Headed to Brazil June 8. Booked my airline ticket towards the end of last month, but I have yet to take care of my visa. My understanding is that you can obtain visas 2 ways
1) Brazil Consulate
Here in Los Angeles, the consulate is in Beverly Hills. I need to schedule an appointment online and have all of my materials prepared and ready (passport, pictures, applications, USPS money order, copy of DL, copy of itinerary in and out of country, etc), but ONLY via online appointment. Turnaround time is about 5 business days. Because the hours are limited M-F, and with June and July/World Cup approaching, it looks like the soonest I can book reserve an appointment is... June 5?
2) Visa Agency
Essentially, I pay a premium, around $50-$80 USD plus some absentee fees and an agency will help facilitate this process. My cousin who I am traveling with decided to do this route (successfully too) because he would lose out on money taking the day off from work.
-Is my understanding correct?
-Anyone with similar/related experience?
-Would anyone recommend an Agency route because my time is limited?
-Should I keep checking the Brazil Consulate website for appointment openings?
Any and all help is extremely appreciated.
Much love and respect,
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 (U.S) Microsoft Office365 Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681 :7208 office 24*7
- 2 Assist : AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681 :7208 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 3 Assist: Tec*h SUPP0RT AVG CONTACT 1:8OO:681:72O8 AVG 24*7
- 4 How many days in Medellin area?
- 5 Machu Picchu changes its entry schedule
- 6 Lodging by Medellin Airport
- 7 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 8 Finding a group to hike with
- 9 Buenos Aires, Patagonia hike, Uraguay beach and Iguazu idea feedback needed
- 10 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 11 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 12 Chilean Travel Agent Suggestions Needed
- 13 Galapagus July
- 14 The Atacama Desert
- 15 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 16 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 17 2 day Inca Trek and a fear of exposure/heights
- 18 1 day for Iguazu Falls (I know, but that's all she has)
- 19 Pisco sours
- 20 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 21 Last min cruise to the Galapagos
- 22 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 23 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 24 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!
- 25 Help needed with itinerary for Argentina and Chile