I'd like to hear from anyone who has visited Iguasu Falls travelling to/from Asuncion.
An old guide book says that there are "executive" buses from Asuncion to Foz de Iguacu (I have a visa for Brazil), and then a bus to the falls. It doesn't mention the travel times, but does say that there would be enough time to see the falls and return to Asuncion in the evening.
I'd like to see the Brazilian and Argentine sides of the falls.
This would be part of a trip: Buenos Aires-> Iguasu Falls-> Santiago de Chile-> B.A.
I could fly into Foz, Brazil, but only if there is a nonstop flight. Or fly into the Argentine town at the falls (how close is it?). Spend a night, then bus to Asuncion to spend a day and night, and on to Santiago.
Where to stay at the falls, in Foz or Argentina? Foz, I suppose, since I only know about the bus from there to Asuncion and I know it close to the falls.
The other option is the day trip or an overnight trip from Asuncion.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 2 Santiago, Chile
- 3 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 4 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 5 limited time in Cusco
- 6 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 7 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 8 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 9 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 10 Visiting Ollantataymbo from Cusco
- 11 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 12 Back "home" in Barranco
- 13 Day trips from Montevideo
- 14 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 15 2 weeks in Colombia
- 16 Home exchange to Brazil: cultural differences.
- 17 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 18 Peru in 9 days - Safety Concerns and itinerary review
- 19 Layover in Lima
- 20 Gym recommendations for Quito Centro Historico
- 21 Backroads or Nat Geo hiking Patagonia
- 22 Amazon, OIlantaytambo, Colca Canyon, Pacasmay and About
- 23 Laguna San Rafael - how long and which tour
- 24 Chile with kids - help with itinerary, please!
- 25 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days