Two friends and I are going to be volunteering in a village a couple hours outside Quito for the month of May. Afterwards we plan on backpacking around ecuador, peru, and bolivia until about mid-July (roughly 6 weeks). We are determined to visit the Galapagos and Machu Picchu, but other than that we are very open.
We are one guy and two girls all around 25 years old, and all pretty adventurous and in good shape. Friends have recommended a visit to the jungle and salt flats in bolivia; can anyone offer some feedback on those? Any other ideas/recommendations/your favorites from these three countries would be highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Wayna Picchu, Don't Miss It!
- 2 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 3 Lima-Cusco-Ollantaytambo-Machu Picchu first timers
- 4 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 5 Exploring the cities of Ecuador's Andes
- 6 Choquequirao Questions
- 7 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 8 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 9 MARCHU PICCHU
- 10 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 11 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 12 One week in Cartagena?
- 13 What type of currency for Bolivia
- 14 Cordoba horseback riding day trip
- 15 Thoughts on our itinerary?
- 16 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 17 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 18 Ecuador Pure Life (tour operator) - very negative experience
- 19 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 20 Another Brazil Visa Application Form question!
- 21 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 22 Iquitos Peru and rain forest
- 23 Help w 2nd Guessing Peru itinerary
- 24 Senior Citizens traveling to Machu Picchu
- 25 2 week Peru trip itinerary - Appreciate feedback