Am looking into heading from Corrientes to Esteros del Ibera (Colonia Pellegrini) via Mercedes... and then trying to head from there to Posadas. I've read the road from Colonia Pellegrini isn't great and that it depends on rain.
Just had a couple of questions:
1. What are these routes like in July or August?
2. I may be traveling alone or with one other person. Are ride shares a possibility from Mercedes? Or if not, how much would hiring a private 4WD cost?
3. How long is this drive typically if using a 4WD instead of the bus, which I know is an option but also requires more free time?
4. Same thing - what would be cost of 4WD from Colonia Pellegrini to Posadas?
I hesitate to ask the "is this safe" question because I'm sure it's fine, but traveling potentially as a solo female just wanted to know about this route and security... for example, do hotels in Colonia Pellegrini offer private 4WD themselves, so I'm not just getting into a random car in Mercedes?
Thanks for any help/advice.
Corrientes - Esteros del Ibera - Posadas
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 2 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 3 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 4 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 5 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 6 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 7 Quito trip review with Gate 1 Travel
- 8 2 weeks in Argentina
- 9 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 10 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 11 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 12 Back to South America
- 13 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 14 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 15 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 16 JW Marriott Lima
- 17 Trip Report - Very Long
- 18 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 19 Quito recommendations
- 20 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 21 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 22 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 23 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 24 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 25 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service