Hi All –
Just posted my trip report/photo journal from traveling to Cartagena, Bogotá and Mexico City. Didn’t care for Bogotá, liked Cartagena and loved Mexico City. Hope you like it, find it helpful.
• Walk the ramparts at dusk
• Visit the Castillo San Felipe de Barajas
• Have a drink at Café del Mar
• Stay at the Santa Clara (if money is not a factor)
• And most of all, explore the Getsemaní neighborhood for a glimpse of real life
• Wander through La Candeleria (but know the boundaries)
• See the candy-striped El Carmen Church (La Candeleria)
• Seek-out the crazy watermelon-colored zigzag house (La Candeleria)
• Ride the funicular up to Monserrate
• Take the local bus to the Salt Cathedral in Zipaquira
• Stay at Red Tree House, one of the most charming hotels I’ve found
• Hang-out in Condesa at night
• Reserve at least a day for wandering through Chapultepec Park
• Get contemporary at the Museo de Arte Moderno
• Relax at the Libreria Porrua (Chapultepec Park)
• See how the other half live in Polanco
• Visit the Soumaya Museum
• Don’t miss Centro Historico: the Palacio de Correos (post office) for its architecture, the Alameda Central park for its energy, the Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral for its organ, the Templo Mayor for the culture and the National Palace for the Diego Rivera murals
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice
- 2 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 3 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 4 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 5 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 6 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 7 Ecuador, Places to shop
- 8 Only one day in Quito recommendations.
- 9 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 10 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 11 Booking the Grey Glacier Boat Tour
- 12 Volunteering in South America, maybe Peru?
- 13 Atacama and ????
- 14 Departure Tax leaving Colombia
- 15 Travel to Peru in 2 weeks
- 16 How Long Before departure @Bogota Airport Arrival Time
- 17 Tarapoto
- 18 First Time In South America Itinerary
- 19 Patagonia!
- 20 South america to Easter Island then to Tahiti
- 21 Travel from Valparaiso, Chile to Santiago.
- 22 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 23 Interested in opinions on Chile itinerary
- 24 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 25 Machu Picchu train tickets online
Cartagena & Bogota (+ Mexico City) Trip Report / Photo Journal
Hi All –