I'd like to hear from anyone who has visited Iguasu Falls travelling to/from Asuncion.
An old guide book says that there are "executive" buses from Asuncion to Foz de Iguacu (I have a visa for Brazil), and then a bus to the falls. It doesn't mention the travel times, but does say that there would be enough time to see the falls and return to Asuncion in the evening.
I'd like to see the Brazilian and Argentine sides of the falls.
This would be part of a trip: Buenos Aires-> Iguasu Falls-> Santiago de Chile-> B.A.
I could fly into Foz, Brazil, but only if there is a nonstop flight. Or fly into the Argentine town at the falls (how close is it?). Spend a night, then bus to Asuncion to spend a day and night, and on to Santiago.
Where to stay at the falls, in Foz or Argentina? Foz, I suppose, since I only know about the bus from there to Asuncion and I know it close to the falls.
The other option is the day trip or an overnight trip from Asuncion.
Asuncion to Iguacu
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru in December
- 2 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 3 amazon jungle trips
- 4 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 5 TDP in August
- 6 Amazon Cruise
- 7 3 Full Days in Iguazu?
- 8 Trip with my boyfriend to the Brazilian city of São Paulo!
- 9 Brazil for Carnival
- 10 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 11 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 12 Last 2 weeks
- 13 10 nights in Argentina
- 14 Flight to El Calafate for one day
- 15 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 16 Sobering Film
- 17 Travel to Peru with my 5 best friends!
- 18 Estancias Outside Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 19 Peru- making up a small 50+ group
- 20 Machu Picchu First?
- 21 Rosh Hashanah
- 22 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 23 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 24 Lakes District: Where to Base for 10 days
- 25 Patagonia trip decisions