My husband and I are traveling between El Calafate, El Chalten, and Torres del Paine at the end of February.
We are spending a little over a week between the 3 of them.
I found a website that books bus tickets in advance, but the total gets up to about $800 USD.
Do any of you know if it's cheaper (and easy) to just buy bus tickets once you get there? Or is there danger that buses will be sold out?
Or, do you suggest renting a car?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 2 Patagonia Hike/Travel/Explore
- 3 2 weeks trip
- 4 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 5 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 6 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 7 Where to stay in Bariloche
- 8 WEBJET
- 9 Iguazu and Iguaçu
- 10 Good women's hairgresser in Santiago?
- 11 Itineraries
- 12 Pantanal Lodges
- 13 Torres Del Paine Hiking - No Refugios
- 14 3 weeks in South America
- 15 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 16 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 17 Ecuador, Panama, or Costa Rica
- 18 Chile wine tour
- 19 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 20 Aerolineas "Visit Argentina" discounted airline pass
- 21 Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado?
- 22 How to count hotel floors in Ecuador?
- 23 Ceviche in Peru or Ecuador?
- 24 Travel Buddies for the Salar de Uyuni in September 2017
- 25 Help planning trip to Chile (Patagonia and Lakes District) in late October