Just did a search on the forum, didn't see anything recent in regards to cell phone and sim card use in Chile/South America. Looking for advice, thanks in advance.
Need to be reachable by phone (voice service) in Chile for two weeks, I've been told by Verizon that my Verizon/Android device can be used for wifi and texting but no voice service while in Chile.
SIM Card Only
I have never done the SIM card change with my device, any suggestions on that? Are those available in the airport upon arrival? Is there a particular kind/brand to get? Tips and tricks on how to buy? Pitfalls?
Cheap phone and SIM card
I read a couple of European cell phone use threads where people buy cheap phones in the US and then get SIM cards upon arrival. Anyone experience hiccups with that approach in South America? Any other tips and tricks there?
Chile cell phone and sim card advice needed
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 2 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 3 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 4 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 5 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 6 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 7 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 8 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 9 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 10 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 11 Quito recommendations
- 12 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 13 Ecuador-tour guides
- 14 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 15 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 16 lima airport transport
- 17 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 18 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 19 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 20 Argentina currency
- 21 Traveling to Peru for two weeks... Itinerary suggestions needed!!
- 22 End in sight for Chile reciprocity fee
- 23 Fishing near Iguazu Falls?
- 24 Seeking Tips for Upcoming Trip to Rio, Iguazu and Buenos Aires
- 25 Macchu Picchu - Going Solo?