Hi! We're flying into Iguazu Falls from Lima and spending the month of August in Brazil. We were originally thinking of going from there up the coast to Rio e.g. Sao Paulo, Vila Ilhabelo, Paraty, Ilha grande and Rio. But given that the weather will be cool, we're thinking of switching to something along the lines of Iguazu Falls, Pantanal, Salvador, Praia Do Forte, Rio. So enjoy the Pantanal and warmer northern beaches and then end up in Rio. Any thoughts or recommendations on inexpensive ways to see Pantanal with kids (ages 7 and 9; who would be up for a shorter hike but not horseback riding all day). Alternatively, we could do Igacu Falls, Cuitiba/Sao Paulo, Paraty, Salvador, Praia Do Forte, back to Rio? All suggestions welcome! Thanks!
Brazil in August with kids
- 1 11-day trip to Easter Island and Santiago.
- 2 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 3 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 4 Machu Pichu accomodation
- 5 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 6 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 7 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 8 Back to South America
- 9 We will be in Rio during carnival. Advice needed please.
- 10 Need Driver for Iguazu Falls & Foz da Iguacu
- 11 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 12 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos
- 13 Vaya Adventures
- 14 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 15 Help with Flight Delays & Planning????
- 16 Flights on LAN
- 17 Need help with Cusco itinerary
- 18 Eight Days on Horseback in the Avenue of the Volcanoes
- 19 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 20 More suggested reading
- 21 Family Trip to the Galapagos Islands
- 22 Peru Trip Report & Reviews (Lima, Sacred Valley, Manu, Cusco)
- 23 Has anyone heard of the tour company "escapes unlimited"?
- 24 which hotel in Cusco-- Second Home or Hotel Andenes al Cielo
- 25 Trip to Peru with my girlfriend (mid 20s)