Hi All –
Just posted my trip report/photo journal from traveling to Cartagena, Bogotá and Mexico City. Didn’t care for Bogotá, liked Cartagena and loved Mexico City. Hope you like it, find it helpful.
• Walk the ramparts at dusk
• Visit the Castillo San Felipe de Barajas
• Have a drink at Café del Mar
• Stay at the Santa Clara (if money is not a factor)
• And most of all, explore the Getsemaní neighborhood for a glimpse of real life
• Wander through La Candeleria (but know the boundaries)
• See the candy-striped El Carmen Church (La Candeleria)
• Seek-out the crazy watermelon-colored zigzag house (La Candeleria)
• Ride the funicular up to Monserrate
• Take the local bus to the Salt Cathedral in Zipaquira
• Stay at Red Tree House, one of the most charming hotels I’ve found
• Hang-out in Condesa at night
• Reserve at least a day for wandering through Chapultepec Park
• Get contemporary at the Museo de Arte Moderno
• Relax at the Libreria Porrua (Chapultepec Park)
• See how the other half live in Polanco
• Visit the Soumaya Museum
• Don’t miss Centro Historico: the Palacio de Correos (post office) for its architecture, the Alameda Central park for its energy, the Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral for its organ, the Templo Mayor for the culture and the National Palace for the Diego Rivera murals
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 CasaCor Peru October 2015
- 2 Galapagos: Land based visit + short cruise - opinions appreciated!
- 3 Walking sticks for Machu Picchu?
- 4 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 5 Visiting Buenos Aires
- 6 Chile in February and March
- 7 5/6 Hour Layover in Santiago - Advice Please
- 8 Rio and Iguacu
- 9 3 weeks to travel
- 10 Galapagos Island
- 11 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 12 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 13 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 14 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 15 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 16 October - March 2016 in South or Central America
- 17 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 18 Peru Best Tours
- 19 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 20 Brasilia Airport - Need Reassurance!
- 21 brazil beach vacation.... or will get mugged?
- 22 Beach areas Recife or Bahia from Rio
- 23 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 24 If it's Tuesday, this must be...Nicaragua, the Peruvian Amazon, or Colombia
- 25 Deborah Ferrari - Luxury Beach Hotels in Arica
Cartagena & Bogota (+ Mexico City) Trip Report / Photo Journal
Hi All –