I'm very close to booking a trip to Peru for this June. I'm just awaiting the green light from my travel companion. I've worked up a draft itineray, below. Any comments would be appreciated.
Day 1 - Fly to Lima, late night arrival, stay at airport hotel.
Day 2- Early morning flight to Cuzco (probably using Star Peru because of the signifcantly lower price compared to LAN), then travel to Ollantayambo (train or taxi??). Spend afternoon puttering around town, ruins.
Day 3- Machu Picchu! Another overnight in Ollantayambo.
Day 4- Reserved for Machu Picchu if first day is a rain out. Travel back to Cusco.
Day 5- Tour Cuzco (favorite activity for me is visiting beautiful churches).
Day 6 - More Cuzco
Day 7 - late morning flight to Lima, spend afternoon exploring. Stay in Miraflores.
Day 8- tour Lima until time to head to airport for late night flight back home.
Couple of questions:
Can there be flexibility with train tickets to Aguascalientes or must they be bought far in advance during the high season like June?
My travel companion is rather fussy about cleanliness. How are public restrooms in places such as restaurants, train station, stores, etc? I am aware of the need to bring my own tissue.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://yoursantiagingserum.com/nuavive-derma/
- 2 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 3 Buenos Aires, Patagonia hike, Uraguay beach and Iguazu idea feedback needed
- 4 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 5 Galapagus July
- 6 Machu Picchu changes its entry schedule
- 7 The Atacama Desert
- 8 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 9 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 10 Finding a group to hike with
- 11 2 day Inca Trek and a fear of exposure/heights
- 12 1 day for Iguazu Falls (I know, but that's all she has)
- 13 Pisco sours
- 14 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 15 Last min cruise to the Galapagos
- 16 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 17 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 18 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!
- 19 Help needed with itinerary for Argentina and Chile
- 20 2 Weeks in Cusco Itinerary
- 21 Huacachina, Peru
- 22 Hiking Tour Companies - Machu Picchu & Chile
- 23 Can a Europhile Find Happiness in Argentina and Chile?
- 24 Anyone familiar with Sky Airlines?
- 25 How to count hotel floors in Ecuador?