I've read a lot about bringing US dollars to Argentina to exchange for the blue rate, but exactly how does one go about that in Buenos Aires? I will be entering Argentina after 10 days in Chile, but my husband and son will be joining me, flying directly from the US, so they could bring the necessary US dollars. But, it seems at least a little dangerous to be carrying so much US cash and then Argentinean cash. We will be in Buenos Aires for a couple of nights and in El Calafate and El Chaten for 5 nights. We are using points to stay at the Hilton in BA, but have booked the other hotels through an internet hotel reservation service. Has anyone had experience confirming the reservation and cash payment directly with hotels in these town and then cancelling the internet reservation? Thanks in advance for any help and comments.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 1 day in Rio
- 2 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 3 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 4 Solo female travelling around South America
- 5 Bariloche car rental
- 6 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 7 Galapagos Islands
- 8 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 9 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 10 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 11 Day trip to Paracas
- 12 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 13 Peru trip
- 14 Amazon Manaus Tour Guides
- 15 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 16 Chile or Chile/Argentina - 3 Itinerary Ideas, Can't Decide!
- 17 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 18 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 19 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 20 Mendoza - Wine Lodges robberies
- 21 Logistics for visit to Lake Titicaca
- 22 Peru: Machu Picchu Cusco itinerary help
- 23 Need help with planning a six-week trip?
- 24 Mendoza to Bariloche
- 25 Advice needed for Colombia