Does anyone have a suggestion for a beach to go to other than Copacabana and Ipanema? Are any of the beaches safe to swim in? It sounds like there is a lot of pollution so therefore not much swimming. I've researched online a little bit and am really not sure. My wife and I are looking for something safe, pictureseque, relatively easy to get to from the Copacabana area, and that prefarably has food options nearby for lunch .
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Tour guide/ agency
- 2 Cassis Restaurant gift certificate?
- 3 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 4 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 5 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST
- 6 visiting Patagonia on cruise ship vs land trip
- 7 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 8 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 9 Local tour operator - Patagonia / Bariloche
- 10 Making the most of Montevideo
- 11 Southern Bolivia from Northwest Argentina?
- 12 Ecuador - Tap Water Question
- 13 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 14 Santiago - where to stay?
- 15 Peru Trip Report-Lima, Paracas, Cusco
- 16 Peru transport questioins
- 17 Places to eat like a local
- 18 No exit stamp for Argentina - problem?
- 19 Chile Trekking options
- 20 Customs/Immigration Buenos Aires
- 21 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 22 Posting Again...any info on Macae, Brazil..100+ miles north of Rio?
- 23 Packing for 2.5 months in Buenos Aires
- 24 Oasis Collection - Apartments in Buenos Aires
- 25 Insect repellent recommendations