I love Fodors because all of you have the best tried and true information!
I am planning a trip to Peru in May. It will be myself and husband (active late 30's)...plus parents (active mid 60's), friends (active mid 60's) and sister and her husband (active late 30's).
We will have 12 days (but really 9 days minus travel time to and from LAX). We have booked our 4 day hike to MP. However we will have 2 days in Cusco prior to the hike to site see and acclimatize. Then we will have 3 days for a possible amazon/Puerto Maldonado excursion and one day in Lima before we leave late that night.
Day 1: Travel to Lima
Stay near airport--suggestions? I heard there was a Raddison that wasn't too expensive.
Day 2: Fly to Cusco in the morning
Tour: What do we want to see? Could we do Sacred Valley this day?
Where to stay? Where to eat?
Day 3: Cusco
Tour: What do we want to see? We will be doing a home stay program the night before our Inca Trail hike...so we don't have all day to site see.
Day 4-7: Inca Trail Hike/Machu Picchu/HP hike
Day 8-10: Amazon Adventure
Where would you stay? Some will want to be very active (kayak, zip line etc.) and some will not. All will want to see animals and would love to do piranha fishing.
Day 11: Travel back to Lima and explore city
Anything exciting to see?
Day 12: Fly back to LAX
Guides: We normally like to use private guides for both transportation and tours. I saw a posting about a guide named Percy. Any feedback on him for tours in Cusco?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Calling Peru Travel Enthusiasts!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 2 Volcano erupts in Chile near Puerto Varas and Puerto Montt
- 3 URGENT! Call your airline!
- 4 Columbia Local Beer
- 5 Solo backpacking in Argentina and Chile
- 6 El Calafate/Torres del Paine 7 day Itinerary Help
- 7 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 8 10 days in Argentina
- 9 february/march- where to go?
- 10 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 11 Peruvian Amazon
- 12 driving to salvador
- 13 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 14 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 15 Peru, help cutting costs
- 16 cartagena , columbia
- 17 Peru Itinerary Help
- 18 One spare day in our itinerary - where should it go?
- 19 10 days backpacking in Peru
- 20 Antofogasta or Calama ? And which month ?
- 21 Birding in Mindo
- 22 Iguazu accomodation
- 23 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 24 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 25 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima