My good friend and I will be traveling to Brazil this February (10 - 23). What we have confirmed right now is Feb 10 - 15 will be spent in Rio, and Feb 20 - 23 in Sao Paulo (we have a friend there otherwise I probably wouldn't spend three nights in SP).
What we need help planning is the five nights in between: Feb 15 - 20.
Following my Brazilian friend's suggestion, what I'm thinking right now is three nights in Ilha Grande (Feb 15 - 18) and then two nights in Paraty (Feb 18 - 20). I thought these two places would be good since they are on the way to SP, but am open to other suggestions. I've read a bit about both places but haven't researched that much in depth. What do you all think? Is this a good plan, or would it be better to do three nights in Paraty and two in Ilha Grande? Or maybe go somewhere else entirely?
A bit about us: 25 and 26 years old, interested in food, music, beaches, relaxing, just hanging out and people watching, as well as the usual major tourist attractions...not huge into outdoorsy stuff (I'll go 'hiking' i.e. walking but am not that into water-based acitvities like kayaking or scuba diving).
If anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them!
Brazil itinerary suggestions - Rio, Ilha Grande, Paraty, Sao Paulo?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Quito: Old city or new?
- 2 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 3 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 4 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 5 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 6 Bogota
- 7 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 8 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 9 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 10 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 11 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 12 4 weeks in Chile
- 13 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 14 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 15 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 16 Para Ti, Brazil
- 17 Advice needed for Colombia
- 18 Chile and Argentina
- 19 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 20 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 21 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 22 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 23 El valle de Elquí
- 24 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 25 Columbia Questions