My partner and I would like to visit Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls, and Rio, as well as go on day trips for surrounding areas. We have 3 weeks vacation from about July 12 - Aug. 2.
From what I've read on the forums, flying from BA to the falls seems the most efficient. However, we're not sure how to get from the falls to Rio... Any suggestions? The one flight I found was something over 800$ (Canadian). Too expensive. And we're not really up to 12-hour bus rides. Are there trains that would be faster than buses?
Or, should we forget Rio this time and stick to Argentina? If so, which places should we prioritize in 3 weeks? I've been told that Rosario and some places in Uruguay are worth visiting. Any thoughts?
Argentina & Brazil
- 1 How bad are the floods in Rio currently?
- 2 Trip report for Bariloche
- 3 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 4 should we skip Bolivia in Febuary.
- 5 Crellston and Others
- 6 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 7 Reflections on our South America trip
- 8 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 9 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 10 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 11 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 12 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 13 8 Days in Brazil
- 14 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 15 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 16 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 17 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 18 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 19 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 20 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 21 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 22 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 23 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 24 Peru Hop?
- 25 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only