Just did a search on the forum, didn't see anything recent in regards to cell phone and sim card use in Chile/South America. Looking for advice, thanks in advance.
Need to be reachable by phone (voice service) in Chile for two weeks, I've been told by Verizon that my Verizon/Android device can be used for wifi and texting but no voice service while in Chile.
SIM Card Only
I have never done the SIM card change with my device, any suggestions on that? Are those available in the airport upon arrival? Is there a particular kind/brand to get? Tips and tricks on how to buy? Pitfalls?
Cheap phone and SIM card
I read a couple of European cell phone use threads where people buy cheap phones in the US and then get SIM cards upon arrival. Anyone experience hiccups with that approach in South America? Any other tips and tricks there?
Chile cell phone and sim card advice needed
- 1 Iquitos, Gateway to the Peruvian Amazon rain forest
- 2 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 3 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 4 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 5 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 6 8 Days in Brazil
- 7 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 8 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 9 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 10 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 11 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 12 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 13 Peru Hop?
- 14 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 15 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 16 Uruguay Re-Do
- 17 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 18 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 19 More suggested reading
- 20 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 21 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 22 Bariloche over XMas
- 23 Quark Expeditions 50% off sale - Antarctica 2014
- 24 Traveling with a Computer?
- 25 Christmas Day in Buenos Aires