I'd like to hear from anyone who has visited Iguasu Falls travelling to/from Asuncion.
An old guide book says that there are "executive" buses from Asuncion to Foz de Iguacu (I have a visa for Brazil), and then a bus to the falls. It doesn't mention the travel times, but does say that there would be enough time to see the falls and return to Asuncion in the evening.
I'd like to see the Brazilian and Argentine sides of the falls.
This would be part of a trip: Buenos Aires-> Iguasu Falls-> Santiago de Chile-> B.A.
I could fly into Foz, Brazil, but only if there is a nonstop flight. Or fly into the Argentine town at the falls (how close is it?). Spend a night, then bus to Asuncion to spend a day and night, and on to Santiago.
Where to stay at the falls, in Foz or Argentina? Foz, I suppose, since I only know about the bus from there to Asuncion and I know it close to the falls.
The other option is the day trip or an overnight trip from Asuncion.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 2 60 day Trip to South America
- 3 3 week itinerary for Peru
- 4 Cities near santiago chile?
- 5 Ups and downs of our trip to Peru--from Machu Picchu to LIM airport floor
- 6 Buenos Aires
- 7 Best beach town for Jan- Feb trip
- 8 Buenos Aires with bad knee
- 9 Hotels in Argentina
- 10 Two day stay in Lima
- 11 Patagonia August 29 - September 7
- 12 I Didn't Get Killed in Rio: Our Travels in Peru, Brazil, and Ecuador
- 13 June travel in the Galapagos, Andean Ecuador, and Machu Picchu
- 14 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 15 Help! No Idea Where to Go.
- 16 Need itinerary advice for one month trip
- 17 Cusco Airport to Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza hotel
- 18 Peru itinerary
- 19 Questions On Packing For Patagonia
- 20 Need Help in Planning JuneItinerary for South Ameirca
- 21 Torres del Paine W Trek... Mid June or Late August???
- 22 Dual Citizen Traveling to Brazil & Argentina - Any Issues?
- 23 peru itinerary
- 24 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 25 Senior Travelers to Galapagos