Am looking into heading from Corrientes to Esteros del Ibera (Colonia Pellegrini) via Mercedes... and then trying to head from there to Posadas. I've read the road from Colonia Pellegrini isn't great and that it depends on rain.
Just had a couple of questions:
1. What are these routes like in July or August?
2. I may be traveling alone or with one other person. Are ride shares a possibility from Mercedes? Or if not, how much would hiring a private 4WD cost?
3. How long is this drive typically if using a 4WD instead of the bus, which I know is an option but also requires more free time?
4. Same thing - what would be cost of 4WD from Colonia Pellegrini to Posadas?
I hesitate to ask the "is this safe" question because I'm sure it's fine, but traveling potentially as a solo female just wanted to know about this route and security... for example, do hotels in Colonia Pellegrini offer private 4WD themselves, so I'm not just getting into a random car in Mercedes?
Thanks for any help/advice.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://www.drozdietplan.com/massive-testo/
- 2 Please help with Peru itinerary
- 3 Puzzled by altitude sickness
- 4 cruises now coming/going from San Antonio instead of Valparaiso
- 5 Brazil
- 6 Visa for Brazil/canadian applying/Help!!!!
- 7 Palermo-Soho Hotel in Buenos Aires?
- 8 Best way to get from airport in Santiago to Ibis hotel in Valparaiso
- 9 Peru Trip for the Family
- 10 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 11 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 12 Patagonia itinerary advice
- 13 1.5 days in Rio
- 14 If it's Tuesday, it must be Patagonia...need itinerary help
- 15 Galapagos tours
- 16 Authentic Peruvian Community
- 17 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 18 Patagonia Hike/Travel/Explore
- 19 2 weeks trip
- 20 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 21 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 22 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 23 Where to stay in Bariloche
- 24 WEBJET
- 25 Iguazu and Iguaçu