Headed to Brazil June 8. Booked my airline ticket towards the end of last month, but I have yet to take care of my visa. My understanding is that you can obtain visas 2 ways
1) Brazil Consulate
Here in Los Angeles, the consulate is in Beverly Hills. I need to schedule an appointment online and have all of my materials prepared and ready (passport, pictures, applications, USPS money order, copy of DL, copy of itinerary in and out of country, etc), but ONLY via online appointment. Turnaround time is about 5 business days. Because the hours are limited M-F, and with June and July/World Cup approaching, it looks like the soonest I can book reserve an appointment is... June 5?
2) Visa Agency
Essentially, I pay a premium, around $50-$80 USD plus some absentee fees and an agency will help facilitate this process. My cousin who I am traveling with decided to do this route (successfully too) because he would lose out on money taking the day off from work.
-Is my understanding correct?
-Anyone with similar/related experience?
-Would anyone recommend an Agency route because my time is limited?
-Should I keep checking the Brazil Consulate website for appointment openings?
Any and all help is extremely appreciated.
Much love and respect,
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Where to Spend 10 Days in June/July! Central v. South America
- 2 Home exchange to Brazil: cultural differences.
- 3 house/apartment rental
- 4 Renting house in Bariloche
- 5 Destination Recommendation (w/ specifics)
- 6 Amazon, OIlantaytambo, Colca Canyon, Pacasmay and About
- 7 Uruguay for wildlife
- 8 Elevation acclimatization, transportation, and lodging help!?
- 9 Car and Driver in Rio De Janeiro
- 10 Wha to expect from Cartagena, Colombia.
- 11 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 12 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 13 El Calafate excursions
- 14 Ecuador earthquake
- 15 Peru & Ecuador
- 16 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 17 Our 2016 South America Trip
- 18 Peru - Chinchero questions
- 19 Mendoza airport will be closed: Sept- Dec
- 20 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 21 Stray Dogs?
- 22 Salkantay trek
- 23 Iquitos vs Manu Peru Amazon
- 24 Visiting Alagoas or Boipeba
- 25 Need suggestions about 7 days Cusco itinerary