Just did a search on the forum, didn't see anything recent in regards to cell phone and sim card use in Chile/South America. Looking for advice, thanks in advance.
Need to be reachable by phone (voice service) in Chile for two weeks, I've been told by Verizon that my Verizon/Android device can be used for wifi and texting but no voice service while in Chile.
SIM Card Only
I have never done the SIM card change with my device, any suggestions on that? Are those available in the airport upon arrival? Is there a particular kind/brand to get? Tips and tricks on how to buy? Pitfalls?
Cheap phone and SIM card
I read a couple of European cell phone use threads where people buy cheap phones in the US and then get SIM cards upon arrival. Anyone experience hiccups with that approach in South America? Any other tips and tricks there?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 HP @ Printer Error CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:68I:7208 Technical SUPP0RT CAre*
- 2 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 3 Renting a car in Patagonia
- 4 Avianca business class
- 5 Suenos Aires, Argentina vs Lisbon, Portugal
- 6 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 7 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 8 No exit stamp from Brazil, no entry stamp in Paraguay, help!!
- 9 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 10 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 11 Can a Europhile Find Happiness in Argentina and Chile?
- 12 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 13 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 14 How many days in Medellin area?
- 15 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 16 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 17 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 18 Peru Trip for the Family
- 19 Pisco sours
- 20 Huayhuash Trecking 8-16th of july
- 21 Medellin, Colombia - Great Driver
- 22 Looking For Intensive Spanish Immersion Course
- 23 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 24 Machu Picchu changes its entry schedule
- 25 Lodging by Medellin Airport