I'd like to hear from anyone who has visited Iguasu Falls travelling to/from Asuncion.
An old guide book says that there are "executive" buses from Asuncion to Foz de Iguacu (I have a visa for Brazil), and then a bus to the falls. It doesn't mention the travel times, but does say that there would be enough time to see the falls and return to Asuncion in the evening.
I'd like to see the Brazilian and Argentine sides of the falls.
This would be part of a trip: Buenos Aires-> Iguasu Falls-> Santiago de Chile-> B.A.
I could fly into Foz, Brazil, but only if there is a nonstop flight. Or fly into the Argentine town at the falls (how close is it?). Spend a night, then bus to Asuncion to spend a day and night, and on to Santiago.
Where to stay at the falls, in Foz or Argentina? Foz, I suppose, since I only know about the bus from there to Asuncion and I know it close to the falls.
The other option is the day trip or an overnight trip from Asuncion.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 My Lima Layover
- 2 Has anyone taken the 3:30am Cruz del Sur bus out of Lima?
- 3 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 4 Senior Travelers to Galapagos
- 5 Yohan, Why Not Suriname
- 6 Ten Days in Chile - TdP and Atacama
- 7 Booking Galapagos accommodation upon arrival in the high season
- 8 Drawing money at ATMs in Brazil
- 9 Travel Agency in Peru - Deborah Ferrari
- 10 Best Galapagos cruise itinerary when combining with land trips
- 11 Train to Aguas Calientes
- 12 help with a trip to south america
- 13 Restaurant ideas in Lima for my birthday
- 14 Mistura - anyone been?
- 15 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 16 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 17 Jungle Lodge Brazil
- 18 Tickets to enter Machu Picchu
- 19 Ups and downs of our trip to Peru--from Machu Picchu to LIM airport floor
- 20 Other cities to visit in Brazil other than RIO
- 21 Trip to the Amazon!
- 22 3 nights in Arequipa: music, baby alpaca, restaurant suggestions?
- 23 Peruvian Independence Day
- 24 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!
- 25 Globo hours to change money