Headed to Brazil June 8. Booked my airline ticket towards the end of last month, but I have yet to take care of my visa. My understanding is that you can obtain visas 2 ways
1) Brazil Consulate
Here in Los Angeles, the consulate is in Beverly Hills. I need to schedule an appointment online and have all of my materials prepared and ready (passport, pictures, applications, USPS money order, copy of DL, copy of itinerary in and out of country, etc), but ONLY via online appointment. Turnaround time is about 5 business days. Because the hours are limited M-F, and with June and July/World Cup approaching, it looks like the soonest I can book reserve an appointment is... June 5?
2) Visa Agency
Essentially, I pay a premium, around $50-$80 USD plus some absentee fees and an agency will help facilitate this process. My cousin who I am traveling with decided to do this route (successfully too) because he would lose out on money taking the day off from work.
-Is my understanding correct?
-Anyone with similar/related experience?
-Would anyone recommend an Agency route because my time is limited?
-Should I keep checking the Brazil Consulate website for appointment openings?
Any and all help is extremely appreciated.
Much love and respect,
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://xtrfact.com/andronite-enhanced/
- 2 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 3 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 4 Argentina with a touch of Chile and some help needed
- 5 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 6 Avianca business class
- 7 Planning Argentina Trip
- 8 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 9 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 10 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 11 Feria de las flores
- 12 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 13 Brazilian Visa Documents - Help!
- 14 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 15 comments
- 16 Cusco to La Paz Priorities: Puno VS Copacabana VS La Paz VS Coroico
- 17 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 18 Huacachina, Peru
- 19 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 20 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 21 Pantanal Lodges
- 22 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 23 Manaus
- 24 Renting a car in Patagonia
- 25 Suenos Aires, Argentina vs Lisbon, Portugal