Hi All –
Just posted my trip report/photo journal from traveling to Cartagena, Bogotá and Mexico City. Didn’t care for Bogotá, liked Cartagena and loved Mexico City. Hope you like it, find it helpful.
• Walk the ramparts at dusk
• Visit the Castillo San Felipe de Barajas
• Have a drink at Café del Mar
• Stay at the Santa Clara (if money is not a factor)
• And most of all, explore the Getsemaní neighborhood for a glimpse of real life
• Wander through La Candeleria (but know the boundaries)
• See the candy-striped El Carmen Church (La Candeleria)
• Seek-out the crazy watermelon-colored zigzag house (La Candeleria)
• Ride the funicular up to Monserrate
• Take the local bus to the Salt Cathedral in Zipaquira
• Stay at Red Tree House, one of the most charming hotels I’ve found
• Hang-out in Condesa at night
• Reserve at least a day for wandering through Chapultepec Park
• Get contemporary at the Museo de Arte Moderno
• Relax at the Libreria Porrua (Chapultepec Park)
• See how the other half live in Polanco
• Visit the Soumaya Museum
• Don’t miss Centro Historico: the Palacio de Correos (post office) for its architecture, the Alameda Central park for its energy, the Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral for its organ, the Templo Mayor for the culture and the National Palace for the Diego Rivera murals
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Strike Peru May 27-28 - urgent decision
- 2 My Lima Layover
- 3 Safety in Rio?
- 4 Not your usual Lima Layover Trip Report
- 5 New to traveling, and I need help.
- 6 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 7 3 weeks backpacking across Brazil
- 8 Travel in Brazil or visit Machu Picchu?
- 9 driving to salvador
- 10 Areas to stay in Rio de Janiero and Buenos Aires
- 11 Pantanal tour prices
- 12 Travel Agent Recommendation for Patagonia
- 13 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 14 Planning Trip to Patagonia and Wine Country
- 15 Do you need passes to see machu picch?
- 16 It's Restaurant Week in Lima til 24 May
- 17 Hostels in Rio de Janeiro
- 18 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 19 Itinerary Advice..+/- days advice
- 20 recommended hostels in lima and cuzco
- 21 tours and tips
- 22 Transportation from Santiago airport to Valparaiso or Vina del Mar
- 23 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 24 Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro
- 25 Water in Peru
Cartagena & Bogota (+ Mexico City) Trip Report / Photo Journal
Hi All –