Certainly have heard about major sites and places to see, which are on the hit list, but interested in learning a bit more about a few things/places:
Wondering if you can share your thoughts/opinions on La Ciclovia, the Sunday morning/early afternoon time when the streets are closed to auto-traffic and open to cyclists and pedestrians. Excited to experience it but wondering how crowded it may be and where the best places to explore on two wheels. Staying in La Candelaria. That Sunday will be our first day in Bogota (and Colombia).
Also seeking some opinions about the Cathedral de Sal/ Salt Cathedral in Zipaquira and wondering if it would be among the places to make the effort to visit if you had three full days in Bogota. Intrigued about the subterranean church built from Salt - and the surrounding town. Suggestions, too, on best way to get there?
Similarly, the Volcan de Lodo el Totumo, outside of Cartegna are known for the volcanic mud baths. Any experiences to share on what it's like. Thinking of making a day trip there - and also trying to figure out the best way to get there.
I'll search the Forum for restaurant recommendations, but if there are any you'd like to share, that would be great.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 2 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 3 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 4 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 5 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 6 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 7 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 8 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 9 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 10 Iquitos
- 11 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 12 Rainbow mountain trek
- 13 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 14 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 15 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 16 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 17 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 18 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 19 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 20 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 21 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 22 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio
- 23 Bariloche car rental
- 24 Guide recommendation Cusco Sacred Valley Machu Picchu
- 25 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
Bogota: La Ciclovia and Salt Cathedral, and Volcan de Lodo el Totumo