I'll be travelling in early January (Santiago, Atacama, Torres del Paine, El Calafate and BA), very excited about my first trip. But I heard that especially in BA, it is difficult to use credit cards. I'd like to know what others have experienced and whether I should bring lots of USdollars or rely on ATMs and/or credit cards. Thanks !
Cash/Credit cards in Argentina and Chile
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 2 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 3 JW Marriott Lima
- 4 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 5 Trip Report - Very Long
- 6 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 7 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 8 Quito recommendations
- 9 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 10 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 11 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 12 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 13 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 14 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 15 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 16 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 17 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 18 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 19 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 20 Ecuador-tour guides
- 21 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 22 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 23 lima airport transport
- 24 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 25 Father Daughter Trip to Peru