Headed to Brazil June 8. Booked my airline ticket towards the end of last month, but I have yet to take care of my visa. My understanding is that you can obtain visas 2 ways
1) Brazil Consulate
Here in Los Angeles, the consulate is in Beverly Hills. I need to schedule an appointment online and have all of my materials prepared and ready (passport, pictures, applications, USPS money order, copy of DL, copy of itinerary in and out of country, etc), but ONLY via online appointment. Turnaround time is about 5 business days. Because the hours are limited M-F, and with June and July/World Cup approaching, it looks like the soonest I can book reserve an appointment is... June 5?
2) Visa Agency
Essentially, I pay a premium, around $50-$80 USD plus some absentee fees and an agency will help facilitate this process. My cousin who I am traveling with decided to do this route (successfully too) because he would lose out on money taking the day off from work.
-Is my understanding correct?
-Anyone with similar/related experience?
-Would anyone recommend an Agency route because my time is limited?
-Should I keep checking the Brazil Consulate website for appointment openings?
Any and all help is extremely appreciated.
Much love and respect,
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 2 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 3 South America this October
- 4 San Salvador Layover
- 5 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 6 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 7 Iguazu Falls - 4 star hotel near the airport?
- 8 Wine Tours in Chile and Argentina -
- 9 Chile & Argentina wine trips
- 10 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 11 Huaraz to Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura
- 12 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 13 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 14 2 weeks in Peru/Chile
- 15 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 16 Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela
- 17 Santiago, Chile
- 18 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 19 limited time in Cusco
- 20 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 21 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 22 Visiting Ollantataymbo from Cusco
- 23 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 24 Back "home" in Barranco
- 25 Day trips from Montevideo