My 20 year old son is heading off for a 6 week trip to Brazil and I am looking for advice on the best way for him to handle cash while there. He has a Bank of America ATM card (Cirrus) and a Visa, but I have heard that the best way to deal with cash is to get a prepaid cash card. Any thoughts/experiences would be most appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Mom wants to go to cusco/macchu picchu in 5 days - impossible?
- 2 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 3 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 4 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 5 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 6 Argentina &TDP-8th-18th April.
- 7 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 8 Safety warning?
- 9 Iguazu falls logistics
- 10 Packing for Chile in November
- 11 Lima stopover
- 12 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 13 Amazon side trip
- 14 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 15 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 16 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 17 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 18 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 19 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 20 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 21 Santiago - where to stay?
- 22 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 23 Tour guide/ agency
- 24 Patagonia Planning
- 25 Salta/NW Argentina, no car