I have visited many Latin American great colonial gems: Cuzco, Quito, Buenos Aires (although different obviously), Ouro Preto, Rio de Janeiro (different again), Salvador in Brazil (again different), Cartagena, Guanajuato, etc. Do you personally think Sucre ranks among these places I have been to in regard to being a 'must-see' colonial destination? I only ask because I looked up Avianca Airlines and saw that the price is $754USD 1-way on a random Wednesday afternoon 1 month from now from Bogota to Santa Cruz (not even to Sucre)! Wow. Sucre is truly a difficult place to reach. Hence I am reconsidering going there unless I get some strong feedback (ultimately opinions) saying that Sucre truly ranks among South America's greatest sightseeing destinations rather than more of a place to visit ‘only if you are already in the area’. Regardless of the money involved, what do you think in regard to going out of your way to see Sucre?
Big Transportation Cost: Should I Reconsider a Visit to ‘Colonial’ Sucre?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 2 JW Marriott Lima
- 3 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 4 Trip Report - Very Long
- 5 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 6 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 7 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 8 Quito recommendations
- 9 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 10 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 11 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 12 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 13 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 14 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 15 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 16 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 17 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 18 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 19 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 20 Ecuador-tour guides
- 21 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 22 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 23 lima airport transport
- 24 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 25 Father Daughter Trip to Peru