My partner and I would like to visit Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls, and Rio, as well as go on day trips for surrounding areas. We have 3 weeks vacation from about July 12 - Aug. 2.
From what I've read on the forums, flying from BA to the falls seems the most efficient. However, we're not sure how to get from the falls to Rio... Any suggestions? The one flight I found was something over 800$ (Canadian). Too expensive. And we're not really up to 12-hour bus rides. Are there trains that would be faster than buses?
Or, should we forget Rio this time and stick to Argentina? If so, which places should we prioritize in 3 weeks? I've been told that Rosario and some places in Uruguay are worth visiting. Any thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Is it worth the Brazil visa to see the Falls?
- 2 Backroads or Nat Geo hiking Patagonia
- 3 Rio de Janeiro in March
- 4 Spontaneity in Cusco activities possible?
- 5 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 6 Southward Ho! Adventures in Chile & ARG
- 7 Argentina in October--more questions
- 8 Our new government to promote foreign tourism
- 9 South America this October
- 10 Chile or Argentina?
- 11 11 hours in Lima
- 12 Transportation: Cusco Airport to Ollantaytamba train station
- 13 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 14 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 15 Machu Picchu - any good hiking guide companies?
- 16 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 17 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 18 Antarctica on the Vavilov-How to book?
- 19 Peru in December
- 20 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 21 Tarapoto
- 22 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia
- 23 Buenos Aires/Argentina 10+ Day, Solo Woman Traveler
- 24 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 25 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September