We're on the last leg of our 17 day vacation and we arrived in Bogota yesterday. After spending 10 days on the Colombian coast, I was a little concerned about the altitude, but we spent 3 nights in a colonial town (Villa de Leyva) outside of Bogota and I was more or less ok. But man, am I feeling it now! Maybe some of it is pollution-related? My legs feel like they weigh about 150 pounds each and I feel mildly sick to my stomach after eating. Luckily we are staying in a nice hotel where I can relax between sightseeing excursions.
Arghhh, Altitude in Bogota is High
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 2 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 3 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 4 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 5 Quito trip review with Gate 1 Travel
- 6 2 weeks in Argentina
- 7 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 8 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 9 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 10 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 11 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 12 Back to South America
- 13 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 14 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 15 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 16 JW Marriott Lima
- 17 Trip Report - Very Long
- 18 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 19 Quito recommendations
- 20 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 21 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 22 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 23 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 24 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 25 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service