Can anyone can help me discover the recipe for a fine dinner had at an upmarket, very civilized hotel restaurant in 1975 (yes, I know- most of you were born since then) in Cartagena near the waterfront. It was designed with an open square nestled in the center of the building and the dozen or so floors of rooms were above the dining area arranged on mezzanine-type floors from which one could look down on the diners. The dish was a stuffed squid casserole. There were about 10, 6-inch squid tubes stuffed with chopped tentacles, shrimp and other bits and pieces, baked in a tomato sauce topped with a cheese and crumb gratinée under a boiler. The whole thing was quite a treat. If anyone remembers the restaurant (I know there is not much to go on) or a recipe that might approximate this, please have a go here and I will try it. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 2 Fire in Valparaiso
- 3 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 4 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 5 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 6 Ecuador - should we go?
- 7 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 8 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 9 Back to South America
- 10 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 11 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 12 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 13 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 14 Driving in Ecuador
- 15 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 16 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 17 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 18 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 19 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 20 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 21 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 22 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 23 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 24 Questions re. Machu Picchu
- 25 Tips for 1-2 Month trip to South America in June / July