Am looking into heading from Corrientes to Esteros del Ibera (Colonia Pellegrini) via Mercedes... and then trying to head from there to Posadas. I've read the road from Colonia Pellegrini isn't great and that it depends on rain.
Just had a couple of questions:
1. What are these routes like in July or August?
2. I may be traveling alone or with one other person. Are ride shares a possibility from Mercedes? Or if not, how much would hiring a private 4WD cost?
3. How long is this drive typically if using a 4WD instead of the bus, which I know is an option but also requires more free time?
4. Same thing - what would be cost of 4WD from Colonia Pellegrini to Posadas?
I hesitate to ask the "is this safe" question because I'm sure it's fine, but traveling potentially as a solo female just wanted to know about this route and security... for example, do hotels in Colonia Pellegrini offer private 4WD themselves, so I'm not just getting into a random car in Mercedes?
Thanks for any help/advice.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru in December
- 2 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 3 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 4 Tarapoto
- 5 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 6 Transportation: Cusco Airport to Ollantaytamba train station
- 7 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia
- 8 Buenos Aires/Argentina 10+ Day, Solo Woman Traveler
- 9 Antarctica on the Vavilov-How to book?
- 10 Machu Picchu - any good hiking guide companies?
- 11 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 12 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 13 Need some help in getting started-first vacation to South America!
- 14 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 15 Packing for Galapagos Cruise - Lessons Learned
- 16 Campinas and Natal help
- 17 Ecuador Haciendas and Weather
- 18 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 19 Uruguay for wildlife
- 20 A month in Argentina--what would you do?
- 21 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 22 45 days in Colombia - Our Experience
- 23 Ecuador safe travel
- 24 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 25 South America this October