We are going to Bolivia in June, and I just found out there are some (apparently wonderful) trails there - The Choro Trail, the Takesi Trail, the Yunga Cruz Trail, and maybe others. I was wondering which one is more spectacular, whether you have had any positive / negative experiences with travel agencies, and whether we could do the trails alone, without a guide?
How much do they cost, with an agency?
Also, is it possible to rent a tent and the sleeping bags, stove etc in La Paz?
Any other advice and impressions on these trail would be very - very helpful for our huge travel plan! (it's like we were building an atomic reactor or something like this...
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Studying Spanish in Quito and Cuenca 2007
- 2 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 3 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 4 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 5 Machu Picchu in January
- 6 Dining in Medellin
- 7 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 8 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 9 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 10 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 11 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 12 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 13 santiago chile area
- 14 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 15 Reflections on our South America trip
- 16 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 17 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 18 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 19 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?
- 20 visit in the area of Campinas,Brazil and weather
- 21 Buying show tickets to Cafe Tortoni
- 22 Iguazu Falls-"Best" Way to Reach/See
- 23 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 24 One week in Cartagena?
- 25 Argentina 3 week Itinerary