Hi All –
Just posted my trip report/photo journal from traveling to Cartagena, Bogotá and Mexico City. Didn’t care for Bogotá, liked Cartagena and loved Mexico City. Hope you like it, find it helpful.
• Walk the ramparts at dusk
• Visit the Castillo San Felipe de Barajas
• Have a drink at Café del Mar
• Stay at the Santa Clara (if money is not a factor)
• And most of all, explore the Getsemaní neighborhood for a glimpse of real life
• Wander through La Candeleria (but know the boundaries)
• See the candy-striped El Carmen Church (La Candeleria)
• Seek-out the crazy watermelon-colored zigzag house (La Candeleria)
• Ride the funicular up to Monserrate
• Take the local bus to the Salt Cathedral in Zipaquira
• Stay at Red Tree House, one of the most charming hotels I’ve found
• Hang-out in Condesa at night
• Reserve at least a day for wandering through Chapultepec Park
• Get contemporary at the Museo de Arte Moderno
• Relax at the Libreria Porrua (Chapultepec Park)
• See how the other half live in Polanco
• Visit the Soumaya Museum
• Don’t miss Centro Historico: the Palacio de Correos (post office) for its architecture, the Alameda Central park for its energy, the Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral for its organ, the Templo Mayor for the culture and the National Palace for the Diego Rivera murals
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Mom wants to go to cusco/macchu picchu in 5 days - impossible?
- 2 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 3 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 4 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 5 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 6 Argentina &TDP-8th-18th April.
- 7 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 8 Safety warning?
- 9 Iguazu falls logistics
- 10 Packing for Chile in November
- 11 Lima stopover
- 12 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 13 Amazon side trip
- 14 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 15 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 16 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 17 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 18 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 19 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 20 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 21 Santiago - where to stay?
- 22 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 23 Tour guide/ agency
- 24 Patagonia Planning
- 25 Salta/NW Argentina, no car
Cartagena & Bogota (+ Mexico City) Trip Report / Photo Journal
Hi All –