Hi All –
Just posted my trip report/photo journal from traveling to Cartagena, Bogotá and Mexico City. Didn’t care for Bogotá, liked Cartagena and loved Mexico City. Hope you like it, find it helpful.
• Walk the ramparts at dusk
• Visit the Castillo San Felipe de Barajas
• Have a drink at Café del Mar
• Stay at the Santa Clara (if money is not a factor)
• And most of all, explore the Getsemaní neighborhood for a glimpse of real life
• Wander through La Candeleria (but know the boundaries)
• See the candy-striped El Carmen Church (La Candeleria)
• Seek-out the crazy watermelon-colored zigzag house (La Candeleria)
• Ride the funicular up to Monserrate
• Take the local bus to the Salt Cathedral in Zipaquira
• Stay at Red Tree House, one of the most charming hotels I’ve found
• Hang-out in Condesa at night
• Reserve at least a day for wandering through Chapultepec Park
• Get contemporary at the Museo de Arte Moderno
• Relax at the Libreria Porrua (Chapultepec Park)
• See how the other half live in Polanco
• Visit the Soumaya Museum
• Don’t miss Centro Historico: the Palacio de Correos (post office) for its architecture, the Alameda Central park for its energy, the Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral for its organ, the Templo Mayor for the culture and the National Palace for the Diego Rivera murals
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Sao Paulo
- 2 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 3 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 4 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 5 Salud !
- 6 Peru in Late February?
- 7 christmas in buenos aires
- 8 Cartagena
- 9 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 10 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 11 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 12 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 13 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 14 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 15 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 16 Galapagos Island
- 17 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 18 Puno to Lima
- 19 Solmar Tours in Peru
- 20 opinions on itinerary flow
- 21 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 22 If it's Tuesday, this must be...Nicaragua, the Peruvian Amazon, or Colombia
- 23 Leftover Argentine Pesos - where to sell?
- 24 Cusco Marriott or Andenes al Cielo
- 25 Bolivia (esp Salar de Uyuni) - starting my research
Cartagena & Bogota (+ Mexico City) Trip Report / Photo Journal
Hi All –