Certainly have heard about major sites and places to see, which are on the hit list, but interested in learning a bit more about a few things/places:
Wondering if you can share your thoughts/opinions on La Ciclovia, the Sunday morning/early afternoon time when the streets are closed to auto-traffic and open to cyclists and pedestrians. Excited to experience it but wondering how crowded it may be and where the best places to explore on two wheels. Staying in La Candelaria. That Sunday will be our first day in Bogota (and Colombia).
Also seeking some opinions about the Cathedral de Sal/ Salt Cathedral in Zipaquira and wondering if it would be among the places to make the effort to visit if you had three full days in Bogota. Intrigued about the subterranean church built from Salt - and the surrounding town. Suggestions, too, on best way to get there?
Similarly, the Volcan de Lodo el Totumo, outside of Cartegna are known for the volcanic mud baths. Any experiences to share on what it's like. Thinking of making a day trip there - and also trying to figure out the best way to get there.
I'll search the Forum for restaurant recommendations, but if there are any you'd like to share, that would be great.
Bogota: La Ciclovia and Salt Cathedral, and Volcan de Lodo el Totumo
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 2 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 3 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 4 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 5 JW Marriott Lima
- 6 Trip Report - Very Long
- 7 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 8 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 9 Quito recommendations
- 10 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 11 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 12 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 13 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 14 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 15 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 16 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 17 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 18 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 19 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 20 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 21 Ecuador-tour guides
- 22 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 23 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 24 lima airport transport
- 25 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback