I'd like to hear from anyone who has visited Iguasu Falls travelling to/from Asuncion.
An old guide book says that there are "executive" buses from Asuncion to Foz de Iguacu (I have a visa for Brazil), and then a bus to the falls. It doesn't mention the travel times, but does say that there would be enough time to see the falls and return to Asuncion in the evening.
I'd like to see the Brazilian and Argentine sides of the falls.
This would be part of a trip: Buenos Aires-> Iguasu Falls-> Santiago de Chile-> B.A.
I could fly into Foz, Brazil, but only if there is a nonstop flight. Or fly into the Argentine town at the falls (how close is it?). Spend a night, then bus to Asuncion to spend a day and night, and on to Santiago.
Where to stay at the falls, in Foz or Argentina? Foz, I suppose, since I only know about the bus from there to Asuncion and I know it close to the falls.
The other option is the day trip or an overnight trip from Asuncion.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cubs vs Dodgers
- 2 Torres Del Paine - total 2 weeks in Chile
- 3 Buenos Aires for a month?
- 4 Cartagena tips
- 5 Argentina (Chile?)
- 6 Steaks and Tango - Suggestions Please
- 7 South American Mix: Easter Island, Machu Picchu, Rio & the Pantanal
- 8 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 9 Cartegena - beach or centre for a week?
- 10 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 11 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 12 What to skip in Argentina
- 13 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 14 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 15 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 16 40th Birthday Trip: Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, Amazon
- 17 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 18 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 19 Itineraries
- 20 Advice on Chile itinerary
- 21 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 22 Itinerary Help Argentina Chile Patagonia in 23 days
- 23 Please help with Peru itinerary
- 24 Machu picchu with a toddler and baby
- 25 3.5 days in Rio