I am trying to finalize my flights to El Calafate. Given the time constraints, I'd like to spend one day doing the minitrek for the glacier (i believe that is how you get to do the boat ride and a short trek on ice) and spend one day hiking in El Chalten.
Here's my dilemma. I have read that most treks to Perito Moreno from El Calafate leave at 8 or 9 am in the morning. I will be arriving in El Calafate at 10:30 am (flight time). Can I do the glacier minitrek that day? I am trying to see how I can make use of that day. I was hoping to spend the next day for El Chalten hike and fly back either that night or the following morning.
Also, how much do these tours typically cost? And how much is the bus ride to and from El Calafate to El Chalten? Do I need to book in advance?
Thank You so much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Travelers insurance in Patagonia - need it?
- 2 http://musclegrowth77.com/garcinia-replenish/
- 3 http://musclegrowth77.com/garcinia-replenish/
- 4 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 5 Huaraz to Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura
- 6 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 7 2 weeks in Peru/Chile
- 8 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 9 Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela
- 10 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 11 Santiago, Chile
- 12 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 13 limited time in Cusco
- 14 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 15 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 16 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 17 Visiting Ollantataymbo from Cusco
- 18 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 19 Back "home" in Barranco
- 20 Day trips from Montevideo
- 21 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 22 2 weeks in Colombia
- 23 Home exchange to Brazil: cultural differences.
- 24 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 25 Peru in 9 days - Safety Concerns and itinerary review
Cost and time needed for Perito Moreno from El Calafate - please advise!