I'd like to hear from anyone who has visited Iguasu Falls travelling to/from Asuncion.
An old guide book says that there are "executive" buses from Asuncion to Foz de Iguacu (I have a visa for Brazil), and then a bus to the falls. It doesn't mention the travel times, but does say that there would be enough time to see the falls and return to Asuncion in the evening.
I'd like to see the Brazilian and Argentine sides of the falls.
This would be part of a trip: Buenos Aires-> Iguasu Falls-> Santiago de Chile-> B.A.
I could fly into Foz, Brazil, but only if there is a nonstop flight. Or fly into the Argentine town at the falls (how close is it?). Spend a night, then bus to Asuncion to spend a day and night, and on to Santiago.
Where to stay at the falls, in Foz or Argentina? Foz, I suppose, since I only know about the bus from there to Asuncion and I know it close to the falls.
The other option is the day trip or an overnight trip from Asuncion.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Car and Driver in Rio De Janeiro
- 2 Elevation acclimatization, transportation, and lodging help!?
- 3 Amazon, OIlantaytambo, Colca Canyon, Pacasmay and About
- 4 Uruguay for wildlife
- 5 Destination Recommendation (w/ specifics)
- 6 Wha to expect from Cartagena, Colombia.
- 7 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 8 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 9 El Calafate excursions
- 10 Ecuador earthquake
- 11 Peru & Ecuador
- 12 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 13 Our 2016 South America Trip
- 14 Peru - Chinchero questions
- 15 Mendoza airport will be closed: Sept- Dec
- 16 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 17 Stray Dogs?
- 18 Salkantay trek
- 19 Iquitos vs Manu Peru Amazon
- 20 Visiting Alagoas or Boipeba
- 21 Need suggestions about 7 days Cusco itinerary
- 22 Enrico Poli Collection
- 23 Request for Galapagos Itinerary Assistance
- 24 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 25 10 Week South America Trip