Just did a search on the forum, didn't see anything recent in regards to cell phone and sim card use in Chile/South America. Looking for advice, thanks in advance.
Need to be reachable by phone (voice service) in Chile for two weeks, I've been told by Verizon that my Verizon/Android device can be used for wifi and texting but no voice service while in Chile.
SIM Card Only
I have never done the SIM card change with my device, any suggestions on that? Are those available in the airport upon arrival? Is there a particular kind/brand to get? Tips and tricks on how to buy? Pitfalls?
Cheap phone and SIM card
I read a couple of European cell phone use threads where people buy cheap phones in the US and then get SIM cards upon arrival. Anyone experience hiccups with that approach in South America? Any other tips and tricks there?
Chile cell phone and sim card advice needed
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 1st Time Trip to Peru - Please Comment on Our Itenerary
- 2 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 3 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 4 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 5 aerolineas airlines impossible to work with
- 6 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 7 Surfing in Lima
- 8 Amaszonas is adding new Destinations
- 9 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 10 Argentina vs Chile
- 11 Peru- how much pre-reserving/pre-planning?
- 12 Travel agents/agency for South America travel
- 13 Advice, recommendations and guidance
- 14 Machu pichu, anybody know where to find route
- 15 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 16 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 17 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 18 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 19 Christmas in Cusco
- 20 Cartagena: enough for 4-6 days?
- 21 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 22 transportation in Brazil
- 23 Patagonia Chile
- 24 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 25 Easter Island flight delays?