We're on the last leg of our 17 day vacation and we arrived in Bogota yesterday. After spending 10 days on the Colombian coast, I was a little concerned about the altitude, but we spent 3 nights in a colonial town (Villa de Leyva) outside of Bogota and I was more or less ok. But man, am I feeling it now! Maybe some of it is pollution-related? My legs feel like they weigh about 150 pounds each and I feel mildly sick to my stomach after eating. Luckily we are staying in a nice hotel where I can relax between sightseeing excursions.
Arghhh, Altitude in Bogota is High
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 2 Please Help - Santiago, Mendoza & Buenos Aires
- 3 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 4 Speak to me of Peru
- 5 Back to South America
- 6 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 7 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 8 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 9 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 10 Fire in Valparaiso
- 11 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 12 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 13 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 14 Ecuador - should we go?
- 15 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 16 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 17 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 18 Driving in Ecuador
- 19 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 20 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 21 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 22 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 23 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 24 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 25 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco