I am trying to finalize my flights to El Calafate. Given the time constraints, I'd like to spend one day doing the minitrek for the glacier (i believe that is how you get to do the boat ride and a short trek on ice) and spend one day hiking in El Chalten.
Here's my dilemma. I have read that most treks to Perito Moreno from El Calafate leave at 8 or 9 am in the morning. I will be arriving in El Calafate at 10:30 am (flight time). Can I do the glacier minitrek that day? I am trying to see how I can make use of that day. I was hoping to spend the next day for El Chalten hike and fly back either that night or the following morning.
Also, how much do these tours typically cost? And how much is the bus ride to and from El Calafate to El Chalten? Do I need to book in advance?
Thank You so much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 INCA JUNGLE to MACHU PICCHU 4 DAYS - 3 DAYS
- 2 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 3 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 4 Brasilia, So. Pantanal & Bonito
- 5 Buenos Aires hotel for 2 nights
- 6 Too Long, but ain't gonna' change
- 7 Travel to Bolivia
- 8 Argentina - Best of Salta in 4 days
- 9 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 10 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 11 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 12 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 13 Brazil. Reading lists
- 14 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 15 Any suggestions for tour companies for Inca Trail Trek to MP?
- 16 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 17 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 18 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 19 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 20 Cajamarca
- 21 Choquequirao Questions
- 22 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 23 Amazon and the Inca Trail
- 24 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 25 South America 2 Months Itinery
Cost and time needed for Perito Moreno from El Calafate - please advise!