My 20 year old son is heading off for a 6 week trip to Brazil and I am looking for advice on the best way for him to handle cash while there. He has a Bank of America ATM card (Cirrus) and a Visa, but I have heard that the best way to deal with cash is to get a prepaid cash card. Any thoughts/experiences would be most appreciated. Thank you!
Best way to manage cash...
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Quito: Old city or new?
- 2 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 3 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 4 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 5 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 6 Bogota
- 7 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 8 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 9 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 10 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 11 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 12 4 weeks in Chile
- 13 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 14 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 15 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 16 Para Ti, Brazil
- 17 Advice needed for Colombia
- 18 Chile and Argentina
- 19 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 20 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 21 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 22 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 23 El valle de Elquí
- 24 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 25 Columbia Questions