My good friend and I will be traveling to Brazil this February (10 - 23). What we have confirmed right now is Feb 10 - 15 will be spent in Rio, and Feb 20 - 23 in Sao Paulo (we have a friend there otherwise I probably wouldn't spend three nights in SP).
What we need help planning is the five nights in between: Feb 15 - 20.
Following my Brazilian friend's suggestion, what I'm thinking right now is three nights in Ilha Grande (Feb 15 - 18) and then two nights in Paraty (Feb 18 - 20). I thought these two places would be good since they are on the way to SP, but am open to other suggestions. I've read a bit about both places but haven't researched that much in depth. What do you all think? Is this a good plan, or would it be better to do three nights in Paraty and two in Ilha Grande? Or maybe go somewhere else entirely?
A bit about us: 25 and 26 years old, interested in food, music, beaches, relaxing, just hanging out and people watching, as well as the usual major tourist attractions...not huge into outdoorsy stuff (I'll go 'hiking' i.e. walking but am not that into water-based acitvities like kayaking or scuba diving).
If anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 2 http://www.supplementoffers.org/zyalix-reviews/
- 3 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST
- 4 visiting Patagonia on cruise ship vs land trip
- 5 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 6 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 7 Tour guide/ agency
- 8 Local tour operator - Patagonia / Bariloche
- 9 Making the most of Montevideo
- 10 Southern Bolivia from Northwest Argentina?
- 11 Ecuador - Tap Water Question
- 12 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 13 Santiago - where to stay?
- 14 Peru Trip Report-Lima, Paracas, Cusco
- 15 Peru transport questioins
- 16 Places to eat like a local
- 17 No exit stamp for Argentina - problem?
- 18 Chile Trekking options
- 19 Customs/Immigration Buenos Aires
- 20 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 21 Posting Again...any info on Macae, Brazil..100+ miles north of Rio?
- 22 Packing for 2.5 months in Buenos Aires
- 23 Oasis Collection - Apartments in Buenos Aires
- 24 Insect repellent recommendations
- 25 Is Nat Geo Family Odyssey to Galapagos truly kid-friendly
Brazil itinerary suggestions - Rio, Ilha Grande, Paraty, Sao Paulo?