My husband and I are traveling between El Calafate, El Chalten, and Torres del Paine at the end of February.
We are spending a little over a week between the 3 of them.
I found a website that books bus tickets in advance, but the total gets up to about $800 USD.
Do any of you know if it's cheaper (and easy) to just buy bus tickets once you get there? Or is there danger that buses will be sold out?
Or, do you suggest renting a car?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Huaraz to Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura
- 2 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 3 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 4 2 weeks in Peru/Chile
- 5 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 6 Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela
- 7 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 8 Santiago, Chile
- 9 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 10 limited time in Cusco
- 11 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 12 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 13 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 14 Visiting Ollantataymbo from Cusco
- 15 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 16 Back "home" in Barranco
- 17 Day trips from Montevideo
- 18 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 19 2 weeks in Colombia
- 20 Home exchange to Brazil: cultural differences.
- 21 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 22 Peru in 9 days - Safety Concerns and itinerary review
- 23 Layover in Lima
- 24 Gym recommendations for Quito Centro Historico
- 25 Backroads or Nat Geo hiking Patagonia