We are going to Bolivia in June, and I just found out there are some (apparently wonderful) trails there - The Choro Trail, the Takesi Trail, the Yunga Cruz Trail, and maybe others. I was wondering which one is more spectacular, whether you have had any positive / negative experiences with travel agencies, and whether we could do the trails alone, without a guide?
How much do they cost, with an agency?
Also, is it possible to rent a tent and the sleeping bags, stove etc in La Paz?
Any other advice and impressions on these trail would be very - very helpful for our huge travel plan! (it's like we were building an atomic reactor or something like this...
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 2 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 3 Brasilia, So. Pantanal & Bonito
- 4 Buenos Aires hotel for 2 nights
- 5 Too Long, but ain't gonna' change
- 6 Travel to Bolivia
- 7 Argentina - Best of Salta in 4 days
- 8 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 9 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 10 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 11 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 12 Brazil. Reading lists
- 13 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 14 Any suggestions for tour companies for Inca Trail Trek to MP?
- 15 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 16 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 17 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 18 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 19 Cajamarca
- 20 Choquequirao Questions
- 21 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 22 Amazon and the Inca Trail
- 23 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 24 South America 2 Months Itinery
- 25 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?