Am looking into heading from Corrientes to Esteros del Ibera (Colonia Pellegrini) via Mercedes... and then trying to head from there to Posadas. I've read the road from Colonia Pellegrini isn't great and that it depends on rain.
Just had a couple of questions:
1. What are these routes like in July or August?
2. I may be traveling alone or with one other person. Are ride shares a possibility from Mercedes? Or if not, how much would hiring a private 4WD cost?
3. How long is this drive typically if using a 4WD instead of the bus, which I know is an option but also requires more free time?
4. Same thing - what would be cost of 4WD from Colonia Pellegrini to Posadas?
I hesitate to ask the "is this safe" question because I'm sure it's fine, but traveling potentially as a solo female just wanted to know about this route and security... for example, do hotels in Colonia Pellegrini offer private 4WD themselves, so I'm not just getting into a random car in Mercedes?
Thanks for any help/advice.
Corrientes - Esteros del Ibera - Posadas
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 2 Trip Report - Very Long
- 3 JW Marriott Lima
- 4 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 5 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 6 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 7 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 8 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 9 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 10 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 11 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 12 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 13 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 14 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 15 Quito recommendations
- 16 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 17 Ecuador-tour guides
- 18 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 19 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 20 lima airport transport
- 21 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 22 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 23 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 24 Argentina currency
- 25 Traveling to Peru for two weeks... Itinerary suggestions needed!!