I'm looking for help on planning my Cartagena itinerary - I land on a Sunday afternoon and depart on a Saturday morning.
i'm thinking of the following:
Sunday - relax & check out some salsa dancing places
Monday - walk the old walled town. Follow frommer's walking tour..see the church/plazas and San Felipe fort.
Tuesday - the volcano mud bath
Wednesday - head to Playa blanca directly - spend the night beachside in a cabana or hammock and return thursday
Thursday - evening return to old town and relax.
Friday - maybe day trip to Park Tayrona? or Santa Marta?
Saturday - depart.
i don't think I can do Tayrona in one day - and if not...can i visit Marta in one day? I think i read the bus ride was 4 hours. So in that case no.
Is there a different way you'd do this itinerary? It's just me and another girlfriend - we enjoy nature, beaches, history, meeting people and adventure. Although physically right now i'm in therapy for some injuries so i'm not looking into any hikes. Only swimming is an option for me at this time!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Where to start in May?
- 2 Narrowing Down Itinerary
- 3 Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail
- 4 Tell me soething about South America travel tips?
- 5 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 6 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 7 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
- 8 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!
- 9 Cartagens for 3.5 days. Looking for suggestions-islands, food tours, etc..
- 10 Need day trip/guide suggestions from Puerto Ayora, Galapagos
- 11 Peru Final 15-day Itinerary Help Needed
- 12 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 13 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?
- 14 Peru - Puno & Lakes or Amazon
- 15 Did You Visit the Lakes District and/or Chiloe?
- 16 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 17 Argentina and Bolivia/March and April
- 18 Belated trip report (Quito and Mindo)
- 19 Machu Picchu...Doable?
- 20 Valparaiso to Santiago Airport - How Much Time to Allow?
- 21 Nazcaflights.com - Jon Green - Any good?
- 22 Santiago & Valparaiso - Attire Questions
- 23 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 24 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 25 Argentina October 2016