Just did a search on the forum, didn't see anything recent in regards to cell phone and sim card use in Chile/South America. Looking for advice, thanks in advance.
Need to be reachable by phone (voice service) in Chile for two weeks, I've been told by Verizon that my Verizon/Android device can be used for wifi and texting but no voice service while in Chile.
SIM Card Only
I have never done the SIM card change with my device, any suggestions on that? Are those available in the airport upon arrival? Is there a particular kind/brand to get? Tips and tricks on how to buy? Pitfalls?
Cheap phone and SIM card
I read a couple of European cell phone use threads where people buy cheap phones in the US and then get SIM cards upon arrival. Anyone experience hiccups with that approach in South America? Any other tips and tricks there?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://megacleanseradvice.com/postdrox-reviews/
- 2 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 3 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 4 Southern Bolivia from Northwest Argentina?
- 5 Expat meet up.
- 6 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 7 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 8 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 9 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 10 Exciting Times in Colombia
- 11 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 12 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 13 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 14 Sixty days in Colombia
- 15 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 16 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 17 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 18 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 19 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 20 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 21 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 22 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 23 Booking sites - HELP! Don't want to be scammed
- 24 summer olympics in Rio
- 25 2 Weeks in Rio in Nov End