Headed to Brazil June 8. Booked my airline ticket towards the end of last month, but I have yet to take care of my visa. My understanding is that you can obtain visas 2 ways
1) Brazil Consulate
Here in Los Angeles, the consulate is in Beverly Hills. I need to schedule an appointment online and have all of my materials prepared and ready (passport, pictures, applications, USPS money order, copy of DL, copy of itinerary in and out of country, etc), but ONLY via online appointment. Turnaround time is about 5 business days. Because the hours are limited M-F, and with June and July/World Cup approaching, it looks like the soonest I can book reserve an appointment is... June 5?
2) Visa Agency
Essentially, I pay a premium, around $50-$80 USD plus some absentee fees and an agency will help facilitate this process. My cousin who I am traveling with decided to do this route (successfully too) because he would lose out on money taking the day off from work.
-Is my understanding correct?
-Anyone with similar/related experience?
-Would anyone recommend an Agency route because my time is limited?
-Should I keep checking the Brazil Consulate website for appointment openings?
Any and all help is extremely appreciated.
Much love and respect,
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Puno hotel with kids?
- 2 Return Flight from Lima to Cuzco
- 3 Argentina (and Chile?): basic itinerary
- 4 Help with Logistics for Machu Picchu, please?
- 5 Ecuador Guide Book
- 6 Driving in Bolivia Near La Paz
- 7 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 8 Money in Buenos Aires
- 9 Best small group walking/hiking tours
- 10 Solo female travelling around South America
- 11 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 12 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 13 Family friendly accommodation Iquitos
- 14 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 15 Buquebus question for AVRooster
- 16 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 17 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 18 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 19 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 20 Quito: Old city or new?
- 21 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 22 Bogota
- 23 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 24 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 25 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler