We are going to Bolivia in June, and I just found out there are some (apparently wonderful) trails there - The Choro Trail, the Takesi Trail, the Yunga Cruz Trail, and maybe others. I was wondering which one is more spectacular, whether you have had any positive / negative experiences with travel agencies, and whether we could do the trails alone, without a guide?
How much do they cost, with an agency?
Also, is it possible to rent a tent and the sleeping bags, stove etc in La Paz?
Any other advice and impressions on these trail would be very - very helpful for our huge travel plan! (it's like we were building an atomic reactor or something like this...
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Hiking Tour Companies - Machu Picchu & Chile
- 2 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 3 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 4 Lima-Cusco-Ollantaytambo-Machu Picchu first timers
- 5 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 6 Exploring the cities of Ecuador's Andes
- 7 Choquequirao Questions
- 8 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 9 MARCHU PICCHU
- 10 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 11 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 12 One week in Cartagena?
- 13 What type of currency for Bolivia
- 14 Cordoba horseback riding day trip
- 15 Thoughts on our itinerary?
- 16 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 17 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 18 Ecuador Pure Life (tour operator) - very negative experience
- 19 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 20 Another Brazil Visa Application Form question!
- 21 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 22 Iquitos Peru and rain forest
- 23 Help w 2nd Guessing Peru itinerary
- 24 Senior Citizens traveling to Machu Picchu
- 25 2 week Peru trip itinerary - Appreciate feedback