Just did a search on the forum, didn't see anything recent in regards to cell phone and sim card use in Chile/South America. Looking for advice, thanks in advance.
Need to be reachable by phone (voice service) in Chile for two weeks, I've been told by Verizon that my Verizon/Android device can be used for wifi and texting but no voice service while in Chile.
SIM Card Only
I have never done the SIM card change with my device, any suggestions on that? Are those available in the airport upon arrival? Is there a particular kind/brand to get? Tips and tricks on how to buy? Pitfalls?
Cheap phone and SIM card
I read a couple of European cell phone use threads where people buy cheap phones in the US and then get SIM cards upon arrival. Anyone experience hiccups with that approach in South America? Any other tips and tricks there?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Asuncion to Buenos Aires
- 2 Place to Stay in Latacunga, Ecuador
- 3 Ten Days in Chile - TdP and Atacama
- 4 Packing for 8 Days in Ecuador
- 5 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 6 Weight limits on Peru trains
- 7 Travel Agency in Peru - Deborah Ferrari
- 8 Buying entrance tickets to Machu Picchu - online not working
- 9 Has anyone taken the 3:30am Cruz del Sur bus out of Lima?
- 10 Senior Travelers to Galapagos
- 11 Yohan, Why Not Suriname
- 12 Booking Galapagos accommodation upon arrival in the high season
- 13 Drawing money at ATMs in Brazil
- 14 Best Galapagos cruise itinerary when combining with land trips
- 15 Train to Aguas Calientes
- 16 help with a trip to south america
- 17 Restaurant ideas in Lima for my birthday
- 18 Mistura - anyone been?
- 19 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 20 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 21 Jungle Lodge Brazil
- 22 Tickets to enter Machu Picchu
- 23 Ups and downs of our trip to Peru--from Machu Picchu to LIM airport floor
- 24 Other cities to visit in Brazil other than RIO
- 25 Trip to the Amazon!