Hi! We're flying into Iguazu Falls from Lima and spending the month of August in Brazil. We were originally thinking of going from there up the coast to Rio e.g. Sao Paulo, Vila Ilhabelo, Paraty, Ilha grande and Rio. But given that the weather will be cool, we're thinking of switching to something along the lines of Iguazu Falls, Pantanal, Salvador, Praia Do Forte, Rio. So enjoy the Pantanal and warmer northern beaches and then end up in Rio. Any thoughts or recommendations on inexpensive ways to see Pantanal with kids (ages 7 and 9; who would be up for a shorter hike but not horseback riding all day). Alternatively, we could do Igacu Falls, Cuitiba/Sao Paulo, Paraty, Salvador, Praia Do Forte, back to Rio? All suggestions welcome! Thanks!
Brazil in August with kids
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 2 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 3 Wet suits in Galapagos
- 4 Tupiza to Tilcara
- 5 8 Days in Peru
- 6 Hostels in Oruro during Carnaval?
- 7 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 8 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 9 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 10 Transportation in Ecuador
- 11 NW of Argentina
- 12 adventure tour on the Amazon
- 13 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 14 Ten days in Ecuador
- 15 amazon jungle trips
- 16 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 17 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 18 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 19 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 20 Dollars, sols or credit cards in Peru?
- 21 Peru versus Bolivia
- 22 Need advise for Argentina and surrounding areas in May??
- 23 Enchanting-South America-tour companies
- 24 altitude sickness (Bolivia vs. Peru)
- 25 Need help in where to stay in Mendoza in December