Just did a search on the forum, didn't see anything recent in regards to cell phone and sim card use in Chile/South America. Looking for advice, thanks in advance.
Need to be reachable by phone (voice service) in Chile for two weeks, I've been told by Verizon that my Verizon/Android device can be used for wifi and texting but no voice service while in Chile.
SIM Card Only
I have never done the SIM card change with my device, any suggestions on that? Are those available in the airport upon arrival? Is there a particular kind/brand to get? Tips and tricks on how to buy? Pitfalls?
Cheap phone and SIM card
I read a couple of European cell phone use threads where people buy cheap phones in the US and then get SIM cards upon arrival. Anyone experience hiccups with that approach in South America? Any other tips and tricks there?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Hotmail Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:570 :1233 Hotmail 24*7
- 2 How many days in Medellin area?
- 3 Machu Picchu changes its entry schedule
- 4 Lodging by Medellin Airport
- 5 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 6 Finding a group to hike with
- 7 Buenos Aires, Patagonia hike, Uraguay beach and Iguazu idea feedback needed
- 8 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 9 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 10 Chilean Travel Agent Suggestions Needed
- 11 Galapagus July
- 12 The Atacama Desert
- 13 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 14 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 15 2 day Inca Trek and a fear of exposure/heights
- 16 1 day for Iguazu Falls (I know, but that's all she has)
- 17 Pisco sours
- 18 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 19 Last min cruise to the Galapagos
- 20 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 21 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 22 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!
- 23 Help needed with itinerary for Argentina and Chile
- 24 2 Weeks in Cusco Itinerary
- 25 Huacachina, Peru