I'd like to hear from anyone who has visited Iguasu Falls travelling to/from Asuncion.
An old guide book says that there are "executive" buses from Asuncion to Foz de Iguacu (I have a visa for Brazil), and then a bus to the falls. It doesn't mention the travel times, but does say that there would be enough time to see the falls and return to Asuncion in the evening.
I'd like to see the Brazilian and Argentine sides of the falls.
This would be part of a trip: Buenos Aires-> Iguasu Falls-> Santiago de Chile-> B.A.
I could fly into Foz, Brazil, but only if there is a nonstop flight. Or fly into the Argentine town at the falls (how close is it?). Spend a night, then bus to Asuncion to spend a day and night, and on to Santiago.
Where to stay at the falls, in Foz or Argentina? Foz, I suppose, since I only know about the bus from there to Asuncion and I know it close to the falls.
The other option is the day trip or an overnight trip from Asuncion.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Customs/Immigration Buenos Aires
- 2 Making the most of Montevideo
- 3 visiting Patagonia on cruise ship vs land trip
- 4 Peru transport questioins
- 5 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST
- 6 Packing for 2.5 months in Buenos Aires
- 7 Oasis Collection - Apartments in Buenos Aires
- 8 Insect repellent recommendations
- 9 Is Nat Geo Family Odyssey to Galapagos truly kid-friendly
- 10 Places to eat like a local
- 11 Galapagos
- 12 Chile Trekking options
- 13 Sunday Brunch at Alvear Palace with Avrooster
- 14 Ecuador - Tap Water Question
- 15 Taxi Ezeiza - BEWARE!
- 16 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 17 Fifteenth
- 18 Four Days in Buenos Aires
- 19 Patagonia w/out Guide
- 20 Suggestions for Antarctica/Patagonia Tour Operator
- 21 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 22 LAN Stopover in Lima
- 23 Sixty days in Colombia
- 24 Packing advice for weather
- 25 Iguazu Falls -- is Brazil side worth the cost?