Just did a search on the forum, didn't see anything recent in regards to cell phone and sim card use in Chile/South America. Looking for advice, thanks in advance.
Need to be reachable by phone (voice service) in Chile for two weeks, I've been told by Verizon that my Verizon/Android device can be used for wifi and texting but no voice service while in Chile.
SIM Card Only
I have never done the SIM card change with my device, any suggestions on that? Are those available in the airport upon arrival? Is there a particular kind/brand to get? Tips and tricks on how to buy? Pitfalls?
Cheap phone and SIM card
I read a couple of European cell phone use threads where people buy cheap phones in the US and then get SIM cards upon arrival. Anyone experience hiccups with that approach in South America? Any other tips and tricks there?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 2 christmas in buenos aires
- 3 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 4 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 5 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 6 Best Latin American countries!
- 7 Peru in Late February?
- 8 Sao Paulo
- 9 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 10 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 11 Salud !
- 12 Cartagena
- 13 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 14 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 15 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 16 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 17 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 18 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 19 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 20 Galapagos Island
- 21 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 22 Puno to Lima
- 23 Solmar Tours in Peru
- 24 opinions on itinerary flow
- 25 If it's Tuesday, this must be...Nicaragua, the Peruvian Amazon, or Colombia