I'm looking for help on planning my Cartagena itinerary - I land on a Sunday afternoon and depart on a Saturday morning.
i'm thinking of the following:
Sunday - relax & check out some salsa dancing places
Monday - walk the old walled town. Follow frommer's walking tour..see the church/plazas and San Felipe fort.
Tuesday - the volcano mud bath
Wednesday - head to Playa blanca directly - spend the night beachside in a cabana or hammock and return thursday
Thursday - evening return to old town and relax.
Friday - maybe day trip to Park Tayrona? or Santa Marta?
Saturday - depart.
i don't think I can do Tayrona in one day - and if not...can i visit Marta in one day? I think i read the bus ride was 4 hours. So in that case no.
Is there a different way you'd do this itinerary? It's just me and another girlfriend - we enjoy nature, beaches, history, meeting people and adventure. Although physically right now i'm in therapy for some injuries so i'm not looking into any hikes. Only swimming is an option for me at this time!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Birding in Mindo
- 2 Travelling and volunteer in PERU
- 3 Is four weeks in Equador too much?
- 4 Peru, help cutting costs
- 5 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 6 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 7 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 8 Trip Report: Bogota
- 9 carnival in rio?
- 10 Buenos Aires
- 11 £5000 budget for South America?
- 12 Argentina Trip report
- 13 Water in Peru
- 14 Areas to stay in Rio de Janiero and Buenos Aires
- 15 Travel Agent Recommendation for Patagonia
- 16 Rio to Paraguay and Iguazu Falls advice needed
- 17 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 18 Peru to Salar de Uyuni
- 19 Colchagua Valey
- 20 Do you need passes to see machu picch?
- 21 Planning Trip to Patagonia and Wine Country
- 22 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 23 Travel in Brazil or visit Machu Picchu?
- 24 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 25 Trip Report - Peru - Long