Just did a search on the forum, didn't see anything recent in regards to cell phone and sim card use in Chile/South America. Looking for advice, thanks in advance.
Need to be reachable by phone (voice service) in Chile for two weeks, I've been told by Verizon that my Verizon/Android device can be used for wifi and texting but no voice service while in Chile.
SIM Card Only
I have never done the SIM card change with my device, any suggestions on that? Are those available in the airport upon arrival? Is there a particular kind/brand to get? Tips and tricks on how to buy? Pitfalls?
Cheap phone and SIM card
I read a couple of European cell phone use threads where people buy cheap phones in the US and then get SIM cards upon arrival. Anyone experience hiccups with that approach in South America? Any other tips and tricks there?
Chile cell phone and sim card advice needed
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 1 day in Rio
- 2 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 3 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 4 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 5 Solo female travelling around South America
- 6 Bariloche car rental
- 7 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 8 Galapagos Islands
- 9 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 10 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 11 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 12 Day trip to Paracas
- 13 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 14 Peru trip
- 15 Amazon Manaus Tour Guides
- 16 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 17 Chile or Chile/Argentina - 3 Itinerary Ideas, Can't Decide!
- 18 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 19 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 20 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 21 Mendoza - Wine Lodges robberies
- 22 Logistics for visit to Lake Titicaca
- 23 Peru: Machu Picchu Cusco itinerary help
- 24 Need help with planning a six-week trip?
- 25 Mendoza to Bariloche