I'd like to hear from anyone who has visited Iguasu Falls travelling to/from Asuncion.
An old guide book says that there are "executive" buses from Asuncion to Foz de Iguacu (I have a visa for Brazil), and then a bus to the falls. It doesn't mention the travel times, but does say that there would be enough time to see the falls and return to Asuncion in the evening.
I'd like to see the Brazilian and Argentine sides of the falls.
This would be part of a trip: Buenos Aires-> Iguasu Falls-> Santiago de Chile-> B.A.
I could fly into Foz, Brazil, but only if there is a nonstop flight. Or fly into the Argentine town at the falls (how close is it?). Spend a night, then bus to Asuncion to spend a day and night, and on to Santiago.
Where to stay at the falls, in Foz or Argentina? Foz, I suppose, since I only know about the bus from there to Asuncion and I know it close to the falls.
The other option is the day trip or an overnight trip from Asuncion.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 2 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 3 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 4 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 5 Galapagos Add Ons
- 6 First Time In South America Itinerary
- 7 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 8 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 9 Trip Report Ecuador
- 10 Chile, Ecuadoror Columbia
- 11 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 12 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 13 Day trips from Montevideo
- 14 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 15 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 16 Driving tips and suggestions for Torres del Paine
- 17 Help with 3 Week Itinerary
- 18 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice
- 19 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 20 Ecuador, Places to shop
- 21 Only one day in Quito recommendations.
- 22 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 23 Booking the Grey Glacier Boat Tour
- 24 Volunteering in South America, maybe Peru?
- 25 Atacama and ????