Am looking into heading from Corrientes to Esteros del Ibera (Colonia Pellegrini) via Mercedes... and then trying to head from there to Posadas. I've read the road from Colonia Pellegrini isn't great and that it depends on rain.
Just had a couple of questions:
1. What are these routes like in July or August?
2. I may be traveling alone or with one other person. Are ride shares a possibility from Mercedes? Or if not, how much would hiring a private 4WD cost?
3. How long is this drive typically if using a 4WD instead of the bus, which I know is an option but also requires more free time?
4. Same thing - what would be cost of 4WD from Colonia Pellegrini to Posadas?
I hesitate to ask the "is this safe" question because I'm sure it's fine, but traveling potentially as a solo female just wanted to know about this route and security... for example, do hotels in Colonia Pellegrini offer private 4WD themselves, so I'm not just getting into a random car in Mercedes?
Thanks for any help/advice.
Corrientes - Esteros del Ibera - Posadas
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 2 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 3 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 4 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 5 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 6 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 7 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 8 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 9 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 10 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 11 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 12 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 13 Private sightseeing
- 14 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 15 Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York
- 16 Honeymoon 9 Days in South America
- 17 argentina & brazil
- 18 Argentina-country's financial woes impact a trip?
- 19 private sightseeing
- 20 private tour options
- 21 Currency Woes
- 22 Trek/Tour companies recommendations
- 23 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 24 Argentina Holiday Help
- 25 Santos Simon Joalheiros BEWARE JEWELRY FRAUD SCAM