Just did a search on the forum, didn't see anything recent in regards to cell phone and sim card use in Chile/South America. Looking for advice, thanks in advance.
Need to be reachable by phone (voice service) in Chile for two weeks, I've been told by Verizon that my Verizon/Android device can be used for wifi and texting but no voice service while in Chile.
SIM Card Only
I have never done the SIM card change with my device, any suggestions on that? Are those available in the airport upon arrival? Is there a particular kind/brand to get? Tips and tricks on how to buy? Pitfalls?
Cheap phone and SIM card
I read a couple of European cell phone use threads where people buy cheap phones in the US and then get SIM cards upon arrival. Anyone experience hiccups with that approach in South America? Any other tips and tricks there?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://healthnbeautyfacts.com/hl-slim-pro/
- 2 salkantay trek
- 3 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 4 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 5 Rainbow mountain trek
- 6 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 7 Cusco/Machu Picchu Trip
- 8 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 9 Huayhuash Circuit in May - good-value trekking companies
- 10 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 11 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 12 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 13 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 14 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 15 Iquitos
- 16 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 17 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 18 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 19 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 20 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 21 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 22 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 23 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 24 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 25 Agency to purchase tickets to US