I've read a lot about bringing US dollars to Argentina to exchange for the blue rate, but exactly how does one go about that in Buenos Aires? I will be entering Argentina after 10 days in Chile, but my husband and son will be joining me, flying directly from the US, so they could bring the necessary US dollars. But, it seems at least a little dangerous to be carrying so much US cash and then Argentinean cash. We will be in Buenos Aires for a couple of nights and in El Calafate and El Chaten for 5 nights. We are using points to stay at the Hilton in BA, but have booked the other hotels through an internet hotel reservation service. Has anyone had experience confirming the reservation and cash payment directly with hotels in these town and then cancelling the internet reservation? Thanks in advance for any help and comments.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 2 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 3 Trip Report - Very Long
- 4 JW Marriott Lima
- 5 Quito recommendations
- 6 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 7 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 8 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 9 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 10 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 11 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 12 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 13 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 14 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 15 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 16 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 17 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 18 Ecuador-tour guides
- 19 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 20 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 21 lima airport transport
- 22 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 23 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 24 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 25 Argentina currency