I'd like to hear from anyone who has visited Iguasu Falls travelling to/from Asuncion.
An old guide book says that there are "executive" buses from Asuncion to Foz de Iguacu (I have a visa for Brazil), and then a bus to the falls. It doesn't mention the travel times, but does say that there would be enough time to see the falls and return to Asuncion in the evening.
I'd like to see the Brazilian and Argentine sides of the falls.
This would be part of a trip: Buenos Aires-> Iguasu Falls-> Santiago de Chile-> B.A.
I could fly into Foz, Brazil, but only if there is a nonstop flight. Or fly into the Argentine town at the falls (how close is it?). Spend a night, then bus to Asuncion to spend a day and night, and on to Santiago.
Where to stay at the falls, in Foz or Argentina? Foz, I suppose, since I only know about the bus from there to Asuncion and I know it close to the falls.
The other option is the day trip or an overnight trip from Asuncion.
Asuncion to Iguacu
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 2 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 3 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 4 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 5 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 6 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 7 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 8 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 9 4 weeks in Chile
- 10 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 11 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 12 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 13 Para Ti, Brazil
- 14 Advice needed for Colombia
- 15 Chile and Argentina
- 16 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 17 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 18 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 19 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 20 El valle de Elquí
- 21 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 22 Columbia Questions
- 23 Bogota
- 24 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 25 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?