Hi All –
Just posted my trip report/photo journal from traveling to Cartagena, Bogotá and Mexico City. Didn’t care for Bogotá, liked Cartagena and loved Mexico City. Hope you like it, find it helpful.
• Walk the ramparts at dusk
• Visit the Castillo San Felipe de Barajas
• Have a drink at Café del Mar
• Stay at the Santa Clara (if money is not a factor)
• And most of all, explore the Getsemaní neighborhood for a glimpse of real life
• Wander through La Candeleria (but know the boundaries)
• See the candy-striped El Carmen Church (La Candeleria)
• Seek-out the crazy watermelon-colored zigzag house (La Candeleria)
• Ride the funicular up to Monserrate
• Take the local bus to the Salt Cathedral in Zipaquira
• Stay at Red Tree House, one of the most charming hotels I’ve found
• Hang-out in Condesa at night
• Reserve at least a day for wandering through Chapultepec Park
• Get contemporary at the Museo de Arte Moderno
• Relax at the Libreria Porrua (Chapultepec Park)
• See how the other half live in Polanco
• Visit the Soumaya Museum
• Don’t miss Centro Historico: the Palacio de Correos (post office) for its architecture, the Alameda Central park for its energy, the Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral for its organ, the Templo Mayor for the culture and the National Palace for the Diego Rivera murals
Cartagena & Bogota (+ Mexico City) Trip Report / Photo Journal
Hi All –
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 2 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 3 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 4 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 5 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 6 Trip Report
- 7 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 8 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 9 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 10 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 11 1st South American adventure
- 12 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 13 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 14 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 15 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 16 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 17 For Neoptropical Birders
- 18 Columbia Questions
- 19 Posadas-Paraguay-Brazil-Iguassu: Please, Help Find the Tour Operator
- 20 hotels in Buenos Aires
- 21 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 22 Ecuador Rain Forest with Pre-teens
- 23 Any suggestions for restaurants in Manaus?
- 24 Help with One Week, Christmas, Buenos Aires, solo female traveler
- 25 flights and hotels