Certainly have heard about major sites and places to see, which are on the hit list, but interested in learning a bit more about a few things/places:
Wondering if you can share your thoughts/opinions on La Ciclovia, the Sunday morning/early afternoon time when the streets are closed to auto-traffic and open to cyclists and pedestrians. Excited to experience it but wondering how crowded it may be and where the best places to explore on two wheels. Staying in La Candelaria. That Sunday will be our first day in Bogota (and Colombia).
Also seeking some opinions about the Cathedral de Sal/ Salt Cathedral in Zipaquira and wondering if it would be among the places to make the effort to visit if you had three full days in Bogota. Intrigued about the subterranean church built from Salt - and the surrounding town. Suggestions, too, on best way to get there?
Similarly, the Volcan de Lodo el Totumo, outside of Cartegna are known for the volcanic mud baths. Any experiences to share on what it's like. Thinking of making a day trip there - and also trying to figure out the best way to get there.
I'll search the Forum for restaurant recommendations, but if there are any you'd like to share, that would be great.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 South America this October
- 2 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 3 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 4 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 5 San Salvador Layover
- 6 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 7 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 8 Iguazu Falls - 4 star hotel near the airport?
- 9 Wine Tours in Chile and Argentina -
- 10 Chile & Argentina wine trips
- 11 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 12 Huaraz to Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura
- 13 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 14 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 15 2 weeks in Peru/Chile
- 16 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 17 Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela
- 18 Santiago, Chile
- 19 limited time in Cusco
- 20 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 21 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 22 Visiting Ollantataymbo from Cusco
- 23 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 24 Back "home" in Barranco
- 25 Day trips from Montevideo
Bogota: La Ciclovia and Salt Cathedral, and Volcan de Lodo el Totumo