I'm looking for help on planning my Cartagena itinerary - I land on a Sunday afternoon and depart on a Saturday morning.
i'm thinking of the following:
Sunday - relax & check out some salsa dancing places
Monday - walk the old walled town. Follow frommer's walking tour..see the church/plazas and San Felipe fort.
Tuesday - the volcano mud bath
Wednesday - head to Playa blanca directly - spend the night beachside in a cabana or hammock and return thursday
Thursday - evening return to old town and relax.
Friday - maybe day trip to Park Tayrona? or Santa Marta?
Saturday - depart.
i don't think I can do Tayrona in one day - and if not...can i visit Marta in one day? I think i read the bus ride was 4 hours. So in that case no.
Is there a different way you'd do this itinerary? It's just me and another girlfriend - we enjoy nature, beaches, history, meeting people and adventure. Although physically right now i'm in therapy for some injuries so i'm not looking into any hikes. Only swimming is an option for me at this time!
Cartagena - help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 2 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 3 Quito: Old city or new?
- 4 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 5 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 6 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 7 Bogota
- 8 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 9 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 10 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 11 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 12 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 13 4 weeks in Chile
- 14 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 15 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 16 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 17 Para Ti, Brazil
- 18 Advice needed for Colombia
- 19 Chile and Argentina
- 20 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 21 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 22 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 23 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 24 El valle de Elquí
- 25 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation