I am looking to book some flights into Lima this summer.
The first is for my 20 yo DD, who will be spending 10 weeks interning in Peru this summer. On the STA website, I found a flight from MIA to LIM on Avianca through Bogota for $375 round trip, when everything else is over $700. It's only a little over an hour connection time. Whenever I see deals this good, I need to question them, so any warnings before I book such a flight will be appreciated. Since she'll be travelling alone, my motherly inclination is to pony up the $$ for a non-stop (over $800), but I welcome opinions.
The second "too good to be true" was when I was checking out flights for DH and I (DD being there great excuse to see Peru, which has been high on our "list" for a while now). With our United Mileage plus miles, we can use "saver" mileage 35k miles per leg instead of 70k per leg to get Business Class seats on COPA airlines for our LAX-LIM flight. It Connects through Panama City. Any advice/opinions on COPA airlines will also be greatly appreciated.
Avianca and Copa Airlines - Deals too good to be true? Opinions?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 2 1st South American adventure
- 3 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 4 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 5 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 6 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 7 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 8 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 9 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 10 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 11 For Neoptropical Birders
- 12 Columbia Questions
- 13 Posadas-Paraguay-Brazil-Iguassu: Please, Help Find the Tour Operator
- 14 hotels in Buenos Aires
- 15 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 16 Ecuador Rain Forest with Pre-teens
- 17 Any suggestions for restaurants in Manaus?
- 18 Help with One Week, Christmas, Buenos Aires, solo female traveler
- 19 flights and hotels
- 20 Driver, Mendoza
- 21 Recommendations on where to buy an alpaca coat/jacket in Cusco?
- 22 amazon jungle trips
- 23 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 24 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 25 Advice, recommendations and guidance