We arrived in Uruguay and tried to get money from ATMs in the Redbanc and Redbrou networks. We tried varying amounts from 1000 pesos - about $50 - to 5000. No luck at machines in bank lobbies, grocery stores, or even the casino in Punta del Este (we figured those would take anything, even from foreign banks.). I read online that the Citibank machines would take cards from the US, but they didn't have any machines. We finally gave up and got a Visa cash advance when the Pesos we obtained with US dollars ran out. Any advice, other than to carry dollars when traveling in Uruguay?
ATM problems in Uruguay
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 2 Speak to me of Peru
- 3 Back to South America
- 4 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 5 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 6 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 7 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 8 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 9 Fire in Valparaiso
- 10 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 11 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 12 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 13 Ecuador - should we go?
- 14 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 15 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 16 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 17 Driving in Ecuador
- 18 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 19 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 20 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 21 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 22 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 23 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 24 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 25 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra