My 20 year old son is heading off for a 6 week trip to Brazil and I am looking for advice on the best way for him to handle cash while there. He has a Bank of America ATM card (Cirrus) and a Visa, but I have heard that the best way to deal with cash is to get a prepaid cash card. Any thoughts/experiences would be most appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 2 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 3 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 4 Exciting Times in Colombia
- 5 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 6 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 7 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 8 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 9 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 10 Sixty days in Colombia
- 11 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 12 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 13 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 14 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 15 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 16 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 17 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 18 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 19 Booking sites - HELP! Don't want to be scammed
- 20 summer olympics in Rio
- 21 2 Weeks in Rio in Nov End
- 22 Trip ideas for 2 weeks in South America??
- 23 Tahuayo Lodge, Amazon
- 24 Most Efficient Travel from Peru to Chile?
- 25 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?