Hi! We're flying into Iguazu Falls from Lima and spending the month of August in Brazil. We were originally thinking of going from there up the coast to Rio e.g. Sao Paulo, Vila Ilhabelo, Paraty, Ilha grande and Rio. But given that the weather will be cool, we're thinking of switching to something along the lines of Iguazu Falls, Pantanal, Salvador, Praia Do Forte, Rio. So enjoy the Pantanal and warmer northern beaches and then end up in Rio. Any thoughts or recommendations on inexpensive ways to see Pantanal with kids (ages 7 and 9; who would be up for a shorter hike but not horseback riding all day). Alternatively, we could do Igacu Falls, Cuitiba/Sao Paulo, Paraty, Salvador, Praia Do Forte, back to Rio? All suggestions welcome! Thanks!
Brazil in August with kids
View all South America activity »
- 1 Crellston and Others
- 2 Reflections on our South America trip
- 3 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 4 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 5 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 6 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 7 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 8 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 9 8 Days in Brazil
- 10 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 11 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 12 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 13 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 14 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 15 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 16 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 17 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 18 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 19 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 20 Peru Hop?
- 21 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 22 Uruguay Re-Do
- 23 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 24 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 25 More suggested reading