We want to take our kids to somewhere in Latin America in late August/early September for about 10 days. Our kids will be about 10 months and 2.5 years. We'd like to avoid lots of flying time so we're thinking the northern parts of South America would be easiest - or somewhere in Central America. Our ideal would be a city by a beach from where we can take a couple of excursions to other cities. Where do you suggest? We've only been to Brazil and are not familiar with any other country in South America.
Child friendly destination?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 2 Heart of the Inca
- 3 Connection in Lima, practical for 3 hours?
- 4 Wet suits in Galapagos
- 5 Trip Report - Very Long
- 6 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 7 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 8 Senior Citizen's wonderful trip to Sacred Valley thanks to Great Tour Guide
- 9 Tupiza to Tilcara
- 10 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 11 8 Days in Peru
- 12 Hostels in Oruro during Carnaval?
- 13 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 14 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 15 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 16 Transportation in Ecuador
- 17 NW of Argentina
- 18 adventure tour on the Amazon
- 19 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 20 Ten days in Ecuador
- 21 amazon jungle trips
- 22 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 23 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 24 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 25 Dollars, sols or credit cards in Peru?