I am after some advice on planning for a trip to South America from Australia late October/November this year.
My partner and I want to go to Buenos Aires and then to Patagonia (hopefully both Argentina and Chile sides) and then we thought we may like some recovery time before heading to Iguazu, so I thought perhaps a beach in Uruguay might be nice. But I don't want to bite off more than we can chew so I am after some feedback from those who know.
Our rough plan as it stands is:
20 October - arrive in Buenos Aires (late in evening)
21 - 25 October - explore BA
26 October - Travel to El Chalten via a flight to El Calafate to do a few days of day hiking
27 - 29 El Chalten
30 October - travel to Punta Arenas
31 October - spend day in Punta Arenas finalising needs/shopping for food for W Trek
1 - 5 November - do the four night W Trek
5 November - arrive back in Punta Arenas
6 November (and this where I am unsure as it may be nonsensical given time involved) - travel to Montevideo
7 November - Montevideo
8 - 12 November - beach town near Montevideo
13 November - travel back to Montevideo and onto Iguazu (again this may be silly as Iguazu is a long way way)
14 - 16 November - Iguazu - so explore/hike both Argentinian and Brazilian sides
17 November - head back to BA
18 November - fly home to Melbourne.
I realise some of this may be inefficient and while we want to see lots and have some down time (beach) in between the tiring hiking, we may be better placed to stay somewhere between Patagonia and BA, and/or leave out Iguazu.
Advice gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://www.drozhealthblog.com/no2-core/
- 2 How many days in Medellin area?
- 3 Machu Picchu changes its entry schedule
- 4 Lodging by Medellin Airport
- 5 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 6 Finding a group to hike with
- 7 Buenos Aires, Patagonia hike, Uraguay beach and Iguazu idea feedback needed
- 8 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 9 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 10 Chilean Travel Agent Suggestions Needed
- 11 Galapagus July
- 12 The Atacama Desert
- 13 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 14 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 15 2 day Inca Trek and a fear of exposure/heights
- 16 1 day for Iguazu Falls (I know, but that's all she has)
- 17 Pisco sours
- 18 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 19 Last min cruise to the Galapagos
- 20 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 21 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 22 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!
- 23 Help needed with itinerary for Argentina and Chile
- 24 2 Weeks in Cusco Itinerary
- 25 Huacachina, Peru
Buenos Aires, Patagonia hike, Uraguay beach and Iguazu idea feedback needed