My husband and I are traveling between El Calafate, El Chalten, and Torres del Paine at the end of February.
We are spending a little over a week between the 3 of them.
I found a website that books bus tickets in advance, but the total gets up to about $800 USD.
Do any of you know if it's cheaper (and easy) to just buy bus tickets once you get there? Or is there danger that buses will be sold out?
Or, do you suggest renting a car?
Bus travel around Patagonia
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Christmas in the Andes (Peru & Ecuador)
- 2 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 3 Cuzco Peru
- 4 Iguazu Falls. Argentina and Brazil. Winter.
- 5 2-weeks trip to Chile, itinerary review
- 6 Amauta has moved to a different adres?
- 7 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 8 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 9 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 10 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 11 Brazil: Bonito/Pantanal : Manaus Guide Recommendations
- 12 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 13 Chile, Brazil and New York
- 14 My (entertertaining & illustrated) advice on the best ever Peru itinerary
- 15 Three weeks in South America
- 16 TRIP DO COLOMBIA
- 17 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 18 Colombia...without Bogota? Looking for opinions!
- 19 Argentina ininerary November 2015
- 20 Easter Day in Rio
- 21 Argentina Trip report
- 22 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 23 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 24 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 25 Local tour companies in Bolivia