Just did a search on the forum, didn't see anything recent in regards to cell phone and sim card use in Chile/South America. Looking for advice, thanks in advance.
Need to be reachable by phone (voice service) in Chile for two weeks, I've been told by Verizon that my Verizon/Android device can be used for wifi and texting but no voice service while in Chile.
SIM Card Only
I have never done the SIM card change with my device, any suggestions on that? Are those available in the airport upon arrival? Is there a particular kind/brand to get? Tips and tricks on how to buy? Pitfalls?
Cheap phone and SIM card
I read a couple of European cell phone use threads where people buy cheap phones in the US and then get SIM cards upon arrival. Anyone experience hiccups with that approach in South America? Any other tips and tricks there?
Chile cell phone and sim card advice needed
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 2 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 3 argentina & brazil
- 4 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 5 Brazilian music
- 6 Christmas in Cusco
- 7 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 8 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 9 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 10 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 11 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 12 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 13 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 14 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 15 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 16 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 17 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 18 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 19 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 20 Private sightseeing
- 21 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 22 Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York
- 23 Honeymoon 9 Days in South America
- 24 Argentina-country's financial woes impact a trip?
- 25 private sightseeing