Just did a search on the forum, didn't see anything recent in regards to cell phone and sim card use in Chile/South America. Looking for advice, thanks in advance.
Need to be reachable by phone (voice service) in Chile for two weeks, I've been told by Verizon that my Verizon/Android device can be used for wifi and texting but no voice service while in Chile.
SIM Card Only
I have never done the SIM card change with my device, any suggestions on that? Are those available in the airport upon arrival? Is there a particular kind/brand to get? Tips and tricks on how to buy? Pitfalls?
Cheap phone and SIM card
I read a couple of European cell phone use threads where people buy cheap phones in the US and then get SIM cards upon arrival. Anyone experience hiccups with that approach in South America? Any other tips and tricks there?
Chile cell phone and sim card advice needed
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 2 Guide and car for day in Quito
- 3 Peru, Amazon, Brazil... best solo? Tour?
- 4 Language school in Antigua or Quetzaltenango
- 5 TDP in August
- 6 Peru in December
- 7 Quito: Old city or new?
- 8 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 9 amazon jungle trips
- 10 Amazon Cruise
- 11 3 Full Days in Iguazu?
- 12 Trip with my boyfriend to the Brazilian city of São Paulo!
- 13 Brazil for Carnival
- 14 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 15 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 16 Last 2 weeks
- 17 10 nights in Argentina
- 18 Flight to El Calafate for one day
- 19 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 20 Sobering Film
- 21 Travel to Peru with my 5 best friends!
- 22 Estancias Outside Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 23 Peru- making up a small 50+ group
- 24 Machu Picchu First?
- 25 Rosh Hashanah