I am trying to finalize my flights to El Calafate. Given the time constraints, I'd like to spend one day doing the minitrek for the glacier (i believe that is how you get to do the boat ride and a short trek on ice) and spend one day hiking in El Chalten.
Here's my dilemma. I have read that most treks to Perito Moreno from El Calafate leave at 8 or 9 am in the morning. I will be arriving in El Calafate at 10:30 am (flight time). Can I do the glacier minitrek that day? I am trying to see how I can make use of that day. I was hoping to spend the next day for El Chalten hike and fly back either that night or the following morning.
Also, how much do these tours typically cost? And how much is the bus ride to and from El Calafate to El Chalten? Do I need to book in advance?
Thank You so much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina (Chile?)
- 2 Travel agency in Columbia
- 3 2 weeks in Chile
- 4 South American Mix: Easter Island, Machu Picchu, Rio & the Pantanal
- 5 Torres Del Paine - total 2 weeks in Chile
- 6 Buenos Aires for a month?
- 7 Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Amazon Rainforest + more
- 8 Cartagena tips
- 9 Steaks and Tango - Suggestions Please
- 10 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 11 Cartegena - beach or centre for a week?
- 12 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 13 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 14 What to skip in Argentina
- 15 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 16 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 17 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 18 40th Birthday Trip: Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, Amazon
- 19 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 20 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 21 Itineraries
- 22 Advice on Chile itinerary
- 23 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 24 Itinerary Help Argentina Chile Patagonia in 23 days
- 25 Please help with Peru itinerary
Cost and time needed for Perito Moreno from El Calafate - please advise!