Just did a search on the forum, didn't see anything recent in regards to cell phone and sim card use in Chile/South America. Looking for advice, thanks in advance.
Need to be reachable by phone (voice service) in Chile for two weeks, I've been told by Verizon that my Verizon/Android device can be used for wifi and texting but no voice service while in Chile.
SIM Card Only
I have never done the SIM card change with my device, any suggestions on that? Are those available in the airport upon arrival? Is there a particular kind/brand to get? Tips and tricks on how to buy? Pitfalls?
Cheap phone and SIM card
I read a couple of European cell phone use threads where people buy cheap phones in the US and then get SIM cards upon arrival. Anyone experience hiccups with that approach in South America? Any other tips and tricks there?
Chile cell phone and sim card advice needed
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 2 Peruvian Amazon
- 3 10 days in Argentina
- 4 driving to salvador
- 5 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 6 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 7 Peru, help cutting costs
- 8 cartagena , columbia
- 9 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 10 Peru Itinerary Help
- 11 One spare day in our itinerary - where should it go?
- 12 february/march- where to go?
- 13 10 days backpacking in Peru
- 14 Antofogasta or Calama ? And which month ?
- 15 Birding in Mindo
- 16 Iguazu accomodation
- 17 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 18 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 19 El Calafate/Torres del Paine 7 day Itinerary Help
- 20 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 21 Driving Advice for El Calafate to Torres Del Paine in early October
- 22 Peru: a month travel in February
- 23 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 24 Trip to Machu Picchu, Amazing Place!!!
- 25 Off the beaten track