I'm very close to booking a trip to Peru for this June. I'm just awaiting the green light from my travel companion. I've worked up a draft itineray, below. Any comments would be appreciated.
Day 1 - Fly to Lima, late night arrival, stay at airport hotel.
Day 2- Early morning flight to Cuzco (probably using Star Peru because of the signifcantly lower price compared to LAN), then travel to Ollantayambo (train or taxi??). Spend afternoon puttering around town, ruins.
Day 3- Machu Picchu! Another overnight in Ollantayambo.
Day 4- Reserved for Machu Picchu if first day is a rain out. Travel back to Cusco.
Day 5- Tour Cuzco (favorite activity for me is visiting beautiful churches).
Day 6 - More Cuzco
Day 7 - late morning flight to Lima, spend afternoon exploring. Stay in Miraflores.
Day 8- tour Lima until time to head to airport for late night flight back home.
Couple of questions:
Can there be flexibility with train tickets to Aguascalientes or must they be bought far in advance during the high season like June?
My travel companion is rather fussy about cleanliness. How are public restrooms in places such as restaurants, train station, stores, etc? I am aware of the need to bring my own tissue.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 gsfggfdfddfgf
- 2 Brick Muscle It's important to do warm-up exercises.
- 3 Inca Jungle Companies?
- 4 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 5 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 6 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 7 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 8 Sixty days in Colombia
- 9 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 10 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 11 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 12 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 13 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 14 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 15 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 16 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 17 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 18 Booking sites - HELP! Don't want to be scammed
- 19 summer olympics in Rio
- 20 2 Weeks in Rio in Nov End
- 21 Trip ideas for 2 weeks in South America??
- 22 Tahuayo Lodge, Amazon
- 23 Most Efficient Travel from Peru to Chile?
- 24 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 25 Ecuador -Rental Car, Clothing and Cotopaxi