 18 Itinerary Advice..+/- days advice
- 19 recommended hostels in lima and cuzco
- 20 tours and tips
- 21 Transportation from Santiago airport to Valparaiso or Vina del Mar
- 22 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 23 Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro
- 24 Water in Peru
- 25 Tours to Machu Picchu