Two friends and I are going to be volunteering in a village a couple hours outside Quito for the month of May. Afterwards we plan on backpacking around ecuador, peru, and bolivia until about mid-July (roughly 6 weeks). We are determined to visit the Galapagos and Machu Picchu, but other than that we are very open.
We are one guy and two girls all around 25 years old, and all pretty adventurous and in good shape. Friends have recommended a visit to the jungle and salt flats in bolivia; can anyone offer some feedback on those? Any other ideas/recommendations/your favorites from these three countries would be highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 2 Argentina &TDP-8th-18th April.
- 3 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 4 Safety warning?
- 5 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 6 Iguazu falls logistics
- 7 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 8 Packing for Chile in November
- 9 Lima stopover
- 10 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 11 Amazon side trip
- 12 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 13 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 14 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 15 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 16 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 17 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 18 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 19 Santiago - where to stay?
- 20 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 21 Tour guide/ agency
- 22 Patagonia Planning
- 23 Salta/NW Argentina, no car
- 24 March trip to Brazil
- 25 Iguazu Falls -- is Brazil side worth the cost?