Headed to Brazil June 8. Booked my airline ticket towards the end of last month, but I have yet to take care of my visa. My understanding is that you can obtain visas 2 ways
1) Brazil Consulate
Here in Los Angeles, the consulate is in Beverly Hills. I need to schedule an appointment online and have all of my materials prepared and ready (passport, pictures, applications, USPS money order, copy of DL, copy of itinerary in and out of country, etc), but ONLY via online appointment. Turnaround time is about 5 business days. Because the hours are limited M-F, and with June and July/World Cup approaching, it looks like the soonest I can book reserve an appointment is... June 5?
2) Visa Agency
Essentially, I pay a premium, around $50-$80 USD plus some absentee fees and an agency will help facilitate this process. My cousin who I am traveling with decided to do this route (successfully too) because he would lose out on money taking the day off from work.
-Is my understanding correct?
-Anyone with similar/related experience?
-Would anyone recommend an Agency route because my time is limited?
-Should I keep checking the Brazil Consulate website for appointment openings?
Any and all help is extremely appreciated.
Much love and respect,
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip Report
- 2 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 3 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 4 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 5 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 6 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 7 1st South American adventure
- 8 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 9 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 10 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 11 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 12 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 13 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 14 For Neoptropical Birders
- 15 Columbia Questions
- 16 Posadas-Paraguay-Brazil-Iguassu: Please, Help Find the Tour Operator
- 17 hotels in Buenos Aires
- 18 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 19 Ecuador Rain Forest with Pre-teens
- 20 Any suggestions for restaurants in Manaus?
- 21 Help with One Week, Christmas, Buenos Aires, solo female traveler
- 22 flights and hotels
- 23 Driver, Mendoza
- 24 Recommendations on where to buy an alpaca coat/jacket in Cusco?
- 25 amazon jungle trips