We want to take our kids to somewhere in Latin America in late August/early September for about 10 days. Our kids will be about 10 months and 2.5 years. We'd like to avoid lots of flying time so we're thinking the northern parts of South America would be easiest - or somewhere in Central America. Our ideal would be a city by a beach from where we can take a couple of excursions to other cities. Where do you suggest? We've only been to Brazil and are not familiar with any other country in South America.
Child friendly destination?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 2 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 3 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 4 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 5 Fire in Valparaiso
- 6 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 7 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 8 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 9 Ecuador - should we go?
- 10 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 11 Back to South America
- 12 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 13 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 14 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 15 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 16 Driving in Ecuador
- 17 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 18 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 19 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 20 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 21 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 22 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 23 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 24 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 25 Questions re. Machu Picchu