I've read a lot about bringing US dollars to Argentina to exchange for the blue rate, but exactly how does one go about that in Buenos Aires? I will be entering Argentina after 10 days in Chile, but my husband and son will be joining me, flying directly from the US, so they could bring the necessary US dollars. But, it seems at least a little dangerous to be carrying so much US cash and then Argentinean cash. We will be in Buenos Aires for a couple of nights and in El Calafate and El Chaten for 5 nights. We are using points to stay at the Hilton in BA, but have booked the other hotels through an internet hotel reservation service. Has anyone had experience confirming the reservation and cash payment directly with hotels in these town and then cancelling the internet reservation? Thanks in advance for any help and comments.
View all South America activity »
- 1 should we skip Bolivia in Febuary.
- 2 Crellston and Others
- 3 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 4 Reflections on our South America trip
- 5 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 6 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 7 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 8 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 9 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 10 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 11 8 Days in Brazil
- 12 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 13 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 14 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 15 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 16 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 17 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 18 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 19 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 20 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 21 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 22 Peru Hop?
- 23 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 24 Uruguay Re-Do
- 25 Montevideo, Uruguay