Two friends and I are going to be volunteering in a village a couple hours outside Quito for the month of May. Afterwards we plan on backpacking around ecuador, peru, and bolivia until about mid-July (roughly 6 weeks). We are determined to visit the Galapagos and Machu Picchu, but other than that we are very open.
We are one guy and two girls all around 25 years old, and all pretty adventurous and in good shape. Friends have recommended a visit to the jungle and salt flats in bolivia; can anyone offer some feedback on those? Any other ideas/recommendations/your favorites from these three countries would be highly appreciated.
Backpacking Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia --> advice please
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 2 Trip Report - Very Long
- 3 JW Marriott Lima
- 4 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 5 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 6 Quito recommendations
- 7 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 8 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 9 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 10 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 11 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 12 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 13 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 14 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 15 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 16 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 17 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 18 Ecuador-tour guides
- 19 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 20 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 21 lima airport transport
- 22 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 23 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 24 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 25 Argentina currency