We are starting to plan a three-week trip to Northern Brazil in 2015 and need some help getting a handle on realistically how much we can see. We are experienced travelers in our 60s.
We have been to Brazil two other times and are therefore focusing on the Amazon River area, ending up somewhere on a nice swimming beach for 5-7 days.
In my preliminary reading, it sounds like May is a good time to visit but we are flexible.
We are open to a several-night river cruise, suggestions for visiting places such as Fortaleza/Pipa, Fernando de Noronha and whichever other cities such as Belém, Santarém, etc. might be worth a peek. (It sounds like we might have to see Manaus transportation wise, but I am not positive that’s the case.)
Any input that would help us create a manageable itinerary would be most welcome. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Valpo, Lakes, Chiloe & Patagonia Time allotment?
- 2 Flying Solo to South America
- 3 Tell me soething about South America travel tips?
- 4 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 5 South American destinations for introverts?
- 6 Narrowing Down Itinerary
- 7 Where to start in May?
- 8 Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail
- 9 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 10 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 11 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
- 12 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!
- 13 Cartagens for 3.5 days. Looking for suggestions-islands, food tours, etc..
- 14 Need day trip/guide suggestions from Puerto Ayora, Galapagos
- 15 Peru Final 15-day Itinerary Help Needed
- 16 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 17 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?
- 18 Peru - Puno & Lakes or Amazon
- 19 Did You Visit the Lakes District and/or Chiloe?
- 20 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 21 Argentina and Bolivia/March and April
- 22 Belated trip report (Quito and Mindo)
- 23 Machu Picchu...Doable?
- 24 Valparaiso to Santiago Airport - How Much Time to Allow?
- 25 Nazcaflights.com - Jon Green - Any good?
Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?