I love Fodors because all of you have the best tried and true information!
I am planning a trip to Peru in May. It will be myself and husband (active late 30's)...plus parents (active mid 60's), friends (active mid 60's) and sister and her husband (active late 30's).
We will have 12 days (but really 9 days minus travel time to and from LAX). We have booked our 4 day hike to MP. However we will have 2 days in Cusco prior to the hike to site see and acclimatize. Then we will have 3 days for a possible amazon/Puerto Maldonado excursion and one day in Lima before we leave late that night.
Day 1: Travel to Lima
Stay near airport--suggestions? I heard there was a Raddison that wasn't too expensive.
Day 2: Fly to Cusco in the morning
Tour: What do we want to see? Could we do Sacred Valley this day?
Where to stay? Where to eat?
Day 3: Cusco
Tour: What do we want to see? We will be doing a home stay program the night before our Inca Trail hike...so we don't have all day to site see.
Day 4-7: Inca Trail Hike/Machu Picchu/HP hike
Day 8-10: Amazon Adventure
Where would you stay? Some will want to be very active (kayak, zip line etc.) and some will not. All will want to see animals and would love to do piranha fishing.
Day 11: Travel back to Lima and explore city
Anything exciting to see?
Day 12: Fly back to LAX
Guides: We normally like to use private guides for both transportation and tours. I saw a posting about a guide named Percy. Any feedback on him for tours in Cusco?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Calling Peru Travel Enthusiasts!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Iguazu Falls. Argentina and Brazil. Winter.
- 2 2-weeks trip to Chile, itinerary review
- 3 Amauta has moved to a different adres?
- 4 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 5 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 6 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 7 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 8 Brazil: Bonito/Pantanal : Manaus Guide Recommendations
- 9 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 10 Chile, Brazil and New York
- 11 My (entertertaining & illustrated) advice on the best ever Peru itinerary
- 12 Christmas in the Andes (Peru & Ecuador)
- 13 Three weeks in South America
- 14 TRIP DO COLOMBIA
- 15 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 16 Colombia...without Bogota? Looking for opinions!
- 17 Argentina ininerary November 2015
- 18 Easter Day in Rio
- 19 Argentina Trip report
- 20 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 21 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 22 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 23 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 24 Ecuador - Amazon Basin Trip
- 25 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May