I am looking to book some flights into Lima this summer.
The first is for my 20 yo DD, who will be spending 10 weeks interning in Peru this summer. On the STA website, I found a flight from MIA to LIM on Avianca through Bogota for $375 round trip, when everything else is over $700. It's only a little over an hour connection time. Whenever I see deals this good, I need to question them, so any warnings before I book such a flight will be appreciated. Since she'll be travelling alone, my motherly inclination is to pony up the $$ for a non-stop (over $800), but I welcome opinions.
The second "too good to be true" was when I was checking out flights for DH and I (DD being there great excuse to see Peru, which has been high on our "list" for a while now). With our United Mileage plus miles, we can use "saver" mileage 35k miles per leg instead of 70k per leg to get Business Class seats on COPA airlines for our LAX-LIM flight. It Connects through Panama City. Any advice/opinions on COPA airlines will also be greatly appreciated.
Avianca and Copa Airlines - Deals too good to be true? Opinions?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip Report - Very Long
- 2 JW Marriott Lima
- 3 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 4 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 5 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 6 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 7 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 8 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 9 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 10 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 11 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 12 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 13 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 14 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 15 Quito recommendations
- 16 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 17 Ecuador-tour guides
- 18 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 19 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 20 lima airport transport
- 21 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 22 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 23 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 24 Argentina currency
- 25 Traveling to Peru for two weeks... Itinerary suggestions needed!!