Certainly have heard about major sites and places to see, which are on the hit list, but interested in learning a bit more about a few things/places:
Wondering if you can share your thoughts/opinions on La Ciclovia, the Sunday morning/early afternoon time when the streets are closed to auto-traffic and open to cyclists and pedestrians. Excited to experience it but wondering how crowded it may be and where the best places to explore on two wheels. Staying in La Candelaria. That Sunday will be our first day in Bogota (and Colombia).
Also seeking some opinions about the Cathedral de Sal/ Salt Cathedral in Zipaquira and wondering if it would be among the places to make the effort to visit if you had three full days in Bogota. Intrigued about the subterranean church built from Salt - and the surrounding town. Suggestions, too, on best way to get there?
Similarly, the Volcan de Lodo el Totumo, outside of Cartegna are known for the volcanic mud baths. Any experiences to share on what it's like. Thinking of making a day trip there - and also trying to figure out the best way to get there.
I'll search the Forum for restaurant recommendations, but if there are any you'd like to share, that would be great.
Bogota: La Ciclovia and Salt Cathedral, and Volcan de Lodo el Totumo
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina Holiday Help
- 2 Trip Report
- 3 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 4 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 5 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 6 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 7 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 8 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 9 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 10 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 11 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 12 1st South American adventure
- 13 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 14 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 15 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 16 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 17 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 18 For Neoptropical Birders
- 19 Columbia Questions
- 20 Posadas-Paraguay-Brazil-Iguassu: Please, Help Find the Tour Operator
- 21 hotels in Buenos Aires
- 22 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 23 Ecuador Rain Forest with Pre-teens
- 24 Any suggestions for restaurants in Manaus?
- 25 Help with One Week, Christmas, Buenos Aires, solo female traveler