Am looking into heading from Corrientes to Esteros del Ibera (Colonia Pellegrini) via Mercedes... and then trying to head from there to Posadas. I've read the road from Colonia Pellegrini isn't great and that it depends on rain.
Just had a couple of questions:
1. What are these routes like in July or August?
2. I may be traveling alone or with one other person. Are ride shares a possibility from Mercedes? Or if not, how much would hiring a private 4WD cost?
3. How long is this drive typically if using a 4WD instead of the bus, which I know is an option but also requires more free time?
4. Same thing - what would be cost of 4WD from Colonia Pellegrini to Posadas?
I hesitate to ask the "is this safe" question because I'm sure it's fine, but traveling potentially as a solo female just wanted to know about this route and security... for example, do hotels in Colonia Pellegrini offer private 4WD themselves, so I'm not just getting into a random car in Mercedes?
Thanks for any help/advice.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 2 Colombia, best adventures for birthday.
- 3 Mom wants to go to cusco/macchu picchu in 5 days - impossible?
- 4 Bariloche and San Martin de los Andes
- 5 Bariloche rafting trips
- 6 Argentina &TDP-8th-18th April.
- 7 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 8 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 9 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 10 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 11 Safety warning?
- 12 Iguazu falls logistics
- 13 Packing for Chile in November
- 14 Lima stopover
- 15 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 16 Amazon side trip
- 17 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 18 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 19 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 20 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 21 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 22 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 23 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 24 Santiago - where to stay?
- 25 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego