Hello to all the forum members. I've just joined this forum and I want to share my travel idea. Yes it is idea and I want to make this idea come true. I'll be thankful for all the contributions.
I'm from Bombay, India and I want to come to Argentina April 2012 end for a 3-4 weeks trip. I want this to be once in a lifetime journey. I want to drive and travel from south to North. I might be joined by two friends but it is not certain as of now. This is going to be a huge thing as I do not know Spanish and by the time I reach Argentina I'll be at elementary level only. This gives you an understanding I’m not going to be a tourist but a traveller. There are a many questions I have and many questions that are important but they have not come to me. Seasoned travellers and locals guidance is welcome.
I got interested in Argentina through Ricardo Darin. I have watched his about half a dozen movies of his. Also I’ve heard about Patagonia having the world’s most beautiful countryside. To travel through Patagonia is a dream.
I’ll give you a rough idea about my planned itinerary. I have been studying the country through Google maps. If the map showed a big city I covered it in the route. So it is not final and it can go through changes. I’ll arrive at BA and then travel BA and surrounding region for 3-4 days. Then I’ll fly to Ushuaia spend a few days then fly to El calafate. From El calafate I’ll hire a car and drive it all the way north.
BA-Ushuaia-El Calafate-Comodoro Rivadavia-Bariloche-Neuquén-Mendoza-Cordoba-La Rioja-San Salvador de Jujuy-Puerto Iguazú-Rosario-BA.
Roughly this will be 7,500 km; I plan to drive during day hours only.
I want to know is it safe to drive through Argentina. Are there any troubled areas in Argentina where it is not safe for foreign tourist to visit or drive?
How many days do you think it will take to cover this itinerary with break of 1-2 days at big cities?
Please let me know what do you think of this trip idea? Is it possible to make this idea reality?
Driving thru Argentina
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 2 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 3 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 4 JW Marriott Lima
- 5 Trip Report - Very Long
- 6 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 7 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 8 Quito recommendations
- 9 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 10 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 11 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 12 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 13 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 14 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 15 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 16 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 17 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 18 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 19 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 20 Ecuador-tour guides
- 21 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 22 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 23 lima airport transport
- 24 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 25 Father Daughter Trip to Peru