My partner and I would like to visit Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls, and Rio, as well as go on day trips for surrounding areas. We have 3 weeks vacation from about July 12 - Aug. 2.
From what I've read on the forums, flying from BA to the falls seems the most efficient. However, we're not sure how to get from the falls to Rio... Any suggestions? The one flight I found was something over 800$ (Canadian). Too expensive. And we're not really up to 12-hour bus rides. Are there trains that would be faster than buses?
Or, should we forget Rio this time and stick to Argentina? If so, which places should we prioritize in 3 weeks? I've been told that Rosario and some places in Uruguay are worth visiting. Any thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Narrowing Down Itinerary
- 2 Tell me soething about South America travel tips?
- 3 Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail
- 4 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 5 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 6 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
- 7 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!
- 8 Cartagens for 3.5 days. Looking for suggestions-islands, food tours, etc..
- 9 Need day trip/guide suggestions from Puerto Ayora, Galapagos
- 10 Peru Final 15-day Itinerary Help Needed
- 11 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 12 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?
- 13 Peru - Puno & Lakes or Amazon
- 14 Did You Visit the Lakes District and/or Chiloe?
- 15 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 16 Where to start in May?
- 17 Argentina and Bolivia/March and April
- 18 Belated trip report (Quito and Mindo)
- 19 Machu Picchu...Doable?
- 20 Valparaiso to Santiago Airport - How Much Time to Allow?
- 21 Nazcaflights.com - Jon Green - Any good?
- 22 Santiago & Valparaiso - Attire Questions
- 23 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 24 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 25 Argentina October 2016