I'd like to hear from anyone who has visited Iguasu Falls travelling to/from Asuncion.
An old guide book says that there are "executive" buses from Asuncion to Foz de Iguacu (I have a visa for Brazil), and then a bus to the falls. It doesn't mention the travel times, but does say that there would be enough time to see the falls and return to Asuncion in the evening.
I'd like to see the Brazilian and Argentine sides of the falls.
This would be part of a trip: Buenos Aires-> Iguasu Falls-> Santiago de Chile-> B.A.
I could fly into Foz, Brazil, but only if there is a nonstop flight. Or fly into the Argentine town at the falls (how close is it?). Spend a night, then bus to Asuncion to spend a day and night, and on to Santiago.
Where to stay at the falls, in Foz or Argentina? Foz, I suppose, since I only know about the bus from there to Asuncion and I know it close to the falls.
The other option is the day trip or an overnight trip from Asuncion.
Asuncion to Iguacu
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Language study in Brazil
- 2 Columbia Questions
- 3 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 4 Chile reciprocity fee - Canadian citizens
- 5 Argentina Holiday Help
- 6 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 7 driving up the coast from rio de janeiro to salvador
- 8 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 9 Chile - IVA Tax
- 10 Christmas present to Cusco?
- 11 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 12 Trip Report
- 13 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 14 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 15 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 16 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 17 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 18 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 19 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 20 1st South American adventure
- 21 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 22 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 23 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 24 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 25 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?