I'd like to hear from anyone who has visited Iguasu Falls travelling to/from Asuncion.
An old guide book says that there are "executive" buses from Asuncion to Foz de Iguacu (I have a visa for Brazil), and then a bus to the falls. It doesn't mention the travel times, but does say that there would be enough time to see the falls and return to Asuncion in the evening.
I'd like to see the Brazilian and Argentine sides of the falls.
This would be part of a trip: Buenos Aires-> Iguasu Falls-> Santiago de Chile-> B.A.
I could fly into Foz, Brazil, but only if there is a nonstop flight. Or fly into the Argentine town at the falls (how close is it?). Spend a night, then bus to Asuncion to spend a day and night, and on to Santiago.
Where to stay at the falls, in Foz or Argentina? Foz, I suppose, since I only know about the bus from there to Asuncion and I know it close to the falls.
The other option is the day trip or an overnight trip from Asuncion.
Asuncion to Iguacu
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 2 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 3 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 4 Ipad Hackers in Peru?
- 5 Peru in December
- 6 Trip Report - Very Long
- 7 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 8 Wet suits in Galapagos
- 9 Heart of the Inca
- 10 Connection in Lima, practical for 3 hours?
- 11 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 12 Senior Citizen's wonderful trip to Sacred Valley thanks to Great Tour Guide
- 13 Tupiza to Tilcara
- 14 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 15 8 Days in Peru
- 16 Hostels in Oruro during Carnaval?
- 17 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 18 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 19 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 20 Transportation in Ecuador
- 21 NW of Argentina
- 22 adventure tour on the Amazon
- 23 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 24 Ten days in Ecuador
- 25 amazon jungle trips