I love Fodors because all of you have the best tried and true information!
I am planning a trip to Peru in May. It will be myself and husband (active late 30's)...plus parents (active mid 60's), friends (active mid 60's) and sister and her husband (active late 30's).
We will have 12 days (but really 9 days minus travel time to and from LAX). We have booked our 4 day hike to MP. However we will have 2 days in Cusco prior to the hike to site see and acclimatize. Then we will have 3 days for a possible amazon/Puerto Maldonado excursion and one day in Lima before we leave late that night.
Day 1: Travel to Lima
Stay near airport--suggestions? I heard there was a Raddison that wasn't too expensive.
Day 2: Fly to Cusco in the morning
Tour: What do we want to see? Could we do Sacred Valley this day?
Where to stay? Where to eat?
Day 3: Cusco
Tour: What do we want to see? We will be doing a home stay program the night before our Inca Trail hike...so we don't have all day to site see.
Day 4-7: Inca Trail Hike/Machu Picchu/HP hike
Day 8-10: Amazon Adventure
Where would you stay? Some will want to be very active (kayak, zip line etc.) and some will not. All will want to see animals and would love to do piranha fishing.
Day 11: Travel back to Lima and explore city
Anything exciting to see?
Day 12: Fly back to LAX
Guides: We normally like to use private guides for both transportation and tours. I saw a posting about a guide named Percy. Any feedback on him for tours in Cusco?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Calling Peru Travel Enthusiasts!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 2 1st Time Trip to Peru - Please Comment on Our Itenerary
- 3 aerolineas airlines impossible to work with
- 4 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 5 Surfing in Lima
- 6 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 7 Amaszonas is adding new Destinations
- 8 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 9 Argentina vs Chile
- 10 Peru- how much pre-reserving/pre-planning?
- 11 Travel agents/agency for South America travel
- 12 Advice, recommendations and guidance
- 13 Machu pichu, anybody know where to find route
- 14 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 15 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 16 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 17 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 18 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 19 Christmas in Cusco
- 20 Cartagena: enough for 4-6 days?
- 21 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 22 transportation in Brazil
- 23 Patagonia Chile
- 24 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 25 Easter Island flight delays?