My husband and I are traveling between El Calafate, El Chalten, and Torres del Paine at the end of February.
We are spending a little over a week between the 3 of them.
I found a website that books bus tickets in advance, but the total gets up to about $800 USD.
Do any of you know if it's cheaper (and easy) to just buy bus tickets once you get there? Or is there danger that buses will be sold out?
Or, do you suggest renting a car?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Fasting To Lose
- 2 Laundry Options in Peru
- 3 Back "home" in Barranco
- 4 Amazon, OIlantaytambo, Colca Canyon, Pacasmay and About
- 5 Where to Spend 10 Days in June/July! Central v. South America
- 6 Home exchange to Brazil: cultural differences.
- 7 house/apartment rental
- 8 Renting house in Bariloche
- 9 Destination Recommendation (w/ specifics)
- 10 Uruguay for wildlife
- 11 Elevation acclimatization, transportation, and lodging help!?
- 12 Car and Driver in Rio De Janeiro
- 13 Wha to expect from Cartagena, Colombia.
- 14 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 15 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 16 El Calafate excursions
- 17 Ecuador earthquake
- 18 Peru & Ecuador
- 19 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 20 Our 2016 South America Trip
- 21 Peru - Chinchero questions
- 22 Mendoza airport will be closed: Sept- Dec
- 23 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 24 Stray Dogs?
- 25 Salkantay trek