My good friend and I will be traveling to Brazil this February (10 - 23). What we have confirmed right now is Feb 10 - 15 will be spent in Rio, and Feb 20 - 23 in Sao Paulo (we have a friend there otherwise I probably wouldn't spend three nights in SP).
What we need help planning is the five nights in between: Feb 15 - 20.
Following my Brazilian friend's suggestion, what I'm thinking right now is three nights in Ilha Grande (Feb 15 - 18) and then two nights in Paraty (Feb 18 - 20). I thought these two places would be good since they are on the way to SP, but am open to other suggestions. I've read a bit about both places but haven't researched that much in depth. What do you all think? Is this a good plan, or would it be better to do three nights in Paraty and two in Ilha Grande? Or maybe go somewhere else entirely?
A bit about us: 25 and 26 years old, interested in food, music, beaches, relaxing, just hanging out and people watching, as well as the usual major tourist attractions...not huge into outdoorsy stuff (I'll go 'hiking' i.e. walking but am not that into water-based acitvities like kayaking or scuba diving).
If anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them!
Brazil itinerary suggestions - Rio, Ilha Grande, Paraty, Sao Paulo?
- 1 Taxi fares for my options at the Falls (Argentina).
- 2 Estancia near Mendoza?
- 3 Taxi fares for my options at the Falls.
- 4 11-day trip to Easter Island and Santiago.
- 5 Recommendations for Amazon tours
- 6 19 day Peru Itinerary, your thoughts?
- 7 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 8 Machu Pichu accomodation
- 9 Back to South America
- 10 Vaya Adventures
- 11 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 12 travel to iguazu?
- 13 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 14 We will be in Rio during carnival. Advice needed please.
- 15 Had to cancel our trip to Peru
- 16 Van rental in Punta Arena, Chile
- 17 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 18 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 19 Recommendations for Galapagos islands tours
- 20 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 21 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 22 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 23 Need Driver for Iguazu Falls & Foz da Iguacu
- 24 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos
- 25 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?