I'm looking for help on planning my Cartagena itinerary - I land on a Sunday afternoon and depart on a Saturday morning.
i'm thinking of the following:
Sunday - relax & check out some salsa dancing places
Monday - walk the old walled town. Follow frommer's walking tour..see the church/plazas and San Felipe fort.
Tuesday - the volcano mud bath
Wednesday - head to Playa blanca directly - spend the night beachside in a cabana or hammock and return thursday
Thursday - evening return to old town and relax.
Friday - maybe day trip to Park Tayrona? or Santa Marta?
Saturday - depart.
i don't think I can do Tayrona in one day - and if not...can i visit Marta in one day? I think i read the bus ride was 4 hours. So in that case no.
Is there a different way you'd do this itinerary? It's just me and another girlfriend - we enjoy nature, beaches, history, meeting people and adventure. Although physically right now i'm in therapy for some injuries so i'm not looking into any hikes. Only swimming is an option for me at this time!
Cartagena - help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 2 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 3 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 4 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 5 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 6 Trip Report
- 7 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 8 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 9 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 10 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 11 1st South American adventure
- 12 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 13 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 14 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 15 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 16 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 17 For Neoptropical Birders
- 18 Columbia Questions
- 19 Posadas-Paraguay-Brazil-Iguassu: Please, Help Find the Tour Operator
- 20 hotels in Buenos Aires
- 21 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 22 Ecuador Rain Forest with Pre-teens
- 23 Any suggestions for restaurants in Manaus?
- 24 Help with One Week, Christmas, Buenos Aires, solo female traveler
- 25 flights and hotels