I'm looking for help on planning my Cartagena itinerary - I land on a Sunday afternoon and depart on a Saturday morning.
i'm thinking of the following:
Sunday - relax & check out some salsa dancing places
Monday - walk the old walled town. Follow frommer's walking tour..see the church/plazas and San Felipe fort.
Tuesday - the volcano mud bath
Wednesday - head to Playa blanca directly - spend the night beachside in a cabana or hammock and return thursday
Thursday - evening return to old town and relax.
Friday - maybe day trip to Park Tayrona? or Santa Marta?
Saturday - depart.
i don't think I can do Tayrona in one day - and if not...can i visit Marta in one day? I think i read the bus ride was 4 hours. So in that case no.
Is there a different way you'd do this itinerary? It's just me and another girlfriend - we enjoy nature, beaches, history, meeting people and adventure. Although physically right now i'm in therapy for some injuries so i'm not looking into any hikes. Only swimming is an option for me at this time!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 salkantay trek
- 2 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 3 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 4 Rainbow mountain trek
- 5 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 6 Cusco/Machu Picchu Trip
- 7 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 8 Huayhuash Circuit in May - good-value trekking companies
- 9 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 10 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 11 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 12 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 13 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 14 Iquitos
- 15 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 16 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 17 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 18 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 19 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 20 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 21 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 22 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 23 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 24 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 25 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio