Two friends and I are going to be volunteering in a village a couple hours outside Quito for the month of May. Afterwards we plan on backpacking around ecuador, peru, and bolivia until about mid-July (roughly 6 weeks). We are determined to visit the Galapagos and Machu Picchu, but other than that we are very open.
We are one guy and two girls all around 25 years old, and all pretty adventurous and in good shape. Friends have recommended a visit to the jungle and salt flats in bolivia; can anyone offer some feedback on those? Any other ideas/recommendations/your favorites from these three countries would be highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST
- 2 visiting Patagonia on cruise ship vs land trip
- 3 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 4 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 5 Tour guide/ agency
- 6 Local tour operator - Patagonia / Bariloche
- 7 Making the most of Montevideo
- 8 Southern Bolivia from Northwest Argentina?
- 9 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 10 Ecuador - Tap Water Question
- 11 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 12 Santiago - where to stay?
- 13 Peru Trip Report-Lima, Paracas, Cusco
- 14 Peru transport questioins
- 15 Places to eat like a local
- 16 No exit stamp for Argentina - problem?
- 17 Chile Trekking options
- 18 Customs/Immigration Buenos Aires
- 19 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 20 Posting Again...any info on Macae, Brazil..100+ miles north of Rio?
- 21 Packing for 2.5 months in Buenos Aires
- 22 Oasis Collection - Apartments in Buenos Aires
- 23 Insect repellent recommendations
- 24 Is Nat Geo Family Odyssey to Galapagos truly kid-friendly
- 25 Galapagos