I am looking to book some flights into Lima this summer.
The first is for my 20 yo DD, who will be spending 10 weeks interning in Peru this summer. On the STA website, I found a flight from MIA to LIM on Avianca through Bogota for $375 round trip, when everything else is over $700. It's only a little over an hour connection time. Whenever I see deals this good, I need to question them, so any warnings before I book such a flight will be appreciated. Since she'll be travelling alone, my motherly inclination is to pony up the $$ for a non-stop (over $800), but I welcome opinions.
The second "too good to be true" was when I was checking out flights for DH and I (DD being there great excuse to see Peru, which has been high on our "list" for a while now). With our United Mileage plus miles, we can use "saver" mileage 35k miles per leg instead of 70k per leg to get Business Class seats on COPA airlines for our LAX-LIM flight. It Connects through Panama City. Any advice/opinions on COPA airlines will also be greatly appreciated.
Avianca and Copa Airlines - Deals too good to be true? Opinions?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 2 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 3 Brazilian music
- 4 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 5 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 6 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 7 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 8 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 9 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 10 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 11 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 12 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 13 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 14 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 15 Private sightseeing
- 16 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 17 Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York
- 18 Honeymoon 9 Days in South America
- 19 argentina & brazil
- 20 Argentina-country's financial woes impact a trip?
- 21 private sightseeing
- 22 private tour options
- 23 Currency Woes
- 24 Trek/Tour companies recommendations
- 25 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS