I'd like to hear from anyone who has visited Iguasu Falls travelling to/from Asuncion.
An old guide book says that there are "executive" buses from Asuncion to Foz de Iguacu (I have a visa for Brazil), and then a bus to the falls. It doesn't mention the travel times, but does say that there would be enough time to see the falls and return to Asuncion in the evening.
I'd like to see the Brazilian and Argentine sides of the falls.
This would be part of a trip: Buenos Aires-> Iguasu Falls-> Santiago de Chile-> B.A.
I could fly into Foz, Brazil, but only if there is a nonstop flight. Or fly into the Argentine town at the falls (how close is it?). Spend a night, then bus to Asuncion to spend a day and night, and on to Santiago.
Where to stay at the falls, in Foz or Argentina? Foz, I suppose, since I only know about the bus from there to Asuncion and I know it close to the falls.
The other option is the day trip or an overnight trip from Asuncion.
Asuncion to Iguacu
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip Report - Very Long
- 2 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 3 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 4 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 5 JW Marriott Lima
- 6 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 7 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 8 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 9 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 10 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 11 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 12 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 13 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 14 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 15 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 16 Quito recommendations
- 17 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 18 Ecuador-tour guides
- 19 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 20 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 21 lima airport transport
- 22 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 23 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 24 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 25 Argentina currency