My good friend and I will be traveling to Brazil this February (10 - 23). What we have confirmed right now is Feb 10 - 15 will be spent in Rio, and Feb 20 - 23 in Sao Paulo (we have a friend there otherwise I probably wouldn't spend three nights in SP).
What we need help planning is the five nights in between: Feb 15 - 20.
Following my Brazilian friend's suggestion, what I'm thinking right now is three nights in Ilha Grande (Feb 15 - 18) and then two nights in Paraty (Feb 18 - 20). I thought these two places would be good since they are on the way to SP, but am open to other suggestions. I've read a bit about both places but haven't researched that much in depth. What do you all think? Is this a good plan, or would it be better to do three nights in Paraty and two in Ilha Grande? Or maybe go somewhere else entirely?
A bit about us: 25 and 26 years old, interested in food, music, beaches, relaxing, just hanging out and people watching, as well as the usual major tourist attractions...not huge into outdoorsy stuff (I'll go 'hiking' i.e. walking but am not that into water-based acitvities like kayaking or scuba diving).
If anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them!
Brazil itinerary suggestions - Rio, Ilha Grande, Paraty, Sao Paulo?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 2 Our Founder at Susie Abney Foundation
- 3 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 4 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 5 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 6 JW Marriott Lima
- 7 Trip Report - Very Long
- 8 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 9 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 10 Quito recommendations
- 11 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 12 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 13 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 14 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 15 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 16 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 17 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 18 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 19 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 20 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 21 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 22 Ecuador-tour guides
- 23 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 24 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 25 lima airport transport