I've read a lot about bringing US dollars to Argentina to exchange for the blue rate, but exactly how does one go about that in Buenos Aires? I will be entering Argentina after 10 days in Chile, but my husband and son will be joining me, flying directly from the US, so they could bring the necessary US dollars. But, it seems at least a little dangerous to be carrying so much US cash and then Argentinean cash. We will be in Buenos Aires for a couple of nights and in El Calafate and El Chaten for 5 nights. We are using points to stay at the Hilton in BA, but have booked the other hotels through an internet hotel reservation service. Has anyone had experience confirming the reservation and cash payment directly with hotels in these town and then cancelling the internet reservation? Thanks in advance for any help and comments.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 2 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 3 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 4 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 5 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 6 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 7 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 8 Quito trip review with Gate 1 Travel
- 9 2 weeks in Argentina
- 10 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 11 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 12 Back to South America
- 13 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 14 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 15 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 16 JW Marriott Lima
- 17 Trip Report - Very Long
- 18 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 19 Quito recommendations
- 20 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 21 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 22 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 23 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 24 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 25 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service