Headed to Brazil June 8. Booked my airline ticket towards the end of last month, but I have yet to take care of my visa. My understanding is that you can obtain visas 2 ways
1) Brazil Consulate
Here in Los Angeles, the consulate is in Beverly Hills. I need to schedule an appointment online and have all of my materials prepared and ready (passport, pictures, applications, USPS money order, copy of DL, copy of itinerary in and out of country, etc), but ONLY via online appointment. Turnaround time is about 5 business days. Because the hours are limited M-F, and with June and July/World Cup approaching, it looks like the soonest I can book reserve an appointment is... June 5?
2) Visa Agency
Essentially, I pay a premium, around $50-$80 USD plus some absentee fees and an agency will help facilitate this process. My cousin who I am traveling with decided to do this route (successfully too) because he would lose out on money taking the day off from work.
-Is my understanding correct?
-Anyone with similar/related experience?
-Would anyone recommend an Agency route because my time is limited?
-Should I keep checking the Brazil Consulate website for appointment openings?
Any and all help is extremely appreciated.
Much love and respect,
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 2 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 3 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 4 Buenos Aires hotel for 2 nights
- 5 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 6 Brazil. Reading lists
- 7 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 8 Any suggestions for tour companies for Inca Trail Trek to MP?
- 9 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 10 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 11 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 12 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 13 Cajamarca
- 14 Choquequirao Questions
- 15 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 16 Amazon and the Inca Trail
- 17 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 18 South America 2 Months Itinery
- 19 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 20 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 21 5 day Galapagos cruise in Nov
- 22 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 23 Sixty days in Colombia
- 24 Machu Picchu - NatGeo vs. OAT
- 25 Taking the Bus Santiago Airport to Valpo