Just did a search on the forum, didn't see anything recent in regards to cell phone and sim card use in Chile/South America. Looking for advice, thanks in advance.
Need to be reachable by phone (voice service) in Chile for two weeks, I've been told by Verizon that my Verizon/Android device can be used for wifi and texting but no voice service while in Chile.
SIM Card Only
I have never done the SIM card change with my device, any suggestions on that? Are those available in the airport upon arrival? Is there a particular kind/brand to get? Tips and tricks on how to buy? Pitfalls?
Cheap phone and SIM card
I read a couple of European cell phone use threads where people buy cheap phones in the US and then get SIM cards upon arrival. Anyone experience hiccups with that approach in South America? Any other tips and tricks there?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 MP and Torres del Paine on same trip?
- 2 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 3 Cajamarca
- 4 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 5 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 6 Patagonia - Equipment
- 7 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 8 Chile or Argentina?
- 9 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 10 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 11 Nazca Lines from Pisco or Ica Airport?
- 12 Chile cell phone and sim card advice needed
- 13 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 14 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 15 Flights to Northern Peru
- 16 Santiago neighborhood
- 17 Hotels in San Pedro de Atacama?
- 18 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 19 Backroads or Nat Geo hiking Patagonia
- 20 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 21 CasaCor Lima 2016
- 22 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 23 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 24 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 25 Steak house rec in Buenos Aires near Recoleta