Certainly have heard about major sites and places to see, which are on the hit list, but interested in learning a bit more about a few things/places:
Wondering if you can share your thoughts/opinions on La Ciclovia, the Sunday morning/early afternoon time when the streets are closed to auto-traffic and open to cyclists and pedestrians. Excited to experience it but wondering how crowded it may be and where the best places to explore on two wheels. Staying in La Candelaria. That Sunday will be our first day in Bogota (and Colombia).
Also seeking some opinions about the Cathedral de Sal/ Salt Cathedral in Zipaquira and wondering if it would be among the places to make the effort to visit if you had three full days in Bogota. Intrigued about the subterranean church built from Salt - and the surrounding town. Suggestions, too, on best way to get there?
Similarly, the Volcan de Lodo el Totumo, outside of Cartegna are known for the volcanic mud baths. Any experiences to share on what it's like. Thinking of making a day trip there - and also trying to figure out the best way to get there.
I'll search the Forum for restaurant recommendations, but if there are any you'd like to share, that would be great.
Bogota: La Ciclovia and Salt Cathedral, and Volcan de Lodo el Totumo
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Language school in Antigua or Quetzaltenango
- 2 TDP in August
- 3 Peru in December
- 4 Quito: Old city or new?
- 5 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 6 amazon jungle trips
- 7 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 8 Amazon Cruise
- 9 3 Full Days in Iguazu?
- 10 Trip with my boyfriend to the Brazilian city of São Paulo!
- 11 Brazil for Carnival
- 12 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 13 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 14 Last 2 weeks
- 15 10 nights in Argentina
- 16 Flight to El Calafate for one day
- 17 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 18 Sobering Film
- 19 Travel to Peru with my 5 best friends!
- 20 Estancias Outside Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 21 Peru- making up a small 50+ group
- 22 Machu Picchu First?
- 23 Rosh Hashanah
- 24 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 25 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report