I'm very close to booking a trip to Peru for this June. I'm just awaiting the green light from my travel companion. I've worked up a draft itineray, below. Any comments would be appreciated.
Day 1 - Fly to Lima, late night arrival, stay at airport hotel.
Day 2- Early morning flight to Cuzco (probably using Star Peru because of the signifcantly lower price compared to LAN), then travel to Ollantayambo (train or taxi??). Spend afternoon puttering around town, ruins.
Day 3- Machu Picchu! Another overnight in Ollantayambo.
Day 4- Reserved for Machu Picchu if first day is a rain out. Travel back to Cusco.
Day 5- Tour Cuzco (favorite activity for me is visiting beautiful churches).
Day 6 - More Cuzco
Day 7 - late morning flight to Lima, spend afternoon exploring. Stay in Miraflores.
Day 8- tour Lima until time to head to airport for late night flight back home.
Couple of questions:
Can there be flexibility with train tickets to Aguascalientes or must they be bought far in advance during the high season like June?
My travel companion is rather fussy about cleanliness. How are public restrooms in places such as restaurants, train station, stores, etc? I am aware of the need to bring my own tissue.
Draft Itinerary for Peru (Lima-Machu Picchu-Cusco)
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED AMERICAN PASSPORT. firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 3 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 4 Peruvian Amazon
- 5 Peru, help cutting costs
- 6 cartagena , columbia
- 7 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 8 Peru Itinerary Help
- 9 One spare day in our itinerary - where should it go?
- 10 driving to salvador
- 11 february/march- where to go?
- 12 10 days backpacking in Peru
- 13 Antofogasta or Calama ? And which month ?
- 14 Birding in Mindo
- 15 Iguazu accomodation
- 16 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 17 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 18 El Calafate/Torres del Paine 7 day Itinerary Help
- 19 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 20 Driving Advice for El Calafate to Torres Del Paine in early October
- 21 Peru: a month travel in February
- 22 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 23 Trip to Machu Picchu, Amazing Place!!!
- 24 Off the beaten track
- 25 Solo female travelling around South America