I'm very close to booking a trip to Peru for this June. I'm just awaiting the green light from my travel companion. I've worked up a draft itineray, below. Any comments would be appreciated.
Day 1 - Fly to Lima, late night arrival, stay at airport hotel.
Day 2- Early morning flight to Cuzco (probably using Star Peru because of the signifcantly lower price compared to LAN), then travel to Ollantayambo (train or taxi??). Spend afternoon puttering around town, ruins.
Day 3- Machu Picchu! Another overnight in Ollantayambo.
Day 4- Reserved for Machu Picchu if first day is a rain out. Travel back to Cusco.
Day 5- Tour Cuzco (favorite activity for me is visiting beautiful churches).
Day 6 - More Cuzco
Day 7 - late morning flight to Lima, spend afternoon exploring. Stay in Miraflores.
Day 8- tour Lima until time to head to airport for late night flight back home.
Couple of questions:
Can there be flexibility with train tickets to Aguascalientes or must they be bought far in advance during the high season like June?
My travel companion is rather fussy about cleanliness. How are public restrooms in places such as restaurants, train station, stores, etc? I am aware of the need to bring my own tissue.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 2 Chile, Ecuadoror Columbia
- 3 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 4 Trip Report Ecuador
- 5 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 6 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 7 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 8 Day trips from Montevideo
- 9 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 10 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 11 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 12 Driving tips and suggestions for Torres del Paine
- 13 Help with 3 Week Itinerary
- 14 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice
- 15 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 16 Ecuador, Places to shop
- 17 Only one day in Quito recommendations.
- 18 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 19 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 20 Booking the Grey Glacier Boat Tour
- 21 Volunteering in South America, maybe Peru?
- 22 Atacama and ????
- 23 Departure Tax leaving Colombia
- 24 Travel to Peru in 2 weeks
- 25 How Long Before departure @Bogota Airport Arrival Time