Am looking into heading from Corrientes to Esteros del Ibera (Colonia Pellegrini) via Mercedes... and then trying to head from there to Posadas. I've read the road from Colonia Pellegrini isn't great and that it depends on rain.
Just had a couple of questions:
1. What are these routes like in July or August?
2. I may be traveling alone or with one other person. Are ride shares a possibility from Mercedes? Or if not, how much would hiring a private 4WD cost?
3. How long is this drive typically if using a 4WD instead of the bus, which I know is an option but also requires more free time?
4. Same thing - what would be cost of 4WD from Colonia Pellegrini to Posadas?
I hesitate to ask the "is this safe" question because I'm sure it's fine, but traveling potentially as a solo female just wanted to know about this route and security... for example, do hotels in Colonia Pellegrini offer private 4WD themselves, so I'm not just getting into a random car in Mercedes?
Thanks for any help/advice.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 1.800.841.6436 call netflix cutomer support phone number
- 2 1-800-841-6436 netflix technical support phone number
- 3 Keeping yoga leading of your schedule seem of great help
- 4 ((1 800 841 6436 ))
- 5 Destination Recommendation (w/ specifics)
- 6 Wha to expect from Cartagena, Colombia.
- 7 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 8 Amazon, OIlantaytambo, Colca Canyon, Pacasmay and About
- 9 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 10 El Calafate excursions
- 11 Ecuador earthquake
- 12 Peru & Ecuador
- 13 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 14 Our 2016 South America Trip
- 15 Peru - Chinchero questions
- 16 Mendoza airport will be closed: Sept- Dec
- 17 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 18 Stray Dogs?
- 19 Salkantay trek
- 20 Iquitos vs Manu Peru Amazon
- 21 Visiting Alagoas or Boipeba
- 22 Need suggestions about 7 days Cusco itinerary
- 23 Enrico Poli Collection
- 24 Request for Galapagos Itinerary Assistance
- 25 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?