Just did a search on the forum, didn't see anything recent in regards to cell phone and sim card use in Chile/South America. Looking for advice, thanks in advance.
Need to be reachable by phone (voice service) in Chile for two weeks, I've been told by Verizon that my Verizon/Android device can be used for wifi and texting but no voice service while in Chile.
SIM Card Only
I have never done the SIM card change with my device, any suggestions on that? Are those available in the airport upon arrival? Is there a particular kind/brand to get? Tips and tricks on how to buy? Pitfalls?
Cheap phone and SIM card
I read a couple of European cell phone use threads where people buy cheap phones in the US and then get SIM cards upon arrival. Anyone experience hiccups with that approach in South America? Any other tips and tricks there?
Chile cell phone and sim card advice needed
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 2 Lodge in Pantanal
- 3 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 4 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 5 I need peanut butter, but I'm in Argentina.
- 6 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 7 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 8 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 9 Cell phone in Brazil
- 10 10 Full Days in Peru
- 11 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 12 10 day itinerary questions
- 13 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 14 Please comment on this 8 week itinerary (Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru)!
- 15 Iguazu Falls for a single woman?
- 16 ATM San Pedro de Atacama
- 17 Santiago 2 days
- 18 Galapogas: Short tour vs long tour
- 19 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 20 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 21 Quito Airport Hotels?
- 22 10 day in peru
- 23 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 24 Galapogas Islands - when to go?
- 25 Mendoza