I'd like to hear from anyone who has visited Iguasu Falls travelling to/from Asuncion.
An old guide book says that there are "executive" buses from Asuncion to Foz de Iguacu (I have a visa for Brazil), and then a bus to the falls. It doesn't mention the travel times, but does say that there would be enough time to see the falls and return to Asuncion in the evening.
I'd like to see the Brazilian and Argentine sides of the falls.
This would be part of a trip: Buenos Aires-> Iguasu Falls-> Santiago de Chile-> B.A.
I could fly into Foz, Brazil, but only if there is a nonstop flight. Or fly into the Argentine town at the falls (how close is it?). Spend a night, then bus to Asuncion to spend a day and night, and on to Santiago.
Where to stay at the falls, in Foz or Argentina? Foz, I suppose, since I only know about the bus from there to Asuncion and I know it close to the falls.
The other option is the day trip or an overnight trip from Asuncion.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Visiting Buenos Aires
- 2 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 3 BA & Patagonia - 9 days in November
- 4 First Time in Argentina and Brazil - Buenos Aires and Rio questions
- 5 Visiting Medellin
- 6 Galapagos: Land based visit + short cruise - opinions appreciated!
- 7 Walking sticks for Machu Picchu?
- 8 Video Report: Argentina, Patagonia Part 1
- 9 brazil beach vacation.... or will get mugged?
- 10 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 11 CasaCor Peru October 2015
- 12 Chile in February and March
- 13 5/6 Hour Layover in Santiago - Advice Please
- 14 Rio and Iguacu
- 15 3 weeks to travel
- 16 Galapagos Island
- 17 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 18 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 19 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 20 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 21 October - March 2016 in South or Central America
- 22 Does anyone have experience with Discovery-tours by gate 1,
- 23 Peru Best Tours
- 24 Peru- Recommendation for tour company to customize 14 day trip
- 25 Brasilia Airport - Need Reassurance!