My husband and I are traveling between El Calafate, El Chalten, and Torres del Paine at the end of February.
We are spending a little over a week between the 3 of them.
I found a website that books bus tickets in advance, but the total gets up to about $800 USD.
Do any of you know if it's cheaper (and easy) to just buy bus tickets once you get there? Or is there danger that buses will be sold out?
Or, do you suggest renting a car?
Bus travel around Patagonia
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Please Help - Santiago, Mendoza & Buenos Aires
- 2 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 3 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 4 Speak to me of Peru
- 5 Back to South America
- 6 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 7 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 8 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 9 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 10 Fire in Valparaiso
- 11 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 12 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 13 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 14 Ecuador - should we go?
- 15 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 16 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 17 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 18 Driving in Ecuador
- 19 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 20 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 21 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 22 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 23 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 24 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 25 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco