My husband and I are traveling between El Calafate, El Chalten, and Torres del Paine at the end of February.
We are spending a little over a week between the 3 of them.
I found a website that books bus tickets in advance, but the total gets up to about $800 USD.
Do any of you know if it's cheaper (and easy) to just buy bus tickets once you get there? Or is there danger that buses will be sold out?
Or, do you suggest renting a car?
Bus travel around Patagonia
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 2 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 3 Help
- 4 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 5 Satellite phones allowed into Brazil?
- 6 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 7 Easter Day in Rio
- 8 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 9 Visiting Machu Picchu in August, need help with planning.
- 10 Wrapping Up the Trip Planning - A Few Final Questions
- 11 Costa Rica during Holy Week - need help
- 12 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 13 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 14 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 15 Three weeks in South America
- 16 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 17 Patagonia tour in April
- 18 5 days in Patgonia... review of itinerary
- 19 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 20 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 21 HIP - BACK problems.....Relief !
- 22 Off the beaten track
- 23 Hosteria Tyndall - Torres del Paine
- 24 Ecuador Trip without Galapagos-10 nights
- 25 LAN flights cancelled this morning, March 11, due to a strike