We are going to Bolivia in June, and I just found out there are some (apparently wonderful) trails there - The Choro Trail, the Takesi Trail, the Yunga Cruz Trail, and maybe others. I was wondering which one is more spectacular, whether you have had any positive / negative experiences with travel agencies, and whether we could do the trails alone, without a guide?
How much do they cost, with an agency?
Also, is it possible to rent a tent and the sleeping bags, stove etc in La Paz?
Any other advice and impressions on these trail would be very - very helpful for our huge travel plan! (it's like we were building an atomic reactor or something like this...
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 2 Packing for Chile in November
- 3 Safety warning?
- 4 Iguazu falls logistics
- 5 Lima stopover
- 6 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 7 Amazon side trip
- 8 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 9 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 10 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 11 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 12 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 13 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 14 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 15 Santiago - where to stay?
- 16 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 17 Tour guide/ agency
- 18 Patagonia Planning
- 19 Salta/NW Argentina, no car
- 20 March trip to Brazil
- 21 Iguazu Falls -- is Brazil side worth the cost?
- 22 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 23 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 24 Iguacu Falls Itinerary and Photography Question
- 25 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST