Headed to Brazil June 8. Booked my airline ticket towards the end of last month, but I have yet to take care of my visa. My understanding is that you can obtain visas 2 ways
1) Brazil Consulate
Here in Los Angeles, the consulate is in Beverly Hills. I need to schedule an appointment online and have all of my materials prepared and ready (passport, pictures, applications, USPS money order, copy of DL, copy of itinerary in and out of country, etc), but ONLY via online appointment. Turnaround time is about 5 business days. Because the hours are limited M-F, and with June and July/World Cup approaching, it looks like the soonest I can book reserve an appointment is... June 5?
2) Visa Agency
Essentially, I pay a premium, around $50-$80 USD plus some absentee fees and an agency will help facilitate this process. My cousin who I am traveling with decided to do this route (successfully too) because he would lose out on money taking the day off from work.
-Is my understanding correct?
-Anyone with similar/related experience?
-Would anyone recommend an Agency route because my time is limited?
-Should I keep checking the Brazil Consulate website for appointment openings?
Any and all help is extremely appreciated.
Much love and respect,
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 2 Lodge in Pantanal
- 3 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 4 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 5 I need peanut butter, but I'm in Argentina.
- 6 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 7 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 8 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 9 Cell phone in Brazil
- 10 10 Full Days in Peru
- 11 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 12 10 day itinerary questions
- 13 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 14 Please comment on this 8 week itinerary (Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru)!
- 15 Iguazu Falls for a single woman?
- 16 ATM San Pedro de Atacama
- 17 Santiago 2 days
- 18 Galapogas: Short tour vs long tour
- 19 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 20 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 21 Quito Airport Hotels?
- 22 10 day in peru
- 23 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 24 Galapogas Islands - when to go?
- 25 Mendoza