I love Fodors because all of you have the best tried and true information!
I am planning a trip to Peru in May. It will be myself and husband (active late 30's)...plus parents (active mid 60's), friends (active mid 60's) and sister and her husband (active late 30's).
We will have 12 days (but really 9 days minus travel time to and from LAX). We have booked our 4 day hike to MP. However we will have 2 days in Cusco prior to the hike to site see and acclimatize. Then we will have 3 days for a possible amazon/Puerto Maldonado excursion and one day in Lima before we leave late that night.
Day 1: Travel to Lima
Stay near airport--suggestions? I heard there was a Raddison that wasn't too expensive.
Day 2: Fly to Cusco in the morning
Tour: What do we want to see? Could we do Sacred Valley this day?
Where to stay? Where to eat?
Day 3: Cusco
Tour: What do we want to see? We will be doing a home stay program the night before our Inca Trail hike...so we don't have all day to site see.
Day 4-7: Inca Trail Hike/Machu Picchu/HP hike
Day 8-10: Amazon Adventure
Where would you stay? Some will want to be very active (kayak, zip line etc.) and some will not. All will want to see animals and would love to do piranha fishing.
Day 11: Travel back to Lima and explore city
Anything exciting to see?
Day 12: Fly back to LAX
Guides: We normally like to use private guides for both transportation and tours. I saw a posting about a guide named Percy. Any feedback on him for tours in Cusco?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Ridiculously Cheap Airfares to Columbia - Should we go?
- 2 If it's Tuesday, this must be...Nicaragua, the Peruvian Amazon, or Colombia
- 3 Where do I hire motorbikes in La Paz (Bolivia)
- 4 Please help with itinerary!
- 5 Amy Peru and Chile! (A possibly over enthusiastic trip report)
- 6 Argentina, Uruguay & Chile
- 7 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 8 Where to celebrate Easter + milestone birthday?
- 9 Trelew to Peninsula Valdes
- 10 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 11 Argentina
- 12 Tucantravel company.
- 13 Help Planning Atacama for Next Week!
- 14 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 15 Bolivia & Argentina itinerary help
- 16 6 Weeks - Argentina and/or Peru/Colombia? too much in this time?
- 17 Ship travel to South America
- 18 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 19 Need some help with ideas for Argentina and Chile in 2017 please!
- 20 Solo travellers in Chile
- 21 Living in rural South America
- 22 Where to eat in Quito and Cuzco?
- 23 Manufacturer of alpaca clothes!
- 24 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 25 galapagos island