Just did a search on the forum, didn't see anything recent in regards to cell phone and sim card use in Chile/South America. Looking for advice, thanks in advance.
Need to be reachable by phone (voice service) in Chile for two weeks, I've been told by Verizon that my Verizon/Android device can be used for wifi and texting but no voice service while in Chile.
SIM Card Only
I have never done the SIM card change with my device, any suggestions on that? Are those available in the airport upon arrival? Is there a particular kind/brand to get? Tips and tricks on how to buy? Pitfalls?
Cheap phone and SIM card
I read a couple of European cell phone use threads where people buy cheap phones in the US and then get SIM cards upon arrival. Anyone experience hiccups with that approach in South America? Any other tips and tricks there?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 TPLINK ROUTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT TPLINK Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Argentina (Chile?)
- 3 South American Mix: Easter Island, Machu Picchu, Rio & the Pantanal
- 4 Steaks and Tango - Suggestions Please
- 5 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 6 Buenos Aires for a month?
- 7 Cartegena - beach or centre for a week?
- 8 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 9 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 10 What to skip in Argentina
- 11 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 12 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 13 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 14 40th Birthday Trip: Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, Amazon
- 15 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 16 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 17 Itineraries
- 18 Advice on Chile itinerary
- 19 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 20 Itinerary Help Argentina Chile Patagonia in 23 days
- 21 Torres Del Paine - total 2 weeks in Chile
- 22 Please help with Peru itinerary
- 23 Machu picchu with a toddler and baby
- 24 3.5 days in Rio
- 25 Iguaçu Falls fast trip