So in my research I have come across three main points in three countries where travellers tend to visit the Amazon:
I know "best" is very subjective, so let me tell you what I see when I see the Amazon. I see the river, surrounded in its entirety by the rainforest, with the banks lined with scatterings of exotic wildlife and a sense of real adventure. This probably doesn't help but anyway.
Currently I am tending towards Rurrenabaque in Bolivia as advised by a girl who had done a very similar trip as I plan to follow and who saw the Amazon from Manaus. It is also the the most convenient for me given my planned route Brazil-Argentina-Bolivia-Peru, in which at no point do I plan to visit the North or Brazil or Peru.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Blue Fortera http://musclech3mistry.org/blue-fortera/
- 2 2 weeks in Chile
- 3 South American Mix: Easter Island, Machu Picchu, Rio & the Pantanal
- 4 Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Amazon Rainforest + more
- 5 Torres Del Paine - total 2 weeks in Chile
- 6 Buenos Aires for a month?
- 7 Cartagena tips
- 8 Argentina (Chile?)
- 9 Steaks and Tango - Suggestions Please
- 10 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 11 Cartegena - beach or centre for a week?
- 12 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 13 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 14 What to skip in Argentina
- 15 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 16 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 17 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 18 40th Birthday Trip: Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, Amazon
- 19 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 20 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 21 Itineraries
- 22 Advice on Chile itinerary
- 23 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 24 Itinerary Help Argentina Chile Patagonia in 23 days
- 25 Please help with Peru itinerary