I'd like to hear from anyone who has visited Iguasu Falls travelling to/from Asuncion.
An old guide book says that there are "executive" buses from Asuncion to Foz de Iguacu (I have a visa for Brazil), and then a bus to the falls. It doesn't mention the travel times, but does say that there would be enough time to see the falls and return to Asuncion in the evening.
I'd like to see the Brazilian and Argentine sides of the falls.
This would be part of a trip: Buenos Aires-> Iguasu Falls-> Santiago de Chile-> B.A.
I could fly into Foz, Brazil, but only if there is a nonstop flight. Or fly into the Argentine town at the falls (how close is it?). Spend a night, then bus to Asuncion to spend a day and night, and on to Santiago.
Where to stay at the falls, in Foz or Argentina? Foz, I suppose, since I only know about the bus from there to Asuncion and I know it close to the falls.
The other option is the day trip or an overnight trip from Asuncion.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 2 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 3 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 4 Salud !
- 5 Peru in Late February?
- 6 christmas in buenos aires
- 7 Cartagena
- 8 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 9 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 10 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 11 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 12 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 13 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 14 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 15 Galapagos Island
- 16 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 17 Puno to Lima
- 18 Solmar Tours in Peru
- 19 opinions on itinerary flow
- 20 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 21 If it's Tuesday, this must be...Nicaragua, the Peruvian Amazon, or Colombia
- 22 Leftover Argentine Pesos - where to sell?
- 23 Cusco Marriott or Andenes al Cielo
- 24 Bolivia (esp Salar de Uyuni) - starting my research
- 25 First time in BA