I'm looking for help on planning my Cartagena itinerary - I land on a Sunday afternoon and depart on a Saturday morning.
i'm thinking of the following:
Sunday - relax & check out some salsa dancing places
Monday - walk the old walled town. Follow frommer's walking tour..see the church/plazas and San Felipe fort.
Tuesday - the volcano mud bath
Wednesday - head to Playa blanca directly - spend the night beachside in a cabana or hammock and return thursday
Thursday - evening return to old town and relax.
Friday - maybe day trip to Park Tayrona? or Santa Marta?
Saturday - depart.
i don't think I can do Tayrona in one day - and if not...can i visit Marta in one day? I think i read the bus ride was 4 hours. So in that case no.
Is there a different way you'd do this itinerary? It's just me and another girlfriend - we enjoy nature, beaches, history, meeting people and adventure. Although physically right now i'm in therapy for some injuries so i'm not looking into any hikes. Only swimming is an option for me at this time!
Cartagena - help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 2 Lodge in Pantanal
- 3 Pantanal on your own
- 4 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 5 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 6 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 7 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 8 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 9 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 10 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 11 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 12 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 13 Cell phone in Brazil
- 14 10 Full Days in Peru
- 15 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 16 10 day itinerary questions
- 17 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 18 Please comment on this 8 week itinerary (Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru)!
- 19 Iguazu Falls for a single woman?
- 20 ATM San Pedro de Atacama
- 21 Santiago 2 days
- 22 Galapogas: Short tour vs long tour
- 23 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 24 Quito Airport Hotels?
- 25 10 day in peru