My partner and I would like to visit Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls, and Rio, as well as go on day trips for surrounding areas. We have 3 weeks vacation from about July 12 - Aug. 2.
From what I've read on the forums, flying from BA to the falls seems the most efficient. However, we're not sure how to get from the falls to Rio... Any suggestions? The one flight I found was something over 800$ (Canadian). Too expensive. And we're not really up to 12-hour bus rides. Are there trains that would be faster than buses?
Or, should we forget Rio this time and stick to Argentina? If so, which places should we prioritize in 3 weeks? I've been told that Rosario and some places in Uruguay are worth visiting. Any thoughts?
Argentina & Brazil
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 2 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 3 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 4 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 5 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 6 Transportation in Ecuador
- 7 NW of Argentina
- 8 adventure tour on the Amazon
- 9 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 10 Ten days in Ecuador
- 11 amazon jungle trips
- 12 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 13 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 14 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 15 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 16 Dollars, sols or credit cards in Peru?
- 17 Peru versus Bolivia
- 18 Need advise for Argentina and surrounding areas in May??
- 19 Enchanting-South America-tour companies
- 20 altitude sickness (Bolivia vs. Peru)
- 21 Need help in where to stay in Mendoza in December
- 22 Using Internet for Finances in South America
- 23 Flight to El Calafate for one day
- 24 Peru in December
- 25 NYT Article on Cartagena