Hi All –
Just posted my trip report/photo journal from traveling to Cartagena, Bogotá and Mexico City. Didn’t care for Bogotá, liked Cartagena and loved Mexico City. Hope you like it, find it helpful.
• Walk the ramparts at dusk
• Visit the Castillo San Felipe de Barajas
• Have a drink at Café del Mar
• Stay at the Santa Clara (if money is not a factor)
• And most of all, explore the Getsemaní neighborhood for a glimpse of real life
• Wander through La Candeleria (but know the boundaries)
• See the candy-striped El Carmen Church (La Candeleria)
• Seek-out the crazy watermelon-colored zigzag house (La Candeleria)
• Ride the funicular up to Monserrate
• Take the local bus to the Salt Cathedral in Zipaquira
• Stay at Red Tree House, one of the most charming hotels I’ve found
• Hang-out in Condesa at night
• Reserve at least a day for wandering through Chapultepec Park
• Get contemporary at the Museo de Arte Moderno
• Relax at the Libreria Porrua (Chapultepec Park)
• See how the other half live in Polanco
• Visit the Soumaya Museum
• Don’t miss Centro Historico: the Palacio de Correos (post office) for its architecture, the Alameda Central park for its energy, the Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral for its organ, the Templo Mayor for the culture and the National Palace for the Diego Rivera murals
Cartagena & Bogota (+ Mexico City) Trip Report / Photo Journal
Hi All –
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru, Amazon, Brazil... best solo? Tour?
- 2 Language school in Antigua or Quetzaltenango
- 3 TDP in August
- 4 Peru in December
- 5 Quito: Old city or new?
- 6 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 7 amazon jungle trips
- 8 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 9 Amazon Cruise
- 10 3 Full Days in Iguazu?
- 11 Trip with my boyfriend to the Brazilian city of São Paulo!
- 12 Brazil for Carnival
- 13 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 14 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 15 Last 2 weeks
- 16 10 nights in Argentina
- 17 Flight to El Calafate for one day
- 18 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 19 Sobering Film
- 20 Travel to Peru with my 5 best friends!
- 21 Estancias Outside Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 22 Peru- making up a small 50+ group
- 23 Machu Picchu First?
- 24 Rosh Hashanah
- 25 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure