Headed to Brazil June 8. Booked my airline ticket towards the end of last month, but I have yet to take care of my visa. My understanding is that you can obtain visas 2 ways
1) Brazil Consulate
Here in Los Angeles, the consulate is in Beverly Hills. I need to schedule an appointment online and have all of my materials prepared and ready (passport, pictures, applications, USPS money order, copy of DL, copy of itinerary in and out of country, etc), but ONLY via online appointment. Turnaround time is about 5 business days. Because the hours are limited M-F, and with June and July/World Cup approaching, it looks like the soonest I can book reserve an appointment is... June 5?
2) Visa Agency
Essentially, I pay a premium, around $50-$80 USD plus some absentee fees and an agency will help facilitate this process. My cousin who I am traveling with decided to do this route (successfully too) because he would lose out on money taking the day off from work.
-Is my understanding correct?
-Anyone with similar/related experience?
-Would anyone recommend an Agency route because my time is limited?
-Should I keep checking the Brazil Consulate website for appointment openings?
Any and all help is extremely appreciated.
Much love and respect,
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://bellavitaserumtry.com
- 2 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 3 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 4 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 5 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 6 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 7 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 8 Exciting Times in Colombia
- 9 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 10 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 11 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 12 Sixty days in Colombia
- 13 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 14 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 15 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 16 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 17 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 18 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 19 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 20 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 21 Booking sites - HELP! Don't want to be scammed
- 22 summer olympics in Rio
- 23 2 Weeks in Rio in Nov End
- 24 Trip ideas for 2 weeks in South America??
- 25 Tahuayo Lodge, Amazon