Hi All –
Just posted my trip report/photo journal from traveling to Cartagena, Bogotá and Mexico City. Didn’t care for Bogotá, liked Cartagena and loved Mexico City. Hope you like it, find it helpful.
• Walk the ramparts at dusk
• Visit the Castillo San Felipe de Barajas
• Have a drink at Café del Mar
• Stay at the Santa Clara (if money is not a factor)
• And most of all, explore the Getsemaní neighborhood for a glimpse of real life
• Wander through La Candeleria (but know the boundaries)
• See the candy-striped El Carmen Church (La Candeleria)
• Seek-out the crazy watermelon-colored zigzag house (La Candeleria)
• Ride the funicular up to Monserrate
• Take the local bus to the Salt Cathedral in Zipaquira
• Stay at Red Tree House, one of the most charming hotels I’ve found
• Hang-out in Condesa at night
• Reserve at least a day for wandering through Chapultepec Park
• Get contemporary at the Museo de Arte Moderno
• Relax at the Libreria Porrua (Chapultepec Park)
• See how the other half live in Polanco
• Visit the Soumaya Museum
• Don’t miss Centro Historico: the Palacio de Correos (post office) for its architecture, the Alameda Central park for its energy, the Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral for its organ, the Templo Mayor for the culture and the National Palace for the Diego Rivera murals
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Amy Peru and Chile! (A possibly over enthusiastic trip report)
- 2 Argentina, Uruguay & Chile
- 3 Please help with itinerary!
- 4 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 5 Ridiculously Cheap Airfares to Columbia - Should we go?
- 6 Where to celebrate Easter + milestone birthday?
- 7 Trelew to Peninsula Valdes
- 8 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 9 Argentina
- 10 Tucantravel company.
- 11 Help Planning Atacama for Next Week!
- 12 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 13 Bolivia & Argentina itinerary help
- 14 6 Weeks - Argentina and/or Peru/Colombia? too much in this time?
- 15 Ship travel to South America
- 16 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 17 Need some help with ideas for Argentina and Chile in 2017 please!
- 18 Solo travellers in Chile
- 19 Living in rural South America
- 20 Where to eat in Quito and Cuzco?
- 21 Manufacturer of alpaca clothes!
- 22 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 23 galapagos island
- 24 Huayna Picchu ticket
- 25 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
Cartagena & Bogota (+ Mexico City) Trip Report / Photo Journal
Hi All –