I am looking to book some flights into Lima this summer.
The first is for my 20 yo DD, who will be spending 10 weeks interning in Peru this summer. On the STA website, I found a flight from MIA to LIM on Avianca through Bogota for $375 round trip, when everything else is over $700. It's only a little over an hour connection time. Whenever I see deals this good, I need to question them, so any warnings before I book such a flight will be appreciated. Since she'll be travelling alone, my motherly inclination is to pony up the $$ for a non-stop (over $800), but I welcome opinions.
The second "too good to be true" was when I was checking out flights for DH and I (DD being there great excuse to see Peru, which has been high on our "list" for a while now). With our United Mileage plus miles, we can use "saver" mileage 35k miles per leg instead of 70k per leg to get Business Class seats on COPA airlines for our LAX-LIM flight. It Connects through Panama City. Any advice/opinions on COPA airlines will also be greatly appreciated.
Avianca and Copa Airlines - Deals too good to be true? Opinions?
- 1 Galapagos -- Anahi or Millenium
- 2 Taxi fares for my options at the Falls (Argentina).
- 3 Estancia near Mendoza?
- 4 Taxi fares for my options at the Falls.
- 5 11-day trip to Easter Island and Santiago.
- 6 Recommendations for Amazon tours
- 7 19 day Peru Itinerary, your thoughts?
- 8 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 9 Machu Pichu accomodation
- 10 Back to South America
- 11 Vaya Adventures
- 12 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 13 travel to iguazu?
- 14 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 15 We will be in Rio during carnival. Advice needed please.
- 16 Had to cancel our trip to Peru
- 17 Van rental in Punta Arena, Chile
- 18 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 19 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 20 Recommendations for Galapagos islands tours
- 21 Backpacking South America 2014, Gringo + Backpack = Mochilero
- 22 A spare day at Machu Pichu
- 23 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 24 Need Driver for Iguazu Falls & Foz da Iguacu
- 25 Travel agency review: Untamed Path for Ecuador/Galapagos