So in my research I have come across three main points in three countries where travellers tend to visit the Amazon:
I know "best" is very subjective, so let me tell you what I see when I see the Amazon. I see the river, surrounded in its entirety by the rainforest, with the banks lined with scatterings of exotic wildlife and a sense of real adventure. This probably doesn't help but anyway.
Currently I am tending towards Rurrenabaque in Bolivia as advised by a girl who had done a very similar trip as I plan to follow and who saw the Amazon from Manaus. It is also the the most convenient for me given my planned route Brazil-Argentina-Bolivia-Peru, in which at no point do I plan to visit the North or Brazil or Peru.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://www.pureasiangarciniareview.com/testadrox/
- 2 Elevation acclimatization, transportation, and lodging help!?
- 3 Amazon, OIlantaytambo, Colca Canyon, Pacasmay and About
- 4 Car and Driver in Rio De Janeiro
- 5 Uruguay for wildlife
- 6 Destination Recommendation (w/ specifics)
- 7 Wha to expect from Cartagena, Colombia.
- 8 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 9 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 10 El Calafate excursions
- 11 Ecuador earthquake
- 12 Peru & Ecuador
- 13 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 14 Our 2016 South America Trip
- 15 Peru - Chinchero questions
- 16 Mendoza airport will be closed: Sept- Dec
- 17 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 18 Stray Dogs?
- 19 Salkantay trek
- 20 Iquitos vs Manu Peru Amazon
- 21 Visiting Alagoas or Boipeba
- 22 Need suggestions about 7 days Cusco itinerary
- 23 Enrico Poli Collection
- 24 Request for Galapagos Itinerary Assistance
- 25 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?