Two friends and I are going to be volunteering in a village a couple hours outside Quito for the month of May. Afterwards we plan on backpacking around ecuador, peru, and bolivia until about mid-July (roughly 6 weeks). We are determined to visit the Galapagos and Machu Picchu, but other than that we are very open.
We are one guy and two girls all around 25 years old, and all pretty adventurous and in good shape. Friends have recommended a visit to the jungle and salt flats in bolivia; can anyone offer some feedback on those? Any other ideas/recommendations/your favorites from these three countries would be highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://bellavitaserumtry.com
- 2 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 3 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 4 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 5 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 6 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 7 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 8 Exciting Times in Colombia
- 9 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 10 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 11 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 12 Sixty days in Colombia
- 13 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 14 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 15 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 16 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 17 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 18 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 19 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 20 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 21 Booking sites - HELP! Don't want to be scammed
- 22 summer olympics in Rio
- 23 2 Weeks in Rio in Nov End
- 24 Trip ideas for 2 weeks in South America??
- 25 Tahuayo Lodge, Amazon