My husband and I are traveling between El Calafate, El Chalten, and Torres del Paine at the end of February.
We are spending a little over a week between the 3 of them.
I found a website that books bus tickets in advance, but the total gets up to about $800 USD.
Do any of you know if it's cheaper (and easy) to just buy bus tickets once you get there? Or is there danger that buses will be sold out?
Or, do you suggest renting a car?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Brasilia, So. Pantanal & Bonito
- 2 Buenos Aires hotel for 2 nights
- 3 Too Long, but ain't gonna' change
- 4 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 5 Travel to Bolivia
- 6 Argentina - Best of Salta in 4 days
- 7 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 8 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 9 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 10 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 11 Brazil. Reading lists
- 12 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 13 Any suggestions for tour companies for Inca Trail Trek to MP?
- 14 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 15 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 16 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 17 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 18 Cajamarca
- 19 Choquequirao Questions
- 20 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 21 Amazon and the Inca Trail
- 22 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 23 South America 2 Months Itinery
- 24 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 25 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions