I am planning to be in Chile in August for about 2 weeks with my husband. I would like to do Easter Island for 4 or 5 days, the San Pedro de Atacama area, Santiago, Valparaiso and some wine country exploration. What is the drive from Valparaiso to the Colchagua Valley Wine area like? We like to rent a car when possible and use local guides. Where would this work for us and when would it be better to do local tours? Can anyone recommend local guides for these areas? How difficult is it if we don't speak Spanish? Finally, what kind of weather can we expect? Any responses to my many questions would be helpful. Thanks
Chile itinerary for August for English only speakers
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 2 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 3 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 4 1 day in Rio
- 5 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 6 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 7 Solo female travelling around South America
- 8 Bariloche car rental
- 9 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 10 Galapagos Islands
- 11 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 12 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 13 Day trip to Paracas
- 14 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 15 Peru trip
- 16 Amazon Manaus Tour Guides
- 17 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 18 Chile or Chile/Argentina - 3 Itinerary Ideas, Can't Decide!
- 19 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 20 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 21 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 22 Mendoza - Wine Lodges robberies
- 23 Logistics for visit to Lake Titicaca
- 24 Peru: Machu Picchu Cusco itinerary help
- 25 Need help with planning a six-week trip?