Just did a search on the forum, didn't see anything recent in regards to cell phone and sim card use in Chile/South America. Looking for advice, thanks in advance.
Need to be reachable by phone (voice service) in Chile for two weeks, I've been told by Verizon that my Verizon/Android device can be used for wifi and texting but no voice service while in Chile.
SIM Card Only
I have never done the SIM card change with my device, any suggestions on that? Are those available in the airport upon arrival? Is there a particular kind/brand to get? Tips and tricks on how to buy? Pitfalls?
Cheap phone and SIM card
I read a couple of European cell phone use threads where people buy cheap phones in the US and then get SIM cards upon arrival. Anyone experience hiccups with that approach in South America? Any other tips and tricks there?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Going to Peru with 2 kids (9 and 12yrs)
- 2 8 days in Ecudor
- 3 Northeast Brazil
- 4 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 5 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 6 Lima, Peru - Travel Report
- 7 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 8 Galapagos - Family Wildlife Tours
- 9 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 10 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 11 Going to Machu Pichu with 4 children
- 12 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 13 James Frazer-Mann - Trying to book El Chalten via Plataforma10 ?
- 14 Adventures / full of experince tours in the Ecuadorians
- 15 Lima - driver for hire
- 16 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 17 OK one final question - concerns AEP!
- 18 Iguazu Falls Couple Last Minute Questions!
- 19 First trip to Argentina - should we just stay in Buenos Aires?
- 20 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 21 Booking Treks in Cusco?
- 22 Best Hostels Cusco?
- 23 ONE WEEK IN COLOMBIA
- 24 Itinerary help
- 25 Itinerary help