Just did a search on the forum, didn't see anything recent in regards to cell phone and sim card use in Chile/South America. Looking for advice, thanks in advance.
Need to be reachable by phone (voice service) in Chile for two weeks, I've been told by Verizon that my Verizon/Android device can be used for wifi and texting but no voice service while in Chile.
SIM Card Only
I have never done the SIM card change with my device, any suggestions on that? Are those available in the airport upon arrival? Is there a particular kind/brand to get? Tips and tricks on how to buy? Pitfalls?
Cheap phone and SIM card
I read a couple of European cell phone use threads where people buy cheap phones in the US and then get SIM cards upon arrival. Anyone experience hiccups with that approach in South America? Any other tips and tricks there?
Chile cell phone and sim card advice needed
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip Report - Very Long
- 2 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 3 Heart of the Inca
- 4 Connection in Lima, practical for 3 hours?
- 5 Wet suits in Galapagos
- 6 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 7 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 8 Senior Citizen's wonderful trip to Sacred Valley thanks to Great Tour Guide
- 9 Tupiza to Tilcara
- 10 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 11 8 Days in Peru
- 12 Hostels in Oruro during Carnaval?
- 13 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 14 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 15 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 16 Transportation in Ecuador
- 17 NW of Argentina
- 18 adventure tour on the Amazon
- 19 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 20 Ten days in Ecuador
- 21 amazon jungle trips
- 22 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 23 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 24 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 25 Dollars, sols or credit cards in Peru?