Two friends and I are going to be volunteering in a village a couple hours outside Quito for the month of May. Afterwards we plan on backpacking around ecuador, peru, and bolivia until about mid-July (roughly 6 weeks). We are determined to visit the Galapagos and Machu Picchu, but other than that we are very open.
We are one guy and two girls all around 25 years old, and all pretty adventurous and in good shape. Friends have recommended a visit to the jungle and salt flats in bolivia; can anyone offer some feedback on those? Any other ideas/recommendations/your favorites from these three countries would be highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 2 Driving tips and suggestions for Torres del Paine
- 3 Help with 3 Week Itinerary
- 4 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice
- 5 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 6 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 7 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 8 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 9 Ecuador, Places to shop
- 10 Only one day in Quito recommendations.
- 11 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 12 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 13 Booking the Grey Glacier Boat Tour
- 14 Volunteering in South America, maybe Peru?
- 15 Atacama and ????
- 16 Departure Tax leaving Colombia
- 17 Travel to Peru in 2 weeks
- 18 How Long Before departure @Bogota Airport Arrival Time
- 19 Tarapoto
- 20 First Time In South America Itinerary
- 21 Patagonia!
- 22 South america to Easter Island then to Tahiti
- 23 Travel from Valparaiso, Chile to Santiago.
- 24 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 25 Interested in opinions on Chile itinerary