I am trying to finalize my flights to El Calafate. Given the time constraints, I'd like to spend one day doing the minitrek for the glacier (i believe that is how you get to do the boat ride and a short trek on ice) and spend one day hiking in El Chalten.
Here's my dilemma. I have read that most treks to Perito Moreno from El Calafate leave at 8 or 9 am in the morning. I will be arriving in El Calafate at 10:30 am (flight time). Can I do the glacier minitrek that day? I am trying to see how I can make use of that day. I was hoping to spend the next day for El Chalten hike and fly back either that night or the following morning.
Also, how much do these tours typically cost? And how much is the bus ride to and from El Calafate to El Chalten? Do I need to book in advance?
Thank You so much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 First Time in Argentina and Brazil - Buenos Aires and Rio questions
- 2 Visiting Buenos Aires
- 3 Visiting Medellin
- 4 Galapagos: Land based visit + short cruise - opinions appreciated!
- 5 Walking sticks for Machu Picchu?
- 6 Video Report: Argentina, Patagonia Part 1
- 7 brazil beach vacation.... or will get mugged?
- 8 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 9 CasaCor Peru October 2015
- 10 Chile in February and March
- 11 5/6 Hour Layover in Santiago - Advice Please
- 12 Rio and Iguacu
- 13 3 weeks to travel
- 14 Galapagos Island
- 15 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 16 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 17 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 18 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 19 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 20 October - March 2016 in South or Central America
- 21 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 22 Peru Best Tours
- 23 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 24 Brasilia Airport - Need Reassurance!
- 25 Beach areas Recife or Bahia from Rio
Cost and time needed for Perito Moreno from El Calafate - please advise!