I'm looking for help on planning my Cartagena itinerary - I land on a Sunday afternoon and depart on a Saturday morning.
i'm thinking of the following:
Sunday - relax & check out some salsa dancing places
Monday - walk the old walled town. Follow frommer's walking tour..see the church/plazas and San Felipe fort.
Tuesday - the volcano mud bath
Wednesday - head to Playa blanca directly - spend the night beachside in a cabana or hammock and return thursday
Thursday - evening return to old town and relax.
Friday - maybe day trip to Park Tayrona? or Santa Marta?
Saturday - depart.
i don't think I can do Tayrona in one day - and if not...can i visit Marta in one day? I think i read the bus ride was 4 hours. So in that case no.
Is there a different way you'd do this itinerary? It's just me and another girlfriend - we enjoy nature, beaches, history, meeting people and adventure. Although physically right now i'm in therapy for some injuries so i'm not looking into any hikes. Only swimming is an option for me at this time!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Santiago/Valpo and Machu Pichu in 8 nights?
- 2 Visiting Buenos Aires
- 3 Devil's Nose Train and Riobamba
- 4 Peru---vaccines and tips
- 5 Argentia/Brazil or CapeTown/Seychelles Nov-Dec 2015
- 6 Travel Report For Brazil
- 7 3 weeks to travel
- 8 Living in rural South America
- 9 Bolivia and Peru in 5 weeks
- 10 Video Report: Argentina, Patagonia Part 1
- 11 Final dinner tonight
- 12 Bolivianischen and Peru in 5 weeks
- 13 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 14 BA & Patagonia - 9 days in November
- 15 First Time in Argentina and Brazil - Buenos Aires and Rio questions
- 16 Visiting Medellin
- 17 Galapagos: Land based visit + short cruise - opinions appreciated!
- 18 Walking sticks for Machu Picchu?
- 19 brazil beach vacation.... or will get mugged?
- 20 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 21 CasaCor Peru October 2015
- 22 Chile in February and March
- 23 5/6 Hour Layover in Santiago - Advice Please
- 24 Rio and Iguacu
- 25 Galapagos Island