Hi All –
Just posted my trip report/photo journal from traveling to Cartagena, Bogotá and Mexico City. Didn’t care for Bogotá, liked Cartagena and loved Mexico City. Hope you like it, find it helpful.
• Walk the ramparts at dusk
• Visit the Castillo San Felipe de Barajas
• Have a drink at Café del Mar
• Stay at the Santa Clara (if money is not a factor)
• And most of all, explore the Getsemaní neighborhood for a glimpse of real life
• Wander through La Candeleria (but know the boundaries)
• See the candy-striped El Carmen Church (La Candeleria)
• Seek-out the crazy watermelon-colored zigzag house (La Candeleria)
• Ride the funicular up to Monserrate
• Take the local bus to the Salt Cathedral in Zipaquira
• Stay at Red Tree House, one of the most charming hotels I’ve found
• Hang-out in Condesa at night
• Reserve at least a day for wandering through Chapultepec Park
• Get contemporary at the Museo de Arte Moderno
• Relax at the Libreria Porrua (Chapultepec Park)
• See how the other half live in Polanco
• Visit the Soumaya Museum
• Don’t miss Centro Historico: the Palacio de Correos (post office) for its architecture, the Alameda Central park for its energy, the Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral for its organ, the Templo Mayor for the culture and the National Palace for the Diego Rivera murals
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 2 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 3 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 4 Southern Bolivia from Northwest Argentina?
- 5 Expat meet up.
- 6 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 7 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 8 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 9 Exciting Times in Colombia
- 10 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 11 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 12 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 13 Sixty days in Colombia
- 14 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 15 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 16 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 17 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 18 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 19 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 20 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 21 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 22 Booking sites - HELP! Don't want to be scammed
- 23 summer olympics in Rio
- 24 2 Weeks in Rio in Nov End
- 25 Trip ideas for 2 weeks in South America??
Cartagena & Bogota (+ Mexico City) Trip Report / Photo Journal
Hi All –