I am after some advice on planning for a trip to South America from Australia late October/November this year.
My partner and I want to go to Buenos Aires and then to Patagonia (hopefully both Argentina and Chile sides) and then we thought we may like some recovery time before heading to Iguazu, so I thought perhaps a beach in Uruguay might be nice. But I don't want to bite off more than we can chew so I am after some feedback from those who know.
Our rough plan as it stands is:
20 October - arrive in Buenos Aires (late in evening)
21 - 25 October - explore BA
26 October - Travel to El Chalten via a flight to El Calafate to do a few days of day hiking
27 - 29 El Chalten
30 October - travel to Punta Arenas
31 October - spend day in Punta Arenas finalising needs/shopping for food for W Trek
1 - 5 November - do the four night W Trek
5 November - arrive back in Punta Arenas
6 November (and this where I am unsure as it may be nonsensical given time involved) - travel to Montevideo
7 November - Montevideo
8 - 12 November - beach town near Montevideo
13 November - travel back to Montevideo and onto Iguazu (again this may be silly as Iguazu is a long way way)
14 - 16 November - Iguazu - so explore/hike both Argentinian and Brazilian sides
17 November - head back to BA
18 November - fly home to Melbourne.
I realise some of this may be inefficient and while we want to see lots and have some down time (beach) in between the tiring hiking, we may be better placed to stay somewhere between Patagonia and BA, and/or leave out Iguazu.
Advice gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://www.drozdietplan.com/votofel-force/
- 2 Brazil
- 3 Parking in Valparaiso
- 4 cruises now coming/going from San Antonio instead of Valparaiso
- 5 Looking for an apartment in bogota
- 6 Need travel buddy for Buenos Aires from Sept 29 to Oct 29
- 7 Palermo-Soho Hotel in Buenos Aires?
- 8 Please help with Peru itinerary
- 9 Puzzled by altitude sickness
- 10 Visa for Brazil/canadian applying/Help!!!!
- 11 Best way to get from airport in Santiago to Ibis hotel in Valparaiso
- 12 Peru Trip for the Family
- 13 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 14 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 15 Patagonia itinerary advice
- 16 1.5 days in Rio
- 17 If it's Tuesday, it must be Patagonia...need itinerary help
- 18 Galapagos tours
- 19 Authentic Peruvian Community
- 20 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 21 Patagonia Hike/Travel/Explore
- 22 2 weeks trip
- 23 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 24 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 25 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
Buenos Aires, Patagonia hike, Uraguay beach and Iguazu idea feedback needed