We are starting to plan a three-week trip to Northern Brazil in 2015 and need some help getting a handle on realistically how much we can see. We are experienced travelers in our 60s.
We have been to Brazil two other times and are therefore focusing on the Amazon River area, ending up somewhere on a nice swimming beach for 5-7 days.
In my preliminary reading, it sounds like May is a good time to visit but we are flexible.
We are open to a several-night river cruise, suggestions for visiting places such as Fortaleza/Pipa, Fernando de Noronha and whichever other cities such as Belém, Santarém, etc. might be worth a peek. (It sounds like we might have to see Manaus transportation wise, but I am not positive that’s the case.)
Any input that would help us create a manageable itinerary would be most welcome. Thanks!
Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Ecuador - should we go?
- 2 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 3 Santiago 2 days
- 4 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 5 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 6 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 7 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 8 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 9 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 10 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 11 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 12 Lodge in Pantanal
- 13 Pantanal on your own
- 14 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 15 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 16 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 17 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 18 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 19 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 20 Cell phone in Brazil
- 21 10 Full Days in Peru
- 22 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 23 10 day itinerary questions
- 24 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 25 Please comment on this 8 week itinerary (Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru)!