I love Fodors because all of you have the best tried and true information!
I am planning a trip to Peru in May. It will be myself and husband (active late 30's)...plus parents (active mid 60's), friends (active mid 60's) and sister and her husband (active late 30's).
We will have 12 days (but really 9 days minus travel time to and from LAX). We have booked our 4 day hike to MP. However we will have 2 days in Cusco prior to the hike to site see and acclimatize. Then we will have 3 days for a possible amazon/Puerto Maldonado excursion and one day in Lima before we leave late that night.
Day 1: Travel to Lima
Stay near airport--suggestions? I heard there was a Raddison that wasn't too expensive.
Day 2: Fly to Cusco in the morning
Tour: What do we want to see? Could we do Sacred Valley this day?
Where to stay? Where to eat?
Day 3: Cusco
Tour: What do we want to see? We will be doing a home stay program the night before our Inca Trail hike...so we don't have all day to site see.
Day 4-7: Inca Trail Hike/Machu Picchu/HP hike
Day 8-10: Amazon Adventure
Where would you stay? Some will want to be very active (kayak, zip line etc.) and some will not. All will want to see animals and would love to do piranha fishing.
Day 11: Travel back to Lima and explore city
Anything exciting to see?
Day 12: Fly back to LAX
Guides: We normally like to use private guides for both transportation and tours. I saw a posting about a guide named Percy. Any feedback on him for tours in Cusco?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 avast Installation renewal CONTACT ☎1800 681 7208 avast Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Argentina (Chile?)
- 3 Preliminary thoughts -- Peru and a bit of Bolivia?
- 4 2 weeks in Chile
- 5 Travel agency in Columbia
- 6 South American Mix: Easter Island, Machu Picchu, Rio & the Pantanal
- 7 Torres Del Paine - total 2 weeks in Chile
- 8 Buenos Aires for a month?
- 9 Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Amazon Rainforest + more
- 10 Cartagena tips
- 11 Steaks and Tango - Suggestions Please
- 12 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 13 Cartegena - beach or centre for a week?
- 14 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 15 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 16 What to skip in Argentina
- 17 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 18 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 19 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 20 40th Birthday Trip: Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, Amazon
- 21 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 22 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 23 Itineraries
- 24 Advice on Chile itinerary
- 25 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas