My 20 year old son is heading off for a 6 week trip to Brazil and I am looking for advice on the best way for him to handle cash while there. He has a Bank of America ATM card (Cirrus) and a Visa, but I have heard that the best way to deal with cash is to get a prepaid cash card. Any thoughts/experiences would be most appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru's Amazon and the Heat - Iquitos Ceiba Tops Lodge vs. Puerto Maldonado
- 2 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 3 Senior Travelers to Galapagos
- 4 galapagos island
- 5 Thinking of OAT trip to Machu Picchu, Galapagos and Amazon Rain Forest
- 6 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 7 christmas in buenos aires
- 8 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 9 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 10 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 11 Best Latin American countries!
- 12 Peru in Late February?
- 13 Sao Paulo
- 14 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 15 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 16 Salud !
- 17 Cartagena
- 18 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 19 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 20 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 21 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 22 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 23 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 24 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 25 Galapagos Island