My husband and I are traveling between El Calafate, El Chalten, and Torres del Paine at the end of February.
We are spending a little over a week between the 3 of them.
I found a website that books bus tickets in advance, but the total gets up to about $800 USD.
Do any of you know if it's cheaper (and easy) to just buy bus tickets once you get there? Or is there danger that buses will be sold out?
Or, do you suggest renting a car?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 2 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 3 Iguazu Falls-"Best" Way to Reach/See
- 4 Help us plan our dream SA trip!
- 5 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 6 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 7 Waterfalls near Puyo, Tena, and Baeza in Ecuador
- 8 Best Trek in Peru? (Huayhuash Circuit vs Inca Trail)
- 9 Bariloche car rental
- 10 Trip Report: Studying Spanish in Quito and Cuenca 2007
- 11 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 12 Machu Picchu in January
- 13 Dining in Medellin
- 14 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 15 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 16 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 17 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 18 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 19 santiago chile area
- 20 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 21 Reflections on our South America trip
- 22 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 23 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 24 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 25 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?