Hi All –
Just posted my trip report/photo journal from traveling to Cartagena, Bogotá and Mexico City. Didn’t care for Bogotá, liked Cartagena and loved Mexico City. Hope you like it, find it helpful.
• Walk the ramparts at dusk
• Visit the Castillo San Felipe de Barajas
• Have a drink at Café del Mar
• Stay at the Santa Clara (if money is not a factor)
• And most of all, explore the Getsemaní neighborhood for a glimpse of real life
• Wander through La Candeleria (but know the boundaries)
• See the candy-striped El Carmen Church (La Candeleria)
• Seek-out the crazy watermelon-colored zigzag house (La Candeleria)
• Ride the funicular up to Monserrate
• Take the local bus to the Salt Cathedral in Zipaquira
• Stay at Red Tree House, one of the most charming hotels I’ve found
• Hang-out in Condesa at night
• Reserve at least a day for wandering through Chapultepec Park
• Get contemporary at the Museo de Arte Moderno
• Relax at the Libreria Porrua (Chapultepec Park)
• See how the other half live in Polanco
• Visit the Soumaya Museum
• Don’t miss Centro Historico: the Palacio de Correos (post office) for its architecture, the Alameda Central park for its energy, the Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral for its organ, the Templo Mayor for the culture and the National Palace for the Diego Rivera murals
Cartagena & Bogota (+ Mexico City) Trip Report / Photo Journal
Hi All –
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 2 adventure tour on the Amazon
- 3 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 4 Ten days in Ecuador
- 5 amazon jungle trips
- 6 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 7 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 8 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 9 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 10 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 11 Dollars, sols or credit cards in Peru?
- 12 NW of Argentina
- 13 Peru versus Bolivia
- 14 Need advise for Argentina and surrounding areas in May??
- 15 Enchanting-South America-tour companies
- 16 altitude sickness (Bolivia vs. Peru)
- 17 Need help in where to stay in Mendoza in December
- 18 Using Internet for Finances in South America
- 19 Flight to El Calafate for one day
- 20 Peru in December
- 21 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 22 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 23 NYT Article on Cartagena
- 24 Can the Bolivia experts please check this itinerary?
- 25 Santiago, Mendoza, and Need Suggestions!