Just did a search on the forum, didn't see anything recent in regards to cell phone and sim card use in Chile/South America. Looking for advice, thanks in advance.
Need to be reachable by phone (voice service) in Chile for two weeks, I've been told by Verizon that my Verizon/Android device can be used for wifi and texting but no voice service while in Chile.
SIM Card Only
I have never done the SIM card change with my device, any suggestions on that? Are those available in the airport upon arrival? Is there a particular kind/brand to get? Tips and tricks on how to buy? Pitfalls?
Cheap phone and SIM card
I read a couple of European cell phone use threads where people buy cheap phones in the US and then get SIM cards upon arrival. Anyone experience hiccups with that approach in South America? Any other tips and tricks there?
Chile cell phone and sim card advice needed
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Patagonia tour
- 2 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 3 Patagonia tour in April
- 4 Patagonia tour
- 5 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 6 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 7 Travel to Rio de Janeiro
- 8 Brazil: Bonito/Pantanal : Manaus Guide Recommendations
- 9 Best Peru Tours Review Needed
- 10 What phone works in Peru and Ecuador
- 11 Help! No Idea Where to Go.
- 12 iguazu falls, macchu Picchu and patagonia?
- 13 Argentina ininerary November 2015
- 14 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 15 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 16 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 17 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 18 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 19 Interesting places to eat in BA?
- 20 Peru and Galapagos Islands Itinerary Feedback and Suggestions
- 21 Help with Patagonia planning
- 22 Peru ?: Machu Picchu & Titicaca
- 23 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 24 Medical Assistance in Brazil
- 25 My (entertertaining & illustrated) advice on the best ever Peru itinerary