I am trying to finalize my flights to El Calafate. Given the time constraints, I'd like to spend one day doing the minitrek for the glacier (i believe that is how you get to do the boat ride and a short trek on ice) and spend one day hiking in El Chalten.
Here's my dilemma. I have read that most treks to Perito Moreno from El Calafate leave at 8 or 9 am in the morning. I will be arriving in El Calafate at 10:30 am (flight time). Can I do the glacier minitrek that day? I am trying to see how I can make use of that day. I was hoping to spend the next day for El Chalten hike and fly back either that night or the following morning.
Also, how much do these tours typically cost? And how much is the bus ride to and from El Calafate to El Chalten? Do I need to book in advance?
Thank You so much!
Cost and time needed for Perito Moreno from El Calafate - please advise!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 2 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 3 Christmas in Cusco
- 4 transportation in Brazil
- 5 Advice, recommendations and guidance
- 6 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 7 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 8 Patagonia Chile
- 9 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 10 Cartagena: enough for 4-6 days?
- 11 Easter Island flight delays?
- 12 argentina & brazil
- 13 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 14 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 15 Beware of G Adventures Galapagos tour guides!
- 16 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 17 Brazilian music
- 18 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 19 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 20 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 21 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 22 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 23 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 24 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 25 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires