Just did a search on the forum, didn't see anything recent in regards to cell phone and sim card use in Chile/South America. Looking for advice, thanks in advance.
Need to be reachable by phone (voice service) in Chile for two weeks, I've been told by Verizon that my Verizon/Android device can be used for wifi and texting but no voice service while in Chile.
SIM Card Only
I have never done the SIM card change with my device, any suggestions on that? Are those available in the airport upon arrival? Is there a particular kind/brand to get? Tips and tricks on how to buy? Pitfalls?
Cheap phone and SIM card
I read a couple of European cell phone use threads where people buy cheap phones in the US and then get SIM cards upon arrival. Anyone experience hiccups with that approach in South America? Any other tips and tricks there?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Visiting Buenos Aires
- 2 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 3 BA & Patagonia - 9 days in November
- 4 First Time in Argentina and Brazil - Buenos Aires and Rio questions
- 5 Visiting Medellin
- 6 Galapagos: Land based visit + short cruise - opinions appreciated!
- 7 Walking sticks for Machu Picchu?
- 8 Video Report: Argentina, Patagonia Part 1
- 9 brazil beach vacation.... or will get mugged?
- 10 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 11 CasaCor Peru October 2015
- 12 Chile in February and March
- 13 5/6 Hour Layover in Santiago - Advice Please
- 14 Rio and Iguacu
- 15 3 weeks to travel
- 16 Galapagos Island
- 17 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 18 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 19 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 20 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 21 October - March 2016 in South or Central America
- 22 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 23 Peru Best Tours
- 24 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 25 Brasilia Airport - Need Reassurance!