My husband and I are traveling between El Calafate, El Chalten, and Torres del Paine at the end of February.
We are spending a little over a week between the 3 of them.
I found a website that books bus tickets in advance, but the total gets up to about $800 USD.
Do any of you know if it's cheaper (and easy) to just buy bus tickets once you get there? Or is there danger that buses will be sold out?
Or, do you suggest renting a car?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 2 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 3 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 4 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 5 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 6 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 7 Exciting Times in Colombia
- 8 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 9 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 10 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 11 Sixty days in Colombia
- 12 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 13 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 14 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 15 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 16 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 17 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 18 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 19 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 20 Booking sites - HELP! Don't want to be scammed
- 21 summer olympics in Rio
- 22 2 Weeks in Rio in Nov End
- 23 Trip ideas for 2 weeks in South America??
- 24 Tahuayo Lodge, Amazon
- 25 Most Efficient Travel from Peru to Chile?